Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
Banning King Dedede from Tourneys Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ban them from tournament play?
  HECK YES!
  HELL NO!
  Meh, don't care...
  Gold!
View Results

Tyhoon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:59 pm
It may sound funny, but Dedede has about a 1/12 chance of throwing an item instead of a Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, or Gordo. While this means nothing when items are on, this chance still remains even when the item appearance rate is turned to none.

I'm not going to care personally, but some people here might not like losing to a star-man Dedede during a tournament.

The same can be said for Peach, who is a fair bit more dangerous because she can pull capsules and bomb-oms.

I'm not playing the game for a prize, but some people might be. I personally hope it doesn't happen seeing as I use Dedede as my main character.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:30 pm
Who would spam those moves just to get an item that might not be good? I use Peach. I barely use the Turnips, and only once when I was playing around in waiting room I pulled a bomb. Dedede might be a problem though.  

Harrison Richardson

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:47 am
Why should we ban them? Items won't help too much for the chance of getting one, unless it's a Smash Ball or Dragoon, and even then any player has a chance of being able to use it. If you beat them up hard enough, they'll drop any item on the spot (besides Starman, Metal Block, etc.), and then you can beat them up with their own Beam Sword or whatever. It's mostly balanced unless they get a fan and start beating the heck out of you for 150% damage, and what's the chance of pulling a fan on a stage with walls?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:00 pm
Like everyone else said, there's no real reason to ban dedede except being stupid enough to not escape his chain throw.  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:03 pm
Might as well ban Diddy bananas too. surprised

I see no reason. I would much rather get a gordo then a item.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:08 pm
i suggest dont ban cuz then it will take out the excitement and plus if ther dedede and they get a star thers a good chance that ur a playing a guy who is faster than dedede whos speed is not fast so just run away and attack when its gone, hit and run  

dragwarrior

Captain S McBobble

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:37 pm
User Image

"PK Thunder!"
"PK Fire!"
"PK Freeze!"

----------------------------------

It's lower than 1/12th. I've only used two capsules with him. The first time stickers came out and the second time a deku nut came out.

And Peach only pulls out (other than turnips) Mr. Saturn, Beam Swords, and Bob-ombs. No capsules. The rate is so low it's basically non-existent.

----------------------------------

"PK Starstorm!"

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:30 pm
ya that to  

dragwarrior

Tremere Lich

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:36 pm
One of my friends mains Dedede and I've never seen him pull out an item. I don't think the chances are as high as 1/12th.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:52 pm
seriously banning a character for that is like banning a swordman for having a sword  

SiShenDao

horneldiablo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:36 am
I would not ban Dedede simply because he can pull an item out of nowhere. It would be like throwing a regular item. (I never got the capsule when I turned the items off.)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:55 am
dedede is slow so chances r u r playing with a guy thats faster  

dragwarrior

Chase Arni

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:31 am
Big deal, he can pull an item. And? That's no reason to ban him. It's not that dangerous. Though I don't like fighting a peach who managed to pull a Cursed Turnip. I don't like those.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:32 am
why ban him? if u lose to him, just do a rematch chances r u might beat him  

dragwarrior

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:03 am
No characters going to get banned from tourneys as none are so powerful that they can win against any of them.  
Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff