Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
What Games do you guys play? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:05 pm
Since we're making the guild over and all, I was curious what games you all play.

I know that most of us already play pokemon/brawl, so that's a given. However - for whatever other games you all play, I'll make a subforum for it.

So far I'm thinking one for:

Other Nintendo Games (mario kart/advance wars/whatever else has wifi)
Xbox Live
PC Gaming
Card Games? (Yu gi oh and MTG?)
MMORPGS?!
Off Line game discussion?!

Let's get some ideas going.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:34 pm
Other than Pokemon and Brawl I play Guitar Hero 3, MKDS, Yu-Gi-Oh, Mario Hoops 3 on 3, StarFox, Metroid Prime Hunters, and a lot more that I can't think of  

PhoenixBlade983

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:03 pm
Playstation Network? Just to have it well rounded.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:06 pm
True, though the PS3 sucks majorly.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:09 pm
nitnit
True, though the PS3 sucks majorly.

Not true, as PS3 is now leading in America due to a jump in games and features, according to the magazines I read.

Anyway, I play Mario strikers charged, halo 3, gears of war, call of duty 4, resistance fall of man, Yu-gi-oh WC 08, Unreal Tournament 3, Metroid Prime Hunters, just to name a few.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:13 pm
Uh.

http://nexgenwars.com/

Wii has 20 mil sold
360 has 17 mil sold
PS3 has 8 mil sold.

Both wii and 360 have more than double the consoles sold. Also, sony is losing money from every PS3 sold at this point - they're banking on their very small game library.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:18 pm
According to the link there: "Where do the numbers come from" The info is based off of trends, old sales, etc. Its not as up to date a gaming magazines who live for this crap. PS3 is really catching up.

PS3 is really making a comeback with new game titles, new features, new online services, etc. Have you even played PS3 more than once? Its just as good if not better than 360, and closing in on the Wii.

But anyway, staying on topic, you should add all of the networks to attract more gamers.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:19 pm
http://vgchartz.com/ says 11 mil

but the ps3 is actually selling more now (monthly) than the 360 (just a couple thousand I think).  

Pay Per Cuts

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:27 pm
Deathguiser
According to the link there: "Where do the numbers come from" The info is based off of trends, old sales, etc. Its not as up to date a gaming magazines who live for this crap. PS3 is really catching up.

PS3 is really making a comeback with new game titles, new features, new online services, etc. Have you even played PS3 more than once? Its just as good if not better than 360, and closing in on the Wii.

But anyway, staying on topic, you should add all of the networks to attract more gamers.

That actually makes no sense since a website is actually live, and a magazine is a few months behind due to having to be written/printed/sent out. That's why they have their September issue finished in July for example.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:47 pm
Apart from the givens, I am a bit of an RPG nut. Note that this isn't to be confused with a JRPG nut.

I'm currently playing TES3: Morrowind, Etrian Odyssey, Star Fox: Command, and several Virtual Console games. I'd guess my favorite nintendo franchises would be, apart from the obvious, Kirby, The Legend of Zelda, and Star Fox.

I've played competitive level Magic the Gathering, standard format, but dropped out and have since experimented with Duel Monsters. It's pretty much the same, but there are definetly some balance issues and the cost difference is actually in Yu-Gi-Oh's favor.

...I also know a little of the ways of the dungeon master and practice Kendo and Muay Thai, for those who care to know....  

Tyhoon

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:57 pm
Don't make me bust out my epic level paladin turned blackguard. Too bad I never had enough friends who played DnD IRL =(  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:00 pm
nitnit
Don't make me bust out my epic level paladin turned blackguard. Too bad I never had enough friends who played DnD IRL =(
Oh shi-!

What level were you when you turned? And what tragic event caused you to question your diety?

...or did you cheap out and use a helm of alignment shifting?

My group disbanded after a RL fight about something that happened in-game. It's always the thief and the cleric, but it's not quite what you think...  

Tyhoon

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:04 pm
Level 20 for maximum blackguard powers.

Except, that's just a character I made up when I was really bored. I read all the books and stuff, but I never got into an IRL group.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:10 pm
nitnit
Deathguiser

That actually makes no sense since a website is actually live, and a magazine is a few months behind due to having to be written/printed/sent out. That's why they have their September issue finished in July for example.

Magazines generally get factual numbers from company representives. The numbers from thgat website is based off of trends and such. And other websites have differing information as shown by PPc's post. I would go with the magazine.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:12 pm
Then what exact numbers did they give saying that the PS3 has sold more consoles than either the Wii or 360?

Maybe it happened for like 1 month, but it's pretty much a fact that the Wii has sold the most consoles.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff