Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orafaun

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:32 am
Has anyone ever used a bowl or soil for divination? I never had much luck with bowls of water. I was reading somewhere and it was talking about alternatives to the standard bowl and suggested a bowl of earth. I have never had much success in divination until I tried this. Its less of actually seeing a picture and more feeling with your whole body. If you have never tried it I suggest it. It may work for you.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:37 pm
Earth scrying? I haven't tried it personally but I'm familiar with the concept. Scrying of that particular type - in my humble opinion - really works best when you are gazing at something in motion. It might depend on your sentiment though. I know I've sometimes seen things in the speckled patterns many ceilings are covered with.

If I wanted to Earth scry though, I would probably do something like scatter soil or sand on a clean surface and interpret the patterns formed from that. All in all I don't use scrying methods quite as much as oracular systems of divination.  

Starlock
Crew

Orafaun

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:26 pm
I am not much for scrying of any type. I was just experimenting. I'de say it was a success.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:51 pm
I use smoke, whether from incense or candles.  

10 of Diamonds

Orafaun

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:05 pm
10 of Diamonds
I use smoke, whether from incense or candles.

Indeed. I have experimented with that as well. Steam also works well. If you get in a hot back in a dark room and sit candles around the edge, it illuminated the steam and you can see it well.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:03 am
Try using a bowl with a bit of burning oil.  

Cosmic Space Orange

Tipsy Mage

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:46 am
SiegeDragomon
Try using a bowl with a bit of burning oil.

I've only just started learning to do this sort of stuff so i'M NOT GOOD AT ANY OF THEM lol! but i know what you mean about the oil. I once was just staring at my oil burner that had a bit of oil left in it and suddenly I could've sworn the colourful stuff swirling on the surface moved into the shape of a rabbit! eek  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games