Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Gaba Kawa

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gaba Kawa
  Cute Persistant
View Results

PerfectStranger_2-0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:52 pm
User Image
1: Story
2: Creator
3: Volumes

Quote:
Since I saw this story featured in the 2008 calendar, I totally fell in love with the art. Then, when I read the first chapter in this issue of Shojo Beat, I became addicted to the series.
What's not to love about Gaba Kawa?
The mangaka is Rie Takada, and she has always been known for her adorable chibi characters and good looking leading men.
The story, although short, is great.
Rara is so damn persistent, and that's what's makes her so cute.
Retsu Aku screams HOT heart heart heart heart heart
Anyway, what do you think of Gaba Kawa?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:38 pm
Story

Demons like Rara are supposed to cause mischief in the mortal world and draw humans to darkness. They're not supposed to help mortals and they're definitely not supposed to fall in love with them! But that's just what happens when Rara enters high school, where a hot guy named Retsu Aku calls her "Gaba Kawa"!

Original Post
I haven't read it yet. I probably will tonight in the April issue. Will edit post with opinion. ^^

[EDIT]
loved it! I can tell it's gonna get really good.

Noir-Harmonia

Fuyu Maiden

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:58 pm
Creator

Rie Takada was born August 10th in Hokkaido and her blood type is O. Takada made her manga debut with SP Girl in 1990. Punch! first appeared in Japan's Shojo Comic magazine in May 2005, and Takada continues to publish her new work in Shojo Comic. Her other series include Happy Hustle High—available from VIZ Media—and Wild Act.

Original Post
I've read two chapters so far and it's really set itself up to be a cute small story (I think it either has five or six chapters). I'm really enjoying it. I'm glad they added it in because aside from that and Sand Chronicles pretty much all the manga I've either read already or dislike. But Gaba Kawa is really cute.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:41 pm
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 1 volume
Status in US :: 1/1 released

User Image

While demons gain power by causing mischief, the opposite is also true--if Rara uses any of her powers to help mortals, she'll immediately lose that very power. If she loses enough power, she'll disappear! Poor Rara. What's a "Gaba Kawa" demon to do?

Quote:
I really like it, it is chibi and funny! And to Fuyu Maiden, I like Sand Chronicles too!

Pandaccino

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:06 am
its OK rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:15 pm
I love Gaba Kawa.
It was a bit odd,
but it's so cute!!

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

lady_ruler_of_the_zombies

Aekea Cleric

6,575 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:51 pm
I love Gaba Kawa! It's so darling I can't not read it!  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:00 pm
I realize why I like it now.

It's by Rie Takada, who also drew Punch! and Happy Hustle High,

and I aboslutely LOVE H3....

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

BlackCandy705

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:25 pm
((Urm...spoiler alert? At the bottom..))

*squeals* I LOVE GABA KAWA!!!
I love all of the facial expressions Rie Takada does. They're hilarious!! I love it. And she does draw really pretty.
The story line itself was just cute.
As for the guys, I do agree that Retsu is hotter than hell, but to be honest, I would sooo go for his friend Kayato. He's hilarious AND cute!! He's just great!!
I actually didn't Mind Bibi as much as (I would guess) I was supposed to. Yeah she was pretty mush a brat and I'm sure some people would have wanted to choke her (I did at times too), but in the end, she didn't seem all bad. It was kinda funny how she was just like, "Well, I'm never doing that again."

And OMG, it was FREAKING HILARIOUS when Retsu meets her at the hospital and he says, "I'm your boyfriend." and she just stares at him, then says, "I'll kill you." LOLOLOLOLOL That was SOO FUNNY!! LOLOL.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:22 pm
the expressions are hilarios!  

Pandaccino

I Am Hello Kitty -tu_ut-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:20 pm
Oh I love her art!! The girls are sooo kawaii and the guys she draws are sooo hott, especially in H3!

CUTE manga!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:00 am
I love Gaba Kawa! The series is pretty short. Anyway I loved the ending!  

My Life Light

Mizuko_Arashimoto

Elysian Sex Symbol

15,925 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:15 am
I liked it, but the last chapter was a little too cliche. I was hoping it would end differently. And what happened to Retsu's friend Kayato? =/  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:23 pm
All the guys illustrated by Rie Takada are so cute!
This story though, wasn't one of my favorites.  

babyteiz

.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games