Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:33 am
-- AIM Rp between Aviva and Misae ((Felyn & DFA))

Aviva walked slowly along the edge of the beach, her eyes sweeping across the waves as they crested and then came crashing onto the shore. She spent many days just staring out into the endless stretch of ocean, wondering where it would lead her if she could get to the other side. It was a child's dream, and she was content where she was, but it didn't stop the fantasies that tiptoed around her thoughts.

Today, however, was not a day for day-dreaming. No, today she had a purpose. She needed to find the queen, Misae, and it was important that she did so. After finally speaking to Mundoo, after finally crossing that bridge, she was ready to finally take her place in the pride. She would stay by his side, be his happiness, and now that she was sure of what he wanted, she no longer felt nervous about taking the next step.

She paused beneath a branching tree, taking a moment to revel in the shade of the fanning branches. She knew Misae would find her, it was in her nature to know these things.

Misae too had often found herself wondering what could be found on the other side of the great blue; the wind carried so many stories... age old stories of distant places that she'd never visit while she remain a lioness. One day though, she knew she'd die, and she'd return to the muses; she'd return to her beloved wind. It would be then that she'd visit all those far off place of old.

It was with similar thoughts that the white lioness could be found,padding the beach, looking out to sea, with the wind rushing against her comfortably. Today however, there was a feeling of tugging at her heart and she followed it; she knew not whom it could be that needed her, but she knew it was not her children. Not today.

Tau had long since vanished, but she wasn't worried; unlike the others, she knew he'd be back. He had simply gone on a self discovery journey of sorts; he wasn't ready to come back yet, but he would soon.

These thoughts in mind, the Queen finally spotted Aviva under the shade of a tree, "You're waiting?" she asked softly.

A slow smile spread across her maw as the pale lioness came into view. It was not so strange a notion to her now, Misae's uncanny ability to know that she was simply needed, but it still made her smile. She knew she would come, but it was always a surprise to her when she showed up. She had needed her, and here she was.

"Yes, I'm waiting," she said softly, dipping her head to Misae as she approached. Sitting down slowly in the shade of the tree, she let her orange-red eyes sweep up to the green ones that stared back at her from an ivory face. She didn't quite know how to begin the conversation. Should she go ahead and ask, or would that be too rude? Should she attempt to make some other form of conversation first? That would be no good, she was sure she'd know that she was only idle chatting if she did that.

"I want to join the Kinzingo'Zaa," she said softly, tail flickering beside her, "officially. I've been here a long while, but.. some things have happened and I would finally like to make it home."

Indeed; it came with the terrain, sort of. Misae was touched by the 'gift', and where she would have been deemed utterly insane in many a prides... she was looked up to within Kizingo'zaa. In a way, it proved that it didn't matter whom you were, at times, but rather, what mattered was whom you surrounded yourself with. A place could make a person all the better, while at the same time, a diferent place could make that same person all the worse.

"You are?" despite the fact it had been answered like a question, something in the lioness' eyes seemed to signal she knew all too well Aviva HAD indeed been waiting. Seating herself down by the other female, she waited for her to talk; and talk she would, Misae was sure of that... she needed time though. Time, Misae was willing to give her; she had all the time in the world, "Do you now?" she asked, and a small chuckle rumbled up her throat. It was obvious that the Queen had known this for a while, but she still managed to look childishly innocent about it; like a little girl that had somehow managed to find a secret way to the cookie jar, "Well," she started, "It's not me you need to talk to; first you need to realise something yourself," watching her out the corner of an eye, the white female smiled, "Or have you already?"

Aviva watched the other female for a few moments, trying to decipher what she had meant by asking another question. Of course, at that point Aviva realized that the queen was very much like the rest of the pride members she had met, and considerably less grounded than some. She had not been born there, and thus not raised quite like those here. Sure, she believed in her muse, though she felt she was considerably more down to earth. Perhaps a trait of her own muse had rubbed off on her. Dismissing the question, Aviva let it fade into the air, lost on the wind. No need to answer a question like that, especially since the other seemed to know the answer.

The next set words that came out of her mouth were really no surprise to her at all, however, and she had been quite prepared to answer these. Her tail curled in the sand, finding a tree root sprouted from the grains, and even that small comfort was enough to make her feel confident enough to speak up. "I've come to realize that, I think," she said softly. Her eyes drifted to her paws, covered in shade from the branches above, and then back to Misae. "I have had my talks with the jungle, with the trees," she nodded, as if confirming this to herself as much as to Misae. It was one thing to know it inwardly, but quite another to speak of it aloud.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:48 am
Misae was very much like the rest of the pride; it was probably thanks to that fact that she fit in so well, however... where the pride hear voices in their heads due to Irrationality's gift, Misae was the real deal. Her voices were very much real.

"Hmmm?" it was just a soft sound, followed by a small, warm smile, as if the lioness were trying to comfort the other in continuing... as if wishing her to go on, to say more, "What have they told you?" it was clear she did not know the answer to this particular question, for the queen's red eyes fixed themselves on the other lioness. As if by doing so, she could seek the answers right out of Aviva's soul.

She furrowed her brows slightly at Misae's next question, trying to decide, not for the first time, just what Misae wanted her to say. She had never asked the trees anything specifically, and they had never told her anything that she thought was super important. They had embraced her and that was almost as far as she knew. In a world where she had never felt quite at home, they had embraced her and grounded her.

"I do not know what it is that you want me to say," she said softly, "they have told me many things." She shrugged her shoulders, sighing softly and causing her green fluff of hair to flop upwards for a moment. "They told me I would be happy here," she said finally, turning her eyes to stare at those only a few shades different from her own, "they tell me I will be happy here all the time, and that they are happy I am here." It wasn't much, but the joy that she felt near them, the joy that she felt from them - that was the strongest thing she could think to express to the queen.

The smile smile that had curled about her maw, seemed to turn just a tad warmer, and slowly, the lioness leaned in, allowing herself to drag her tongue across Aviva's forehead, grooming the patch of pelt there, "And you are welcome to stay here," she told her, leaning out of Aviva's personal space, "And find out if what they said was true or not," it was not only an invitation, but an acceptance to stay there, "You're welcome amongst us; I was only waiting for you to ask."

That much was true; her words were more grounded then, however, despite all, the white lioness eyes seemed far away... like always. As if they could see things, hear things the rest simply could not imagine, "That way," she murmured with a grin, "The new Baharimbas will have more friends to play with," her new cubs were still young, perhaps just a tad too young to come out on their own, but they soon would.

Aviva blinked, surprised by the queen's sudden closeness, and the grooming she was receiving. She did laugh, however, because she knew that while it might have been strange in any other situation, Misae only meant comfort and welcome by it. Oh, how the ways of this pride worked. "Thank you," she said with a refreshed smile, pleased that she could return to Mundoo and tell him the good news.

Just as she was about to stand, to dismiss herself and hurry back to her new-found mate, she registered the words that Misae had uttered. She knew the Baharimbas were the king and queen's children, but they were far too young for her to play with. Realization of what she meant dawned upon her, and for a moment she was left with a gaping jaw. She wondered, deep down, if Misae knew something she did not - or if, perhaps, she was simply guessing that in the future she and Mundoo would eventually have cubs. "I.." she began, pausing, and could only finish it with a small nod and a smile as she pushed herself to her feet.

The ways of the pride were strange indeed; they promoted closeness of the heart and soul. Most of the pridal members stayed together in the main caves when there were storms, or simply at night, sleeping side by side. Despite the fact there were a few adults and a few couples already, this did not keep them apart. Even though each couple doubtlessly had a den and a cove... the pride seemed to benefit from the closeness. The grooming was no doub to show Aviva she already viewed her as part of the family, "You are very welcome."

Oh, but Misae knew. The white lioness knew much more than she let on, or she cared to show, and thus when the brightly pelted lioness turned to gawk at her, she simply smiled, "Tell Mundoo that he'll be pleased this time," she called after Aviva, with a small smile still curling upon her maw. In all honesty, the queen looked like she was holding onto a secret; a precious secret that she wished not to let go of just yet.

Then, with a soft, mild chuckle, she stood up and padded off in a diferent direction, hoping that her wayward son would find his way back to them soon. Nerida and Maua missed him so... even if they did not properly voice this, it was obvious to Misae.

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items