Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Homosexuals and Islam Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are gays ok?
  yes
  NEVER! THEY ARE EVIL!!
  i don't know
View Results

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:21 pm
What does Islam say about gay people? I know Christians from both ends of the spectrum, saying that they're people too and God loves them, and others quoting from a text that they no longer follow saying that homosexuals are the spawns of the devil.

....so what does Islam say?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:50 pm
Allah loves all humans. And the homosexual HUMANS is people lol

But a homosexual is retard pirate mrgreen dramallama cheese_whine 4laugh gonk  

Zaakii

spottystripes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:36 pm
Zaaki

its wrong in my point of view - allah (swt) has made up as man and women - not lesbians and gays - its not inhuman chemistry and its wrong totally - and so disgusting evil  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:22 pm
Ok... in these modern currupt times people say its ok to be gay... but to be honest its not, opposite sex are suppose to mate each other not the same sex! even monkeys know that a male should mate with a female!

Humans are suppose to be attracted to the opposite sex otherwise we cant really go on... if we was suppose to be all be gay then we would be extinct, which means being gay is wrong.

I dont have problems with anyone... be it gay or not, christian or muslim... but im just answering your question, which i must add was a good question biggrin

THIS ANSWER WAS INSPIRED BY BANGALI FUNGHA HE ALSO PLAYS GAIA ONLINE

Lily Da Bangali Rani

Zaakii

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:46 pm
spottystripes
Zaaki

its wrong in my point of view - allah (swt) has made up as man and women - not lesbians and gays - its not inhuman chemistry and its wrong totally - and so disgusting evil

Did i say it was right?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:26 pm
if it is so wrong for people to attracted to the same sex, then why does it exist?
If God created man and woman for each other only, why do homosexuals continue to exist?
why is homosexuality disgusting to you?  

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Lily Da Bangali Rani

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:16 pm
Because life is suppose to be a task with lots of distractions making it hard to follow the right path...

The people who follow the right path with out getting mixed up in the distractions are the ones who get the ticket to heaven...

Simple question with logical explaination... (think through your questions before you ask them cause im sure you ready know the asnwer)

THIS ANSWER WAS INSPIRED BY BANGALI FUNGHA HE ALSO PLAYS GAIA ONLINE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:43 pm
God made two kind/type of people here, man and woman.

but they say that to be gay and lesbian is such a great sin because we should accept what God had given to us and appreciate it.

some of my Ustadj or mualim, said that it is a great sin. but, if we observe our times today, gays and lesbians are already increasing. we just can't stop it and we can't deny the fact that there are people that it is natural to them their character as a gay or lesbian. i mean, some were born with those character and it's up to them if they will choose to be guy or gal,,,, sweatdrop ... i hope you guys get my point. sweatdrop  

-keisha rayana hanaquil-

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:22 am
-keisha rayana hanaquil-

but they say that to be gay and lesbian is such a great sin because we should accept what God had given to us and appreciate it.

some of my Ustadj or mualim, said that it is a great sin. but, if we observe our times today, gays and lesbians are already increasing. we just can't stop it and we can't deny the fact that there are people that it is natural to them their character as a gay or lesbian. i mean, some were born with those character and it's up to them if they will choose to be guy or gal,,,, sweatdrop ... i hope you guys get my point. sweatdrop

i don't understand why it is wrong then. If it is natural and occurs in nature (there are animals that do such things...) then wouldn't it be that the Lord is ok with gay people?
Are we saying that people are inherently evil then if someone is born and has the tendacy to be attracted to people of the same sex?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:11 pm
Ratri_Cat
-keisha rayana hanaquil-

i don't understand why it is wrong then. If it is natural and occurs in nature (there are animals that do such things...) then wouldn't it be that the Lord is ok with gay people?
Are we saying that people are inherently evil then if someone is born and has the tendacy to be attracted to people of the same sex?

Lol i must agree she confused me too rofl  

Lily Da Bangali Rani

Emperor of Mistekreuz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:26 am
Assalamu'alaikum.

The people of Sodom (Luth's/Lot's People) was exterminated due of their homosexuality behavior. This story was told in Torah, Bible, and Al-Qur'an. So I believe I don't have to explain about it.

I do feel poor though, since homosexuality caused by mental disorder.... But then again Allah created humans by pairs.... so there is another reason behind it.

Let me bring something....
According to researches, those who is homosexuals (or do an*l sex which is also forbidden in Islam), is completely fragile to these symptoms.

a. Dysentery
b. Impotent
c. An*s/Genital bleeding
d. Syphilis
e. Gonorrhea
f. Mental or Brain disfunction and disorder

Wassalam.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:11 pm
Emperor of Mistekreuz
Assalamu'alaikum.

The people of Sodom (Luth's/Lot's People) was exterminated due of their homosexuality behavior. This story was told in Torah, Bible, and Al-Qur'an. So I believe I don't have to explain about it.

Therein lies the problem. It's a matter of interpretation of the sacred scriptures. You could easily make quote either in support or against homosexuality. Indeed, I found arguments that the Sodom and Gomorrah cities were destroyed because of a refusal to be hospitable to the traveling angels, not because of homosexuality. Christians don't all the follow the Old Testament rules specified in Leviticus (another commonly cited source against gays) but they quote that Scripture like it justifies everything about homosexuals. Hypocrisy at its best in my opinion. And again, I think it's really a matter of translation. Heck, the Protestants can't agree with Catholics and other branches can't seem to make up their mind about the best was to translate the scriptures into English and we stem from the same belief! I do not understand!
But back to my translation issue. I know you guys don't have a priest or certain heirarchry like the Catholics do to tell them what is universally acceptable for all Catholics to translate the bible in a particular way. If everyone has their own version of what the Qu'ran should be talking about, then how does everyone come up with a general opinion that gays are wrong and evil?

Emperor of Mistekreuz
I do feel poor though, since homosexuality caused by mental disorder.... But then again Allah created humans by pairs.... so there is another reason behind it.

the american psychological association begs to disagree. There's scientific research that says that it isn't a mental disorder.
here's another question: why should sex only be for procreation?
...mmm...natural law theory...didn't realize Muslims were hardcore advocates of that too. interesting 3nodding

Emperor of Mistekreuz
Let me bring something....
According to researches, those who is homosexuals (or do an*l sex which is also forbidden in Islam), is completely fragile to these symptoms.

a. Dysentery
b. Impotent
c. An*s/Genital bleeding
d. Syphilis
e. Gonorrhea
f. Mental or Brain disfunction and disorder

All the above can happen in a heterosexual relationship too. It's not just limited to homosexuals. That's like claiming that AIDs is a gay virus. It affects everyone. Microbes don't care about sexual orientation when they infect you.
I do I'm not being rude to hope you, or to Islam in general. I'm just trying to figure out the logic/reasoning behind the rules of the faith....

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Emperor of Mistekreuz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:18 pm
Assalamu'alaika.
The Muslim should not doubt, even for an instant, that what Allah has prescribed is wise. He should know that there is great wisdom in what Allah has commanded and what He has forbidden; it is the straight path and is the only way in which man can be safe and at peace, protecting his honour, his mind and his health, in accordance with the natural disposition (fitrah) with which Allah has created man.

Some heretics have tried to attack Islam and its rulings; they have denounced divorce and plural marriage and permitted alcohol. Those who look at the state of their societies will see the state of misery which those societies have reached.

When they rejected divorce, murder took its place. When they rejected plural marriage, men started to take mistresses instead. When they allowed alcohol, all kinds of shameful and immoral actions became widespread.

They (gays and lesbians) both go against the natural disposition (fitrah) which Allah has created in mankind – and also in animals – whereby the male is inclined towards the female, and vice versa.
Whoever goes against that goes against the natural disposition of mankind, the fitrah.

The spread of homosexuality has caused man diseases which neither the east nor the west can deny exist because of them. Even if the only result of this perversion was AIDS – which attacks the immune system in humans – that would be enough.

It also causes the breakup of the family and leads people to give up their work and study because they are preoccupied with these perversions.

Since the prohibition has come from his Lord, the Muslim should not wait until medicine proves that harm befalls the one who does that which Allah has forbidden. Rather he must believe firmly that Allah only prescribes that which is good for people, and these modern discoveries should only increase his certainty and confidence in the greatness of Allah’s wisdom.

Ibn al-Qayyim said:

Both of them – fornication and homosexuality – involve immorality that goes against the wisdom of Allah’s creation and commandment. For homosexuality involves innumerable evil and harms, and the one to whom it is done would be better off being killed than having this done to him, because after that he will become so evil and so corrupt that there can be no hope of his being reformed, and all good is lost for him, and he will no longer feel any shame before Allah or before His creation. The semen of the one who did that to him will act as a poison on his body and soul. The scholars differed as to whether the one to whom it is done will ever enter Paradise. There are two opinions which I heard Shaykh al-Islam (may Allah have mercy on him) narrate.”

(al-Jawaab al-Kaafi, p. 115).

2. Lesbianism means one woman doing to another something like that which a man does to a woman. Homosexuality means having intercourse with males in the back passage. This was the action of the accursed people of the Prophet of Allah, Luth(peace be upon him). In shariah terminology it refers to inserting the tip of the p***s into the a**s of a male.

What is mentioned concerning these actions in the Qur’aan and Sunnah:

A – Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) Luth (Lot), when he said to his people: ‘Do you commit the worst sin such as none preceding you has committed in the ‘Aalameen (mankind and jinn)?

Verily, you practise your lusts on men instead of women. Nay, but you are a people transgressing beyond bounds (by committing great sins)’”

[al-A’raaf 7:80-81]

B – “Verily, We sent against them a violent storm of stones (which destroyed them all), except the family of Luth (Lot), them We saved in the last hour of the night”

[al-Qamar 54:34 – interpretation of the meaning]

C – “And (remember) Luth (Lot), when he said to his people: ‘Do you commit the worst sin such as none preceding you has committed in the ‘Aalameen (mankind and jinn)?”

[al-A’raaf 7:80 – interpretation of the meaning]

And Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) Luth (Lot), when he said to his people: ‘You commit Al Faahishah (sodomy the worst sin) which none has preceded you in (committing) it in the ‘Aalameen (mankind and jinn)’”

[al-‘Ankaboot 29:28]

D – “And (remember) Luth (Lot), We gave him Hukm (right judgment of the affairs and Prophethood) and (religious) knowledge, and We saved him from the town (folk) who practiced Al Khabaa’ith (evil, wicked and filthy deeds). Verily, they were a people given to evil, and were Faasiqoon (rebellious, disobedient to Allah)”

[al-Anbiya’ 21:74 – interpretation of the meaning]

E – “And (remember) Luth (Lot)! When he said to his people, ‘Do you commit Al Faahishah (evil, great sin, every kind of unlawful sexual intercourse, sodomy) while you see (one another doing evil without any screen)

Do you practice your lusts on men instead of women? Nay, but you are a people who behave senselessly.’

There was no other answer given by his people except that they said: ‘Drive out the family of Luth (Lot) from your city. Verily, these are men who want to be clean and pure!’

So We saved him and his family, except his wife. We destined her to be of those who remained behind.

And We rained down on them a rain (of stones). So evil was the rain of those who were warned”

[al-Naml 27:54-58 – interpretation of the meaning]

These verses refer to the punishment that befell the people of Luth. With regard to the rulings on them:

F – Allah says (interpretation of the meaning]:

“And the two persons (man and woman) among you who commit illegal sexual intercourse, hurt them both. And if they repent (promise Allah that they will never repeat, i.e. commit illegal sexual intercourse and other similar sins) and do righteous good deeds, leave them alone. Surely, Allah is Ever All-Forgiving (the One Who forgives and accepts repentance), (and He is) Most Merciful”

[al-Nisa’ 4:16]

Ibn Katheer said:

“The words of Allah ‘And the two persons (man and woman) among you who commit illegal sexual intercourse, hurt them both’ mean, those who commit immoral actions, punish them both. Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with him), Sa’eed ibn Jubayr and others said: By condemning them, shaming them and hitting them with shoes. This was the ruling until Allah abrogated it and replaced it with whipping and stoning. ‘Ikrimah, ‘Ata, al-Hasan and ‘Abd-Allah ibn Katheer said: This was revealed concerning a man and woman who commit fornication. Al-Saddi said, it was revealed concerning young people before they get married. Mujaahid said: it was revealed concerning two men if they admit it bluntly; a hint is not sufficient – as if he was referring to homosexuality. And Allah knows best.”

(Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 1/463).

G – It was narrated that Jaabir (may Allah be pleased with him): “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: ‘There is nothing I fear for my ummah more than the deed of the people of Luth.’”

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1457; Ibn Maajah, 2563. This hadith was classed as shahih (true) by Shaykh al-Albaani (may Allah have mercy on him) in Shahih al-Jaami’, no. 1552).

H – It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “… cursed is the one who has intercourse with an animal, cursed is the one who does the action of the people of Luth.”

(Narrated by Ahmad, 1878. This hadits was classed as shahih (true) by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 5891).

I – It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: ‘Whoever you find doing the deed of the people of Luth, kill the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.”

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1456; Abu Dawood, 4462; Ibn Maajah, 2561. This hadith was classed as shahih (true) by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 6589).

Wallahualam bissawah.

Resource  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas