Welcome to Gaia! ::

History Huggers

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who do want to live in the past! 

Tags: history, historical 

Reply Contests
Gnomeguy's History Quiz - Open

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alonso Quijana

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:10 am
Gnomeguy's History Quiz

The Rules and General Information

*Please Read*

The Idea: I thought that this would be a nice way to learn some little tidbits of history while getting some gold to do it.

The Rules: I will post a history related question every Friday. You have until the following Thursday to answer the question. The first correct answer gets the prize. You may also post more than one answer per question.

Courtesy: Out of courtesy, please wait to post your second answer until someone else has taken a guess. Also, if you win a question, please don't try for the next one. I don't want to have one person answering them all.

Prizes: Every prize will be 100 gold until I have more to spare (I'm questing right now, so I'm a bit strapped for cash).

Challenging: You can challenge my answer if you feel it is incorrect. However, I am researching these, so I think I will be fine. If, after you challenge the question, I decide that you are correct, I will award you 100 gold for your answer. *BUT* I will not require the previous winner to return their gold.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:11 am
The Question

Week 1: Who am I? - I am a famous female temperance reformer who was active during the late 1800s in the U.S. My first husband died of alcoholism. I was arguably the most violent reformer of this time; using a hatchet I destroyed many saloons and bars.

Citation: Kennedy, David M., Lizabeth Cohen, and Thomas A. Bailey. The American Pageant. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, 2006.

Alonso Quijana

Alonso Quijana

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:12 am
Past Winners

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:14 am
Past Questions

Alonso Quijana

Alonso Quijana

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:35 am
Reserved

Sorry I haven't been around. I've been busy at school. It's the end of the year crunch and my teachers feel the need to assign new projects.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:50 am
mother jones right  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Alonso Quijana

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:21 am
Jariah Syn
mother jones right

No, sorry. Mother Jones was a labor reformer, not temperance.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:49 pm
Carry Amelia Moore Nation  

tokikuri

Contests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas