Reply The Fanime Con Guild
What is this TBA thing?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anjelier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:21 pm
I don't know what it is, but next to An Cafe's name on the Music Fest thingy it says 'TBA'. /is that To Be Announced? I don't know, and do you have to pay extra to see their concert? I'm new, and this would be my first year at a actual convention..... So, can you guys help me out with all of this stuff?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:33 pm
Also, do they sell like, JRock or Visual Kei posters of bands or such? Like buttons or CDs or anything to deal with An Cafe or The GazettE in example?

anjelier

Starlite7789

Browser

9,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:46 pm
O.O A Con Newbie! Welcome to the insanity; you'll love it XD

Unless things have been changed(and I doubt they have), Music Fest is free to anyone who has bought a convention pass for the weekend/day of Music Fest, so no extra costs. It is the same way with the Masquerade.

They do sell merchandise of the artists playing, such as cds, though I don't know about posters (the cds I am sure about because that is how I got my Swinging Popsicles cd in 2006).

The TBA I am fairly sure does stand for To Be Announced in this case.

Oh, and a couple of words of advice from a 4 year veteran, get to lines early (especially for Music Fest if you want a really good seat. When we went in 2006, if you got in the front, you were able to run up to the stage and mosh XD), respect all staff members, don't attempt to fall asleep in the viewing rooms, and always remember to ask before taking cosplay pictures and count to 3 before you take the picture so they are ready.

Hope this helps you out and that you enjoy Fanime! ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:21 pm
Thank you! I'll try to get to the area as soon as I get their autograph and wait.(I have a habit of showing up hours and such early for things)

anjelier

anjelier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:26 pm
Wait, what is 'mosh'?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:03 pm
I am not for certain, but I think you can only get autographs after the show (for a minute I was going to say not at all, but then I remembered that my friend's mom got the Swinging Popsicles to sign her cd (I had left early to get my cd and then decided to wander instead; stupid on my part))

And moshing is, in basic terms, a huge crowd of people knocking into one another and dancing, though the one at Music Fest is fairly tame. In Music Fest, it basically means you get to be right in front of the stage, the closest you can be without being on stage yourself XD

Glad to be of help and if you have anymore questions or anything you'd like to know regarding Fanime, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to answer.  

Starlite7789

Browser

9,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100

aureenc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:36 pm
Teru - Teru Miyavi
I don't know what it is, but next to An Cafe's name on the Music Fest thingy it says 'TBA'. /is that To Be Announced? I don't know, and do you have to pay extra to see their concert? I'm new, and this would be my first year at a actual convention..... So, can you guys help me out with all of this stuff?

All you really need to get in to the An Cafe concert is a badge. There will probably be a line, but you will be let in if you show your badge. If you registered with the ancafe promo code, more power to you is all I have to say.

Direct quote from MusicFest FAQ:
Fanime's MusicFest Department

Currently, we will let people into the events on a first-come-first-serve basis. However, if it seems that demand is too high, we will implement other methods - such as issuing (free) attendance tickets/passes, or letting people in based upon registration date, and whether the registration is for the weekend or just one day.

If demand is too high, we will post information about the methods we'll be using.

They will probably post the specific times and stuff as it gets closer to con. If it's not up by the time con has started, it will be announced on Stage Zero.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:56 am
Teru - Teru Miyavi
Wait, what is 'mosh'?
Moshing is when you jump around like crazy and bump into everyone you are around. Typically, everyone else will be moshing too so if you're in that area...Have fun! Be a bit careful though, sometimes people throw their arms, elbows, knees, and such out to hit people too.  

Tetrakin

The Fanime Con Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff