Welcome to Gaia! ::

History Huggers

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who do want to live in the past! 

Tags: history, historical 

Reply Main Forum
Cartoons effect on history

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jake Evermore
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:47 am
Do you think that cartoons had an effect on history?

Also do you like the new cartoons or the old?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:32 pm
somelike batman and superman had a cultral effect on soceity

i like both  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

shirofoxes
Captain

Business Gekko

3,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:06 pm
That's an interesting question, because if you watch the really old Looney Toons there is a lot of World War Two Content that's actually really violent. Many older cartoons were used almost more for media purposes than entertainment.

Of course, some other cartoons became icons of their genre, and affected history because of that.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:12 pm
that's true  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:15 pm
of curse what was ones thought to be good for kids to be entertained now is psychologically bad for them, why is this? does it mean that past generations turned bad because of this? these cartoons were shown in Mexico when i grew up there and I'm fine to all extents, but does this mean I'm more prone to violence because i watched this cartoons?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:24 pm
it has that effect on some but not all  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Jake Evermore
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:45 pm
If you look at the cartoons of yesterday and compare them to the ones to day it makes me sick. the animations are disgusting and they have no real point. one i specifically don't like is nickelodeon and if it was up to me i would block those channels.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:30 pm
tv is used 2 program us from an early age take seseame street 4 example they treat the trash guy like s**t cause he's poor  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:55 pm
i used to work in sesamy place (sesamy street's water park) and i completely agree with you they are tring to brain wash kids.

just like us. I .

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:14 pm
im often called a crackpot 4 this belief  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:47 pm
i do believe this, one example if anyone wants look at a show on Nick called Yo gaba gaba and watch a whole episode, if you can that will be probe enough.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:49 pm
never seen it  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Totrue-Tufaar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:10 am
Der Fuehrer's Face has Donald Duck as a Nazi working in a factory, and he suffers a nervous breakdown.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:49 pm
Well there are two books that can explain this kind of occurence in society, "the assault on reason" and "bad news", the latter of the two the better choice, now a days, people are controlled by the tv media, the newsprint media is withering and dying crying crying , therefore, i look at it this way, if we have been raised as an ignorant society that almost blindly follows what were told [it's true, it's happening even in the senate (the assualt of reason) barely any of the people that approved the patriot act read it, and the iraq war wasn't actually discussed, therefore we charged blindly into it) the free marketplace of ideas has died, so how can the government communicate ideas, if more people watch a show like american idol than the state of the union, they put in commercials, and go on daily news shows. Without that, we might not have even known about the war until a few months into it, maybe i'm underestimating the masses. But really when a show like "life of a soccer mom" appears you have to question what the hell these tv executives are feeding us. This is what our generation is being RAISED BY. But how many kids do you know that watch the news? so people hide secret political messages in cartoon, especially the older ones, only because people cared a little more back then. Especially a show like looney tunes, they have sooooo many episodes of more educated concepts, especially wwII. But even in cartoons meant for the older viewers like "the simpsons" (now-a-days a show like the simpsons is a kid show compared to others like "family guy" and "south park") where when homer simpson had to get across a lake and said "row versus wade, and it's my right to choose", yes it comical but really it seems liek matt groening and other writers seem to passing on a political opinion (unless of course they said the "...right to choose..." phrase just keep the joke going, a likey happening). I'm sure more adults are exposed to cartoons thanks to children then they are to CNN, ABC, NBC, etc. It's sad really, but cartoons, i would say almost....LEAD the masses.....it also portrays the important values in our society. much like art, if we look at old shows like "bewitched", "i dream of genie", and the "beverly hillbilles" (not cartoons, but still kid shows) they all portray an american family (importance of patriotism) while having an average anybody have luch thrust upon them (the hope of any american, that is how the lottery plays on the hopes of the people). If you look at most shows now, you'll see some beautiful young lady modeling, or something of the sort. only showing how vain our society has become....  

WeHappyFew

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:37 pm
really  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff