Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
Wolf > All other characters Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:30 pm
Discuss how awesome wolf is. The only characters I can think of easily countering him is possibly Fox or maybe Pit.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:48 pm
While I'm not denying the fact that Wolf is a monster, being fast, rediculously strong, and awesome versatility and range, let me make a counter arguement.

Wolf is king of flat levels, I'm sure no-one will question this. However, should the unthinkable happen and Wolf ends up being knocked off a level, his weight becomes an issue as it takes great skill to recover with him in time. Should a character give chase and do it effectively, Wolf stands little chance of getting back.

Any fast character that can chase well has a way of stopping Wolf. Wario and DeDeDe can hold their own against him as well, provided the Wolf player doesn't simply overwhelm them with speedy attacks and blaster spamming.

Pretty much everyone else fights Wolf with a handicap stacked against them.  

Tyhoon

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:45 pm
I agree. Landmaster pwns. Just fly up to the top when people go on it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:40 am
I retract saying that fox can counter him - but I believe that pit can. Pit is speedier, has amazing recovery, and the ability to block/return all of wolf's attacks. A very skilled pit player could also manipulate their arrows to enter wolf's reflector from the top where it is open (or bottom if in the air)  

nitnit
Captain

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:53 am
nitnit
I retract saying that fox can counter him - but I believe that pit can. Pit is speedier, has amazing recovery, and the ability to block/return all of wolf's attacks. A very skilled pit player could also manipulate their arrows to enter wolf's reflector from the top where it is open (or bottom if in the air)
Pit owns. Short hop f-air ftw. Best finishing move ever. Arrow spamming is awesome, too. That shield helps a whole ton, as well.

Toon Link might be able to beat Wolf in the hands of a skilled player, by blocking blasters with his shield and returning fire with arrows, boomerang, or bomb, or going all-out and attempting to slam Wolf in the head with a down-thrust. Toon Link's speed is a match for Wolf's, as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:28 pm
You seem to forget that wolf can simply reflect arrows/bombs/boomerang. Now that power shield reflecting has been removed, reflection moves are even more important.  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:07 pm
Wolf's weight makes him incredibly hard to chase. And he has a much higher hitbox and power than most characters, even in the air.

Wolf is monster, probably top teir and best in game.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:45 pm
User Image

"PK Thunder!"
"PK Fire!"
"PK Freeze!"

----------------------------------

While I agree Wolf is pretty good, I don't really find him to be much better than most of the other characters. He is easy to counter with most characters, as far as my experience goes. He isn't that powerful.

Pit, in my opinion, isn't as great as everyone makes him out to be. Yes he attacks quickly, and has great recovery, but he is easily hit during it. He also lacks strength (both damage and knock back wise) and diversity. It's pretty easy to predict what someone is going to use when they play as Pit.

Toon Link isn't that great either. His projectiles are easily avoided, and even if you get hit you aren't going to take to much damage. The only time I've ever had trouble fighting Toon Link was in the Sub-Space Emissary, other than that he's a joke.

----------------------------------

"PK Starstorm!"

User Image

Captain S McBobble

iSephi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:39 pm
Wolf: Offense:8 Defense:8 Projectile:7 Final Smash:9 Throwing Ability 5 Speed:6 Overall:8

Wolf, While being a High middleweight, lacks Pure strength, his ability to hit with his specials more than makes up for physical weakness.

Now to MY explaination. Is using a guide ^

Wolf, is AMAZINGLY overpowered and relatively fast for a high middle weight. his Dair spike can take many skilled jiggly/kirby players right out of the air, and can finish off EVERY heavyweight with one shot (be they recoverin) his reflector has deceptive range, and his blaster and wolf flash are nothing to sneeze at.

Overall, i'd have to give wolf a nine, given he needs the right hands to play well.

OBVIOUS COUNTERS :
Toon Link, Speed, what else can i say?
Jigglypuff, Try reflecting the wall of pain D:<
Pit,Falco,Fox,Wolf Reflecting wars FTW
Snake, Drop a missile on the top of his reflector with the shield button, albeit a slow tactic.

Less obvious counters
Pretty much anyone with speed and no projectiles, they could at LEAST put up a fight.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:13 pm
I've decided that a well played Pit can counter wolf well.  

nitnit
Captain

iSephi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:32 pm
cool. a well played jiggly player can counter with uair and bair attacks too
:[ dont forget the puff man.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:50 pm
If wolf is amazingly overpowered then why are there 7 obvious counters not including himself?  

nitnit
Captain

iSephi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:50 pm
7 out of 35 razz and sides, some characters just are either too powerful, or have excellent recovery against meteors.

PS the reflector wars thing was a joke, make it 5 :]  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:49 pm
I find Wolf a bit hard to play IMO. And every time I fought Wolf, I was able to counter him.(Meta Knight user right here)

However, I will not deny the fact that, if used well, Wolf can be VERY formidable.  

horneldiablo

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:29 pm
iSephi
7 out of 35 razz and sides, some characters just are either too powerful, or have excellent recovery against meteors.

PS the reflector wars thing was a joke, make it 5 :]

You have speed down as his weakness, but pikachu, metaknight, marth, Zero suit samus, Shielk, and a few others are all a lot faster than him.

Also, wouldn't ROB do pretty well since he can play extremely defensive, and reflect wolf's blaster with his over A I believe? (the attack where he flails his arms forward can reflect)

While we're at it, peach, mario, and zelda can also reflect his blaster, the former 2 able to return with their own ranged (din's fire cannot be reflected by wolf's reflector btw, peach's turnips suck too much to be considered really)

Also, I see Diddy Kong as a pretty good counter. Diddy out prioritizes, is faster, has a ranged, and bananas mess up all enemies.  
Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff