Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:28 am
User Image

Taka padded into the territory, she was finally home from her own drum quest. She'd gotten lost, but had found her way back and was sure glad to be back on the familiar soils of the Nchi'Mahadhi lands.

"Mom, Mawi?" Taka called as she padded deeper and deeper into her lands, pace as quick as she could make it without collapsing. Next thing she needed to learn from Isithunzi: Hunting. Taka was insanely hungry but could only truly scavenge at this point. Every now and then catch a rodent, but nothing substantial like an antelope.

She continued to stagger closer and closer, her destination the lake, which wasn't far off now. She dropped off her drum by a nearby tree, (she knew it was safe in these lands, nobody would take her drum when they were all perfectly capable of making her own,) and ran into the cool water, jumping in it and promptly becoming covered in water, and a little bit of mud. She padded out and started to lap at the cool water.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:44 am
User Image

Mawi Mai just missed her sister when she came home. She was proud of herself finishing the quest. She was one of the first, maybe the first, in this generation to finish the quest.

Unlike her sister she had a bit of a grasp on hunting. She was practicing more and more while her sister was gone. She missed her sister so much. They really were not apart much, she was so lost with out her.

She flopped her tail around something felt different today. She was laying out on a rock a rabbit between her front two feet, when she first got it she was starving, now not so much, she felt like she needed to run but at the same time she was tired. Something was up.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:08 pm
As Taka waded out of the water, a most... delicious scent drifted to her nose. Food, meat, she didn't care about much more right now! She hastily slung the drum's hoop over her head and ran towards the source of the scent. The closer she got, the more she realized that there was a second, very familiar scent mingled in. However, her hunger stopped her from analyzing what it was- all her brain cared about was the scent of meat.

As soon as the golden lioness got close enough, she dropped off her drum again and leapt through the "wall" of tall-ish grass that was between her and the scent. Taka landed at the base of the rock and looked up to see, first and foremost, a dead rabbit. Her stomach gave an immediate pang at the sight before she realized that it was nestled between two tan paws. She turned her pink gaze up from the rabbit into her sister's face.

"Mawi!! You got back before I did!" Taka exclaimed, overjoyed to be with a family member again. She popped her two front paws up onto the rock and gave her sister an affectionate nuzzle before pulling back, tail flicking happily.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:55 pm
Mawi was hoping to spark her hunger again by smelling the rabbit. She pushed her nose against and took a deep breath in, closing her eyes and breathing in the rabbits scent. She then noticed some one talking.

So she looked up. There stood her sister. "TAKA!" She purred happy nuzzling her back. "I'm sooo happy to see you again, yep I got back not that long ago, when you left I was coming home." She nodded with a smile.

"You look hungry. Here I'm not." She smiled and nudged the rabit foreword for her sister and moving over on the rock making room for her.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:08 pm
Taka hopped up on the rock as soon as room was made for her and began ripping into the rabbit. She was always a bit of a mess, that was typical for Taka, but this was something else, she almost never ate so ravenously. The thing was devoured shortly with naught but bones and skin left... Skin that could be used for a drum? She'd let Mawi take it to their mother, should she choose to.

"Thanks so much, Mawi," Taka said sitting back. "I'm sure you noticed, then, that my trip was a little too long, I hope mom wasn't worried. I got a little lost, but I made it back! I haven't eaten since I turned around, I'm starving. Next thing to learn: How to hunt." Taka chuckled, much more comfortable with the food in her stomach. "I missed you, Mawi." Taka purred as she rolled onto her back with her head between her sister's paws with a grin. Family was happiness.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:16 pm
Mawi chuckled. "She was worryed at first but then I think I rember her saying somthing like she was getting to old now she's been out a lot looking for guys to flirt with." She giggled and licked her sisters nose. "I missed you to Taka, I'm glad your back." She did miss her sister. Unlike some siblings who hated each other she loved her sister. She always wondered what it would be like if thier other sister lived with them but they would probally never know.  

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:32 pm
"Oh, has she really? Sounds typical." Taka said with a wry grin. While their mother had been very responsible with them holding off on flirting through their cubhood, it was obvious that she kind of had an urge. "Must be 'cause we're getting old," Taka said melodramatically, as if she was entering her midlife crisis, but couldn't help but laugh after she'd said it.

"So..." she said after her laughter subsided, "... who're you going to apprentice under?" She had a feeling she knew the answer, but wanted to make sure.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:42 pm
Mawi giggled her and her sister were a perfect match anyother would freak at that, they thought it was funny... So? She streched out a bit, she thought her sister knew her a little better to even ask. "I'm going under ma." She nodded. "I thought you would know that." She laughed and pawed at her sisters chin, then moved forward nipping at her ear.

"Hear from the boys?" She asked, she really just got home and was spending alot of time sleeping but other than that she really didn't see them around.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:54 pm
Taka chuckled. "I had a feeling you were gonna go under mom, but I didn't know for sure, just checking!" Taka said playfully, closing one eye as Mawi pawed at her.

"I haven't heard anything from any of our boys, but you know what?" Taka said rolling over and perking up, though she was still laying down. "I ran into two on my quest! One of them was a god!" Taka said excitedly. "He was thunder, sooo cool. I remembered where he lived so I could go visit, but all he had to do was think and there would be a boom as loud as the drum circle with everyone pounding on a drum, his songs were so cool just because of that." Taka said excitedly. "I should take you to meet him someday, but not for a while, I'm just glad to be home." She said happily, putting her head back on the rock contentedly. It was part of her pride's lands, part of her home, and she appreciated the comfort.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:04 pm
Mawi blinked. "Really! Thats awesome!" She giggled and leaned on her sister a bit. "I can't wait to get everyone togeather again." She nudged her sister. "If your feeling better we should start heading toward the den." She smiled and nodded pushing herself up into a sitting postion and waiting for her sister to do the same, if she was up to it. She looked around slightly alert before calming down and smiling at her sister.  

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:37 pm
"Yeah, we ought to," Taka said, pulling herself to her feet and nodding to her sister. She wanted to see mom, too, but was really happy seeing her sister. To Taka, Mawi might as well be her other half, she felt really close to the tan-and-red lioness. Taka got up, quickly padded over to where she'd left her drum, and returned with a smile. She padded in the direction of the den with her sister.

"So, anything exciting happen to you on your drum quest?" Taka asked, making conversation.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:11 am
Mawi grinned at her sister for a moment, falling back slightly and bumping her. "Ahh. Not much. Nothing exciting happened. I chased a baboon, that was about it." She laughed. She had a feeling her sister got herself into some kind of trouble. She giggled a bit at the thought. She reached over and pulled at her sister's ear. "What about you?"  

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:24 pm
Taka smiled sheepishly- she couldn't have honestly expected to have asked that question without one in return. She found her little adventure... quite a bit embarrassing. How could you get lost on your drum quest!? She'd just had to go pushing it and going farther out than she knew she should have... Ah well, her family'd find out eventually.

"I... kinda got lost. I went quite a way to the southeast, not the right way, but it happens. I decided to go farther than I knew I should have, then I got all mixed up overnight as to which way the pride was, so I... actually headed the wrong way," Taka said with a sheepish grin. "But I got it figured out and got back here. I added a bit in my rhythm that reflects that confusion, I just make up something completely random and add it in at that spot!" She said with a giggle, proud that she'd come up with such an idea. Taka had thought it an awesome way to help her rhythm along.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:06 am
Mawi sat back and couldn't help but to giggle at her sister. She bumped her again and grinned. "Thats pretty interesting." She smiled and looked down at the drum hanging around her neck and her shakers. "Mine its like a hunt but a hunt of a snake. The snake wins." She laughed and looked up for a moment, they were getting closer. "Did you meet anyone to add to our group!?" She flicked her tail back excitedly. She was really happpy to have people join their little group. Most of the boys got along so far.

She looked up and she could see diffrent lions moving around. She was glad to see diffrent members she knew alot of them by their name, some she really didn't encounter but she was sure she knew their names.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:41 pm
"That sounds really cool, we'll have to practice our songs together someday soon!" Taka said excitedly with a smile. A hunt and a lost juve, they were an interesting pair, Mawi and Taka.

"Well, no, not really. I mean, I didn't bring anyone back with me, I ran into those two guys I told you about, but neither would come back to live here, at least not at that point in their lives. The god - Raiden was his name - might come visit when he's older, though! He'd be amazing at a big song at the circle..." Taka said almost dreamily. She remembered how he drummed without a drum, and the sound was far more resonant than anything she could have produced on her own drum.

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff