Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply *♦*The Writers' Oasis*♦*
Mur's Super Word Game

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll?
  yay!
View Results

murderface

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:13 pm
The person above you will give you a word. Look it up if you are not sure of its meaning. You have to use that word in a paragraph. Not a big one, over four sentances will do finely. Use the thesurous as much as possible. This exersize is as much to widen your vocabulary as to inspire you.

When you are done find a really interesting word for the next person to use.

I started with "Rebarbative"

His pock marked face was so rebarbative, so terribly grotesque that for many days I couldn’t look at it without wincing. I would stare at his heaving chest as he lectured us on the treacherous grounds of philosophy. Whenever one of us wayward youth played up he would take our chin in his greasy mitt and thrust his face inches from ours. His eyes were the only things that didn’t look like decay on his face. They were flinty and cold, they sat like hard marbles set in folds of chicken skin. He scared me, he scared us all. It was his nose most of all that scared me, something was devouring it from the inside. When he held it to my face I could smell it, a softly putrid smell that lingered long after the experience.

(Edit: if you liked that I have put up the rest under "My Philosophy Teacher")

The next word: Insensate  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:31 pm
The insensate tree stood upon the grassy, cold ground motionlessly. No wind ruffled its dry, barren branches, and no breeze brushed past its old, gnarled bark. The tree was dead, and was a pale, grayish-brown hue... and seemed to be so dry as to make one pity it. The tree was as inanimate as a rock. The grass at its trunk swayed a bit to a low wind, but the tree showed no motion, no movement. The tree could have been mistaken for nothing if one did not look hard enough. The tree's bland, dreary colors melded with that of the cold, gray skies.

The next word: phantasmagoria  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Rigormortis Metamorphosis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:40 pm
She sat at her desk in her last class, like always it had been an uneventful day. Faintly she could hear the teachers voice fading from her mind as she drifted into the book her hazel eyes fell upon. It had a mustard yellow cover, the pages so old they nearly matched. The book was a collection of Lewis Carroll's works, "Phantasmagoria", was the first title.

Next word :lycanthropes  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:56 pm
Gazing to the stars one night, Jack wondered what else was out there. What else was possible? The amateur soap maker had begun to wish that all manner of supernatural creatures existed. Vampires, Lycanthropes, Warlocks, you name it.

Next word: Palladium  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

*♦*The Writers' Oasis*♦*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas