Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Dose any one no how too make a goth choker?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fishkisser22

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:41 pm
im not goth but lately i have had a craveing to make one of those goth chokers or maybe just a fancy not gothic choker any one have any idea how to make one  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:29 am
A) your grammar/spelling bites. Try proof reading.

B) how do you want to make it? Some "goth" chockers are lace- that be sewn, knitted, or crocheted. Some involve leather working. Some are a beading type project, with chain and beads. We need more info to help you.  

Silver Mist

fishkisser22

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:28 pm
sorry about the spelling and preferably i would like to sew one out of lace  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:27 pm
first of all, your post would be easier to read if you used punctuation.
second, what exactly is a "goth choker"? do you need to be goth to wear chokers?
eek

centaury

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:33 pm
I think if you found us some pictures that show us what your wanting, it would be easier to help. If i knew what you were looking for I'd know what pages to give you. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:44 pm
i dont know about a sewn choker, but there is a knit pattern on knitty.com in the romance/kinky issue. that could maybe help you...?  

Fionamule

fishkisser22

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:55 pm
kochi~mochi
I think if you found us some pictures that show us what your wanting, it would be easier to help. If i knew what you were looking for I'd know what pages to give you. wink

i guess this is sort of what i mean by goth choker User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:28 pm
Your first step would be getting the lace, and figuring out how you want to clasp it. I would probably use snaps in the back. Either that, or skirt clasps. Hem the ends of the lace and attach the clasps. For chains, i would probably sew in super small button holes and put jump rings through, or maybe just sew the chain on, and attach the beads to that.

some people i know who've made them put a velvet ribbon on the inside so they don't have to feel the lace. Personally i would invest in the nicer lace since that would be against your neck while wearing it, and it would have to be pretty close fitting for it to fit right. If you can't find the lace you want in black and think you can dye it black, make sure you don't get something that doesn't dye like rayon or polyester. (I learned that the hard way). If you can't find a single lace that's wide enough the you like you can always sew several together, one with the edge you like and one thats a straight lace with a pattern that works with it. Theres some ways you can join them so they'll look fine, and not stick out like most hems do.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Zanthess

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:17 pm
If you want to try crochet, you could check out websites that do chokers, a lot of them are victoria style, but if you used black crochet thread instead, viola! Goth choker! smile

Hope this helps.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:44 am
i know it's been said, but DAYAM
poster
" Dose any one no how too make a goth choker?"

that just...
oh it just tickles me pink.

Kingyo~goldfish

Moko117

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:22 pm
centaury
first of all, your post would be easier to read if you used punctuation.
second, what exactly is a "goth choker"? do you need to be goth to wear chokers?
eek

do these people know nothing?!

btw love the idea  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:34 pm
try: www.theanticraft.com for some resources and ideas.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Zanthess

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:21 pm
Ooh yes. Anticraft = very yes.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:48 pm
Another design I've seen is to take a wide piece of velvet ribbon, either in deep red or black, and a thinner piece of lace in the other color (So if black ribbon, red lace / red ribbon, black lace).

You then get both to the length you need for your neck, plus whatever seam allowance you want, times two. (If you sew with a 1/4 inch seam allowance, then an extra 1/2 inch.) You stitch the lace to the top of the velvet ribbon. You take the ends of the ribbon, fold them over your allowance, and sew them down. Attach your choice of hooks or snaps, there you go.

You can sometimes find little accent beads to sew to the lace, or some of those BeDazzle type studs might work too. You know what I mean?  

[LadyRaven]

fishkisser22

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:30 am
thanx  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out