Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Religion and Twilight-what ifs?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

celestialheiress

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:15 pm
(I posted this in another guild but I wanted to see ya'lls opinions too)

okay, so I was wondering about this...does stephenie meyer ever hit on any religious aspects in her books?

I don't remember it being so, i always wondered how the story would change if Bella were christian or muslim or something... if she was deeply religious when she met edward, would she be in denile? would she have a different perspective on being changed? or would she deny her religion all together..

for those religious types out there..what would you do?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:21 pm
You can tell Edward was/is religious in Eclipse. Edward was talking about how if he changed Bella she'd have no soul and be kept out of heaven.

Bella doesn't seem to be too religious since she doesn't care what happens to her soul. If she was religious I think there would be more conflict and probably be more reluctant to change into a vamp....  

Aqua Anjel

celestialheiress

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:24 pm
yeah I agree Aqua.

I remember edward talking about and his reluctance to be transformed.. If I had the opportunity to be a vampire I really don't know what I would do.. I am religious but not extremely.

It would be very challenging to decide between eternal life and possible eternal damnation. evil  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:38 pm
Yup. But I'd also think about my chances of dying as a vampire....
But now that I think about it, being a vampire is forever.
It's crazy to think about living forever. I personally would probably get tired of it and get the Volturi to take me out.

Another thought is since it really isn't you're choice in most vampires cases like Edward and Rosalie, can you really be damned? I can understand them keeping Bella out.....but what about everyone else?  

Aqua Anjel

celestialheiress

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:46 pm
Aqua Anjel
Yup. But I'd also think about my chances of dying as a vampire....
But now that I think about it, being a vampire is forever.
It's crazy to think about living forever. I personally would probably get tired of it and get the Volturi to take me out.

Another thought is since it really isn't you're choice in most vampires cases like Edward and Rosalie, can you really be damned? I can understand them keeping Bella out.....but what about everyone else?

thats true, haha I'd probably try to kill myself.

poor souls then yes.. the ones who had no choice.

I guess we'll never know.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff