I feel like such a noob for this, but... (Brawl) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:55 am
When I play Brawl online, I go to "play with anyone" and I choose my character and stage, and practice on sandbag, and I just stay there until I get an error and get disconnected, never finding anyone. When I did find someone, it worked alright, but there was a bit of lag.

When I try to do friend Brawls anymore, I join a friend's game, and I choose my character and stage, only to find that there are no other participants in the game. Then I eventually get disconnected.

When I did friend Brawls the day it came out with Goldriff, we got insanely bad lag. Like, multiple minutes worth of basically complete frozenness. I'm in a match right now, actually (LAWL!) with a member of Gaia, and it was going well for a minute and a half, and then it lagged terribly. I'm getting falcon kicked, and I probably still will be for a couple of minutes.

I also have no option for spectating, nor do I see where I can get stages, or upload them.

I have a good internet connection, and my router is Linksys brand, and is not ten feet away from my Wii.

Halp, please. D:  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:25 am
-I'm having the same problems here. Eventually after 5 tries to connect, I get a match. But yeah, there's been some seriously lag with mine. Same distance from wi-fi , same product.
-I think it's the millions of Americans playing, since WFC is a main feature.
-My guess is that Nintendo's servers are taking a hit.

NinShmux

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:19 pm
yus that is a bit of a problem.

i guess they didn't expect so many to just go wi-fi.

oh i have every character now too biggrin

and i needz yur code fish!

I wantz to battle you!

I got your wii code already, get mine and i got custom levels that are awesome (i has all the parts too.)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:05 pm
Which reminds me that I haven't posted my brawl code yet, nor do I know mine yet. I'm going to have to get to that.  

Yin Yun Yang

TooHyphy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:32 pm
...I knew it.
I tried a lot last night, and the longest it stayed connected was about...two minutes.
I just wanted to play against someone...last time I tried it, I got last in every game. It takes a bit to get used to the feel of the game. It's a little different from Melee. neutral

Even with the Gamecube controller.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:40 pm
"The smashing success of Nintendo's latest blockbuster IP, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, has broken more than just sales records -- it's breaking wi-fi connections too.

When players attempt to log on and battle random opponents via the Nintendo Wi-Fi network during peak hours (nights and weekends), they are being greeted more often than not with the now infamous Error Code: 85010 message.

Nintendo's customer service page says the 85010 error could be the result of a few things: unusual amounts of traffic, an incorrect connection between the Wii and the Internet service provider, or incorrect router settings.

Of course, Nintendo could have saved a lot of online real estate and listed the cause of 85010 as "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" but that wouldn't have been very professional, now would it?

Until there is a fix in place, there are several options listed over at Joystiq that can make sure the Wii Wi-Fi connection doesn't get severed at the wrong time. If you play with Friend Code approved players you shouldn't have to worry about this; and if you like to watch then you'll be please to know Spectator Mode works fine at this time too."

Link.

NinShmux

knightlord1

2,200 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:13 pm
Meta_Fish
When I play Brawl online, I go to "play with anyone" and I choose my character and stage, and practice on sandbag, and I just stay there until I get an error and get disconnected, never finding anyone. When I did find someone, it worked alright, but there was a bit of lag.

When I try to do friend Brawls anymore, I join a friend's game, and I choose my character and stage, only to find that there are no other participants in the game. Then I eventually get disconnected.

When I did friend Brawls the day it came out with Goldriff, we got insanely bad lag. Like, multiple minutes worth of basically complete frozenness. I'm in a match right now, actually (LAWL!) with a member of Gaia, and it was going well for a minute and a half, and then it lagged terribly. I'm getting falcon kicked, and I probably still will be for a couple of minutes.

I also have no option for spectating, nor do I see where I can get stages, or upload them.

I have a good internet connection, and my router is Linksys brand, and is not ten feet away from my Wii.

Halp, please. D:
its only because there is a problem with how nintendo set it up, and they will either realize it, or they already know, and they will fix it, besides, the lag makes it fun, to a certain level  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:28 am
Quote:

A lot of people experience this. Myself included. I've only gotten into "Play with Anyone" a few times, but not all of it had lag. I've heard rumors that lag can come from either Nintendo's WiFi servers which are acting up for Brawl gamers, or the distance between you and the opposing players (ie: which state or country they might live in).User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:

I've only Friend Brawled once, so far. But this might have to do with Wifi's current lag. Your friends may have been in a game, but perhaps left and finished, only to let lag take awhile to completely get rid of the room they were in? I'm not sure if that type of lag is possible over Wifi or not, but it's a possibility.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:

Nintendo adjusted the Spectator mode so that you have to wait at least... I think 24 hours? It was either one full day or three full days. I don't recall which. But after you wait that amount of time from first connecting to Wifi, then Spectator mode is supposed to appear. the strange part about this is that I could see Spectator mode just fine ever since I got the game on the 10th. :/User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:

Halp, please. D:

My router and Wii are barely twelve inches apart. It's Nintendo's servers, fo'sure.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Syn of Sin

Akkad`

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:58 am
lol Noob.

But yeah, I never had a match yet on wi-fi with no lag. I played a friend from Mexico and it lagged hard. It was difficult to play a match like that, because I can see what attack he was using, it took a good two minutes for him to recover.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:37 pm
I had this problem the first day, but everything works fine now.  

Meniscus

Smoker

8,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:25 pm
Box of Condoms
Quote:

A lot of people experience this. Myself included. I've only gotten into "Play with Anyone" a few times, but not all of it had lag. I've heard rumors that lag can come from either Nintendo's WiFi servers which are acting up for Brawl gamers, or the distance between you and the opposing players (ie: which state or country they might live in).User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:

I've only Friend Brawled once, so far. But this might have to do with Wifi's current lag. Your friends may have been in a game, but perhaps left and finished, only to let lag take awhile to completely get rid of the room they were in? I'm not sure if that type of lag is possible over Wifi or not, but it's a possibility.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:

Nintendo adjusted the Spectator mode so that you have to wait at least... I think 24 hours? It was either one full day or three full days. I don't recall which. But after you wait that amount of time from first connecting to Wifi, then Spectator mode is supposed to appear. the strange part about this is that I could see Spectator mode just fine ever since I got the game on the 10th. :/User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:

Halp, please. D:

My router and Wii are barely twelve inches apart. It's Nintendo's servers, fo'sure.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

>_> is it just me, or do other people get bugged when a topic has been solved, and no one reads through to see if it has been solved, and just make a loooooonnnnnnngggggg post solving the problem again?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:25 pm
O.O I haven't gotten any error codes or anything yet... but I have a while to find players on play with anyone, sometimes it takes at least 30 seconds to find a full game >.< I want it faster.. but that's probably as fast as it'll go  

ravemast

Emis

Tipsy Conversationalist

5,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:19 pm
Today is the first day my wii is connected to the internet.

I finally managed a fight and it was slightly lagging.
I thought it was just my retarded wireless that was failing to get me a match, guess not.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:23 am
I have that problem. Every other match, it lags, and it usually costs me the fight because my acts like a retard. I've had to invent a new style for myself that contridicts my original style just so I can have a fighting chance  

KeyBlader1

Thieving Rogue

16,140 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:04 am
even if the match is moving smoothly there still is a hint of lag, to counter this, predict where you and your opponent are gonna be, then strike a split second early to hit him first!

thats what i've been doing, and i've won a four person match with luigi so yeah.

and i saved the vid too. get my wii code and send me yours if you want it.  
Wi-Fi Connection

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff