Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Card Battling Games
Epic Yu-gi-oh Stategy Discussion Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:02 am
What would you say is an epic strategy?

I'd say fusing Valkyrion and Lava Golem into Evil Hero Dark Gaia is pretty obnoxious. 6500 attack is never good for your opponent.

I personally prefer Future Fusion and Overload Fusion to get out Chimeratech Overdragon with 8000 ATK and 10 attacks per turn, and then Dimension Fusion for monsters to attack your opponent's life directly. The only problem is that Chimeratech's effect that destroys all of your cards, so you're defenseless against traps or effect monsters unless you planned that out ahead of time (Nobleman of Crossout, Heavy Storm, etc.).  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:12 pm
I always enjoy playing Rainbow Neos... you gotta love that much power  

SkyCore

playing with myself

O.G. Noob

7,825 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:08 pm
all i have to say:
labyrinth wall, ring of magnetism, shield and sword, and that card that forces your opponent to switch their monster to attack mode.

It's a mouthful, but hey, what can I say? Great strategies can never be too simple.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:33 pm
User Image
I was bored

SS frog.
E-conning it to steal your monster.
Tribute said monster for a Monarch, Jinzo, Dasher, Cyber Dragon, DMOC or Monster Gate.
So I got this D: User Image

Kunx990

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:28 am
yubel, then mysric wok/raigeki break it, summon yubel terror incarnate, another mystic wok/raigeki break yubel terror incarnate to summon yubel ultimate night mare.

then play recurring nightmare to bring back yubel and yubel terror incarnate. rincs and repeat.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:33 pm
I have discovered the overwhelming power of swarming a ton of wimpy cards with powerful effects.

I've also noticed that you can have a lot of fun with Snipe Hunter and Yubel...  

darkslasherX
Crew

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:05 pm
i use snipe hunter with yubel a lot. i use doom shaman like crazy as well
however, my favorite is when i mystic wok twice and bring out yubel terror incarnate, then play recurrig nightmare, bringing back b oth the first and second forms of yubel, and then using snipe hunter, royal decree, as well as dark avatar  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:29 pm
I love my deck idea unfortunatly i dont have the actual cards just beginning of destiny game. all I do is remove cards from play so I can juice up maju gren de eliza or gold golem and then stomp you into the ground as the keep getting stronger the more of your monsters i destroy  

DistantOne

Dapper Humorist

11,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:35 pm
then someone busts out hate buster or magic cylinders and you're screwed!  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:01 pm
your right but you can only have one magical cylinder and not every deck has those cards so I still win a lot  

DistantOne

Dapper Humorist

11,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:57 am
i use a fiend deck and a destruction deck. i can see that a destruction deck might have problems with your deck, but my fiend deck could completly obliterate yours.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:36 pm
Just get Exxod on field, equip with Heart of Clear Water. Get Medusa Worm out , and equip it with Heart of Clear Water also. Just keep flipping Medusa Worm and using its effect to kill one monster and put it back in face down defence mode. Exxod's effect inflicting 1000 life points each flip.

Invincible defence position monster FTW!  

Harrison Richardson

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:59 am
Fireyblaze000
Just get Exxod on field, equip with Heart of Clear Water. Get Medusa Worm out , and equip it with Heart of Clear Water also. Just keep flipping Medusa Worm and using its effect to kill one monster and put it back in face down defence mode. Exxod's effect inflicting 1000 life points each flip.

Wouldn't flipping Medusa Worm face-down destroy the Heart of Clear Water equipped to it, though, since equips can't target face-down monsters?

There are some cards that keep your opponent from targeting your face-down monsters, like Cryosphinx, so your strategy doesn't go completely down the drain, although no matter what, there's always instant kill cards like Exiled Force, Lightning Vortex and Fissure to worry about.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:08 pm
darkslasherX
Fireyblaze000

Wouldn't flipping Medusa Worm face-down destroy the Heart of Clear Water equipped to it, though, since equips can't target face-down monsters?

There are some cards that keep your opponent from targeting your face-down monsters, like Cryosphinx, so your strategy doesn't go completely down the drain, although no matter what, there's always instant kill cards like Exiled Force, Lightning Vortex and Fissure to worry about.

I haven't played Yugioh in a LONG time, so I forgot about that. Heart of clear water does not allow it to be killed by effects of cards that designate it, so those cards would not work unless it kills all monsters.  

Harrison Richardson

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:55 pm
Fireyblaze000
darkslasherX
Fireyblaze000

I haven't played Yugioh in a LONG time, so I forgot about that. Heart of clear water does not allow it to be killed by effects of cards that designate it, so those cards would not work unless it kills all monsters.
Even so, Lightning Vortex and Fissure are still concerns. (Fissure doesn't target, so it'll still work.) There are other wrenches your opponent can throw at you, too, like Book of Moon, Enemy Controller, or any S/T destruction card.

I'm guess what I'm trying to say is that no strategy is perfect, and if it was, UDE would ban it. No idea why I'm so off topic, though...

I guess the best ways to rate a strategy are how easy it is to set up and how hard it is to counter.

Now, anyone have anything that's actually on topic to say, not like me?  
Card Battling Games

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff