Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Hijab Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You wear hijab?
I am a male!
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
I wear it, and i like to wear it!
45%
 45%  [ 16 ]
I wear it, and i hate to waer it!
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
I don't wear it!
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 35

Zaakii

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:54 am
Asalamu'alykum! I wonder why some muslim womens wear hijab, and some don't... I personaly think it's a rule to wear hijab if you are a girl.
What do u people think?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:03 pm

Wa3laykum Salam ,

Well I think that Muslim womens are supposed to wear Hijab .__.
Like one of the main characteristic of Islam is Modesty so yeahh ...
I personnally don't wear it , but I want to...

Since it's March Break I'll ask my Cousin if she wants to help find some Hijab 'cause I want to wear it at the start of School ( did that sentence made sense ? Sorry if it didn't , I'm not really fluent at English so yeah. )

Anyways , Both Men and Women are suppose to have it anyways so ...umm yeah..
But I have a lot of my Friends who are Muslim and Don't wear it .__.
It's their choice in the end....I guess

S o r a C h u

Zaakii

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:31 am
S o r a C h u

Wa3laykum Salam ,

Since it's March Break I'll ask my Cousin if she wants to help find some Hijab 'cause I want to wear it at the start of School ( did that sentence made sense ? Sorry if it didn't , I'm not really fluent at English so yeah. )

LØL ur saying that men must also wear hijab????  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:07 am
Zaaki
S o r a C h u

Wa3laykum Salam ,

Well by Hijab I don't mean the Headscarf xD

I meant this :

24.30 . Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and be modest . That is purer for them . Lo! Allah is Aware of what they do .

24.31 .
And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest , and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent , and to draw their veils over their bosoms , and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands fathers , or their sons or their husbands ' sons , or their brothers or their brothers ' sons or sisters sons , or their women , or their slaves , or male attendants who lack vigor , or children who know naught of women ' s nakedness . And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment . And turn unto Allah together , O believers , in order that ye may succeed .

It's like the "Men" version of Hijab let's say xD

S o r a C h u

Zaakii

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:25 am
S o r a C h u
Zaaki
S o r a C h u

Wa3laykum Salam ,

Well by Hijab I don't mean the Headscarf xD

I meant this :

24.30 . Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and be modest . That is purer for them . Lo! Allah is Aware of what they do .

24.31 .
And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest , and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent , and to draw their veils over their bosoms , and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands fathers , or their sons or their husbands ' sons , or their brothers or their brothers ' sons or sisters sons , or their women , or their slaves , or male attendants who lack vigor , or children who know naught of women ' s nakedness . And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment . And turn unto Allah together , O believers , in order that ye may succeed .

Sorry i diden't understand that... I use "man hijab" when i do nimaz ore read Qur'an... Not always.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:11 am
i wear hijab ^^

maybe some of muslims don't live in a muslim country & they can't wear hijab rolleyes  

joody_abot

Zaakii

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:50 am
joody_abot
i wear hijab ^^

maybe some of muslims don't live in a muslim country & they can't wear hijab rolleyes

That's not a excuse! But they are trying to ban hijab rolleyes

Here is something of what they say: "You can't feel safe if the doctor is muslim, and wear hijab"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:19 am
S o r a C h u

24.31 .

Well... since you posted the Qur'anic rule yet a nice argument, I will just write some logical explanation to reinforce what you said.

There's some stupid question that has been around for some time, asked by racist who hates Islam (or those who don't know Islam at all)

Apparently, they wondered how come females in Islam wears Hijab, meanwhile the males don't, they thought this as a discrimination.

so, lol

We all know male hormones, makes a male likely to attracted to a "revealed" female, you know, males can't fool themselves, although their reaction when they see someone wearing swimsuits variates, basically they can't lie about the fact what they're seeing is a "pleasant" view. Then there is a possibility they will think this and that and blah blah blah, which commonly is negative.

Vice versa? I don't think so.

Girls don't attracted to males who exposed his aurat. Usually its males who rape females, right? (the "usually" word caused by these days, I heard some cases about females rape males). So, the hijab was meant to protect the females for males negative thoughts.  

Count of Mistekreuz

spottystripes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:22 pm
i wear a hijab1 biggrin and i reall ywanted to wear one - i started last summmer (2007) in august.

i wore it before i started 6th form (college) - so one day i just whipped it on - in my heart i felt ready - like i had never done before! - and itwas a great feeling - hwen i eventuallly told my parents that i was gonna do a hijab - they wre really happy - that i chose this on my own!

neway my mom asked me loads of questions about it - n one of th ethings that she said was ::: what about marriage - what are you gonna do - wot if no guy wants to marry u cuz of ur hijab - it was quite a logical question i thaught - cuz guys these days are attracted to women with no hijab.

neway my answer to this was simple - Allah (swt) already knows who im gonna marry and who to - and Allah (swt) will reveal that man to me when Allah(swt) thinks the time is right for me! because i know that that is true

then she said to me y dont ya do it after marriage - just to see whether i had thaught about it properly about this decition ::: and i said - 'wot is the point in wearing it after marriage - cuz the whole point of wearing a hijab is so that u r protected from 'looks' from the guys

my first time that i went out wth a hijab on - i went to the corner shop! biggrin
i was so nervous - and meeting all of my relatives - some of the reactions - they were nice though - but they were well shocked eek

neway that was what happened and mashallah now here i am wearing hijab - and i love it!

i also thaught - what if i dont get this feeling of readyness of wearing hijab as i did bac then - because i know - in a very uncertain person u know - im uncertain of what job to do - what uni i go to - even what i wear or eat !

and i also thught what if dont and later i look bac and think - i wish i had worn it - also i thaight what if i dont get the chance to wear one - nething can happen!

i hope y'all kinda like know wot its like to wear a hijab - even for the males - to get an insight to-

but after saying that - dont think im ready for a jilbab yet confused

neway - what is 'aurat' in my language it means woman - is it that - or is it an arabic word?

btw - men also have some rules go to do with clothes and stuff - like males are not allowed o wear gold - or silk

~when they wear trousers/jeans it should cover their belly butten (i think) and when they wear chorts they should againt ull it over their bellybutton (i think) abd just below their knees!
~and i think that the hat (topee) is optional for men
~these days in Britain - males walk around wioth trousers just pulled below th ehip bone - and show their boxers! i must admit it does look cool cool sweatdrop - and they are covered in a way - but very unislamic!!!

neway g/hafiz - good night its half 11 n im tired amd still gotta read namaz redface sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:42 pm
I dont wear one..none of my family members or reletives wear one either and they are muslim. My mom lets me where w/e i want. That might seem bad to some people but it's just the way i was taught and how i grew up.  

queen_of_karate

spottystripes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:49 am
queen_of_karate
I dont wear one..none of my family members or reletives wear one either and they are muslim. My mom lets me where w/e i want. That might seem bad to some people but it's just the way i was taught and how i grew up.

same here - but i thaught that u know i should change and tell everyone properly that i am a muslim and im proud aswell -also it was a request from Allah swt that all muslim women should wear it - so i have!

i dont wear a jilbab though! sweatdrop mi mum says wear it after u get married which is absolutely ages away! redface  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:36 pm
oh.
I thought women made a personal choice about wearing the hijab...I didn't think it was mandatory.... sweatdrop  

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Zaakii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:49 am
Some people says it is a rule, and some people says it is only if u wanto.
That's why i maked this treath, to figureout if it's a rule.

Between what's Jilbab?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:04 am
Zaaki

Between what's Jilbab?

it's...what women wear to cover their body..I think?..isn't?  

_rainarai_

Zaakii

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:29 am
_rainarai_
Zaaki

Between what's Jilbab?

it's...what women wear to cover their body..I think?..isn't?

Don't you cover your body? eek lol  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces