Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:46 am
AIM RP log
Kimaria x Felyn
Ainra x Shisi

The time had dragged. Yes it had only been a day since Ainra had met with her sister and found hrself involved in all sorts of exciting things, but it had seemed a long time since their chat. She was in a way eager to get going though she was nervous too. What if there were bad things outside of the lands? What if they got seperated. No, she'd stick to her sis like glue. No one could ever part them.

But also, she thought of Tiruan. She had said goodbye to him and it had left her feeling sad. Possibly sadder than leaving behind home. In fact, even though they had only spoken a few times she had felt closer to him than maybe her own mother. She had started, in fact, to feel a sort of parent relationship with Tiruan and she liekd to imagine that her father was like him. He was a bit grumpy but he was a strong proud male. She would be proud to call him father.

She was too embarrassed to admit this to him though, so she had just said goodbye in her shy little way and left. Besides, she wasn't sure how her sis would react at hearing she had adopted a father.

Ainra approached the meeting place with quick, hurried steps. In her mouth was a duck, a small but plump bird. It dangled limply from her jaws, a proud trophy of her success.

As always, Shisi was promptly on time. In fact, it was likely that she'd been there early just to survey everything and make sure everything was going according to plan. At her feet rested a fat hare, a large one that would offer good meat for the two of them until they could hunt again.

Unsurprisingly, she looked very pleased with herself, although upon close inspection it was probably hard to tell exactly why this was. It would have taken a psychic to tell, because her lips were sealed despite how happy she seemed. She knew, deep down, that everything was going according to plan and that made her extremely, extremely happy.

At the sound of footfalls, she let her eyes shift to the direction she heard them. It didn't take long for her sister to come into view, and her smile settled into a warmer one. She still needed to tell her sister that they weren't traveling alone - but there was a little time before she had to jump right to that. "Good job," she said with a nod towards the bird. That was a good deal more meat than she had planned on Ainra getting.

"Sis!" She peeped as she dropped the duck next to the hare. "I'm here, I'm on time aren't I?" She smiled, her eyes bright and sparkling. She loved her sister too much to see beyond the smile. It would never ever occur to her that her sister did anything in her day that was different from her own schedule.

"Are we all set?" She bounced on her paws like an eager cub ready to go. She may have been an adolescent but she certainly didn't act like one.

"I said goodbye to my friend so I'm all ready to go." She continued in high-spirits. "I do hope mother won't be too sad."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:33 am
Shisi smiled affectionately at her sister's enthusiasm, eyes settling upon her in silence for a few moments. It was hard to think that they were so different when they looked so alike. Shisi, with a brilliant mind and a dangerous wit, and Ainra with her child-like innocence. It was strange that they still were so close, pushing forward with he same purpose. It made her smile, but wonder all at once.

"Yes, you're on time," she said with a smile as she pushed herself up onto her paws. Shifting her eyes around the area, she turned to look back at her sister. "There's going to be someone else joining us once we get to the border. A nice leopardess."

She listened to her sisters concerns, thinking, for a moment, then she simply let her smile come back to her features. "I'm sure she would be proud of us for doing what we're doing, Ainra, don't you?"

Who knew. Maybe this adventure would allow Ainra to grow up, to mature. Maybe it would open up her eyes to the harsh reality of living. Or maybe it would just fuel the childlike personality. Only time would tell. Either way she was as oblivious to the sisters' differences and to her everything was perfect.

Besides, sometimes it was good to have a companion so different in many ways. They balanced each other nicely.

"Leh-pud-ess?" She blinked, tried the word out on her tongue. Then she looked to her sister with pleading eyes. "What is a leh-pud-ess, Shisi?"

She nodded at her sister's other words, now distracted by the thoughts of a leopardess. It seemed her mind couldn't stay put. First Tiruan, then mother and now leopards! She could only focus on one thing at a time.

"Is it a prey beast, Sis?"

Shisi watched her sister with a slightly quirked brow. She had never, honestly, heard of a leopardess? Well, that wasn't really surprising given all the things that she knew Ainra had never heard of. Her sister was one-of-kind, that was for sure.

"A leopardess is similar to a lioness, but a little different." She said, in the most simple explination she could find. Trying to explain to her that there were many other species like their own would probably only confuse her more. "Leopards are smaller and they climb trees."

She sat down again, slowly, watching her sister with more patience than she would have had for anyone else of a similar nature. Sometimes she couldn't believe the lengths she let Ainra go to - although, she was coming to realize that she was soon going to have to toughen up Ainra and broaden her horizons if she was going to be of much help. She couldn't perform miracles, true, but she could manipulate anything to an extent.

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:43 am
Ainra nodded. Other big cats, then. She supposed it only made sense. There were so many different types of bird and insect that it was only fair that there were different types of cats. She was suddenly excited to meet this new cat, to see what she was like. They'd not even left the lands and already she was learning new things.

She gave her sister a look of respect and awe. "You know so much Sis!" She squeaked. "I can't wait to meet her! I wonder why they would want to climb trees though, it sounds awfully dangerous, don't you think?" She giggled and stomped the ground beneath her paw. "Cats were made for land." Then flicking her ears she turned her head from side to side. "Is she waiting already? We should get going!" She moved to dash off, suddenly realising she'd left her duck behind. So, as quickly as she went she turned around on herself and darted back to her kill, looking sheepish.

"Oops. Can't forget the ducky."

Shisi laughed at her sister's compliments, nodding her head slowly. It was times like these, talking with Ainra, that let her forget her purpose and the call of justice that forever pushed her forward. It made things a little more peaceful even though she always knew, in the back of her mind, that she needed to get on with what she was doing.

"I just meet a lot of different creatures," she said with a small shrug, trying for her sister to appear humble. "Although, I think they climb trees because it's easier to escape more dangerous predators - that and they hunt some tree dwelling animals." She didn't honestly think it was a very dangerous life, not with the skill of climbing that they were born with, but Ainra wouldn't know that and there was no need to call attention to the fact.

"You are very impatient," she said with a quirk of her brow, although her smile made it seem only a tease. She pushed herself up to her paws, tail flickering behind her as she studied the area again. "I think we could leave now, if you wished, although I don't know if she'll be waiting for us when we get there. It's still a little earlier than I told her to be there."

"Well maybe if that's the case we should learn too." Ainra giggled, imagining herself sitting up in the boughs of a tree, a bird's nest in her hair.

"If we get there and she isn't we can play a game to pass the time." She blinked. "Will the new cat be bringing her own food or do we have to share? If she's smaller she won't eat as much, right?" She pawed at her duck. She wasn't being selfish, she just suddenly realised that a hare and a duck might not be enough for three rumbling tummies.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:04 am
Shisi shook her head at her sister's notion, finding more and more that Ainra truly was an innocent child at heart. "I don't think we'd be very good at it. We're not built for climbing - we'd probably be very clumsy." Although the thought of trying was certainly an musing one, she wasn't one to try something she knew was impossible. She wouldn't set herself, or Ainra, up for failure.

"Alright, if she isn't there, we'll play a game until she arrives." Shisi didn't truly want to play a game though, so she hoped for her sake that the female was there when they arrived. Maybe she could distract Ainra along the way to buy a little time.

She shifted her hare, about to pick it up, when Ainra asked yet another question. "She can hunt for herself. She travels a lot, so she knows the lands outside better than we do. These are only for us - I'm sure she can find herself something later if she doesn't bring any along." She nodded then, and picked up her hare, starting to trot off. She paused, waiting for her sister, and threw a glance over her shoulder.

She nodded thoughtfully. Come to think of it she wasn't very graceful. Climbing up trees probably took a lot of strength and a lot of maneuvering. She tripped and staggered all over the place. Though, thinking on it, Ainra wouldn't say she wouldn't try. To fail once was better to not try at all, or that was her opinion in any case.

"Whee! Okay!" And the moment Shisi agreed Ainra began to think of all the games she knew. Chase, hide and seek, cloud watching, oh the ideas were endless!

She snapped from her trance and nodded, catching most of the words coming from her sister's mouth. "It'll be good to have her along then. We won't get lost if she's with us!" She felt safer already in that knowledge. "Ee, wait for me!" She scooped the duck up in her jaws and trotted at highspeed to catch up with Shisi.

Shisi waited patiently as her sister caught up, though her mind was already beginning to slip back into it's usual state. She was thinking over the things she would do, the places they would go, and the good that they would bring to the corrupt world. She knew, deep down, that they would do this and do it well.

She had gotten two companions, one of whom was capable of helping her make decisions, thoug Ainra would prove her worth eventually. She had also taken care of the little issue she had long ago decided need to come - and chosen her own body as the vessel for it.

Turning to look at her sister, she offered her the most pleasant smile she could around the hare. Outwardly, she seemed calm and content, inwardly she was waiting for tomorrow.

/Fin  

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

[IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas