Reply 51: Philosophy.
Right and Wrong

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr Sharpton

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:46 pm
I asked myself this question a few days ago. What is the difference between right and wrong? Then I began to dissect my question and begin searching for the answer. Help? I'm a bit lost.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:11 pm
Old, big, important question. There's some existing topics in this subforum that deal with your question you may want to look into and I think in the 11th subforum of reality there may be existing threads on the issue too. You may also take a look at the link in one of the stickies in this subforum and see if that place has anything about the various debates about it and propositions. You could also google the words "philosophy", "ethics", "right", "wrong", "good", "evil" if you want to expand further your frame of reference and not just trust "what somebody/some people on Gaia would tell me about it." However, with all that said if you were to ask what I personally have come to support since coming across it on this issue, then take a look here (the longest one) and here and here. These are all excerpts on a website of excerpts which you are of course free to look around beyond the sections I linked to and if you do look through there more you may find answers to more questions you might have from things included in the ones I linked to, but just know that looking at these excerpts all out of most of their context and order, particularly being an ethics system which is not very well known or widely accepted, you may at first think some things mentioned don't make sense or "can't be correct" given whatever else you may have heard of before, but if you come to this conclusion I'd recommend trying to read through them in a more coherent order, maybe going and asking questions about it in places specifically for that purpose like web forums about it, maybe even if you have a few brief questions posting them here and I'll try when I have the time to answer them, but more than anything else, the actual full works these excerpts are from could probably do the best job explaining themselves, and particularly I recommend starting with the works of fiction since they demonstrate in a story line a lot of the points in action and then the non-fiction stuff could be for later if there were more specific questions. There is one full work by the author available in the public domain right now so you could just look it up online (there's even a Gaia guild which contains the whole story, which isn't very long) if you wanted, but that particular one is probably the least informative.  

bluecherry
Vice Captain

Mal-0

Dangerous Lunatic

3,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:57 pm
Right and wrong is subjective.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:20 am

Care to back up that statement? 'Cuz you know, rules of the subforum is that "opinion dropping" isn't supported, either you provide support for your claims or your post will be deleted.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

51: Philosophy.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces