Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Sims 2 DS

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:44 pm
OK, I KNOW this is a guild for the pc only, I know that ,but I was wondering if anyone out there had Sims 2 for the DS and if they could tell me about it.

See, here's my deal. I'm going off on a trip, a long trip, a trip too long that i can't last without Sims 2. So I refured back to my old Ds, and was WONDERING, what others thought of the game.

I really want a basic sim game where I can:
~Get married
~Build houses
~Make sims
~Have friends
~Throw parties
~And maybe have children.

There's also Sims 2 PEts out for DS, and I didn't ow if that was the one that I might want more, but it seems like all it'sabout is pets... idk. I'm really stuck here, could anyone help me out?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:21 pm
This guild isn't PC Sims only. Its for ANY version of the Sims.

With what you want to do I would definitely steer away from Sims 2 Pets on DS. It is just about running a pet clinic as far as I know and doesn't really revolve around normal Sims gameplay at all.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

[Dick Dastardly]

4,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:25 pm
Sims 2 pets for DS is lame in my book. You have a house, a forced job, and basically a track you play along. It is not open, and free formed like the normal Sims 2, and I can only assume any Sims 2 game for the DS will be the same some what. The only cool thing about it is cooking, and if you really want a cooking game there are better ones out there.

I would rate Sims 2 Pets for the DS 1/10. I will never buy a sims game that is not for the computer again due to this. I played it maybe 3 ingame days, and never touched it again. Waisted 40 bucks neutral .

From what you stated I would suggest the following DS games
Animal Crossing
~ no marrage, but do work on friendships
~ while you don't 'build' your house it gets bigger, and decorating it is the main point of the game
~ many things to do, like find fossils, bugs, collect furniture, sell fruit and more
~ only real downside is your neighbours are talking, walkin on two legs animals...

Harvest Moon
~ no house building/decorating
~ its a farm sim so you tend your crops, and take care of your animals
~ you make friends
~ you get married
~ you can have kids

I think you would have better chances enjoying either of those games from what I could read about your post. Also you can get Harvest Moon for around 10 bucks most of the time...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:02 pm
I don't have or know anyone that has it, but I have a freind with the PSP version. He let me play it before, it's tough to get used top playing a PSP sweatdrop honestly, I kept messing with his families but I couldn't put the codes in to make his family rich gonk  

Box-Man Mello

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:55 am
Sadly, you can't do ANY of that on the DS game.
emo

It's goal based.
It's still pretty fun though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:26 pm
I have Sims 2 for the DS. I completed it within days. stare I am never buying another Sims game for the DS; it was terrible. It makes Sims Bustin' Out and th Urbz for the GBA look amazing by comparison. Don't bother buying it. stressed  

Honourable123

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff