Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Texting contest...in college?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:50 am
I love coming to college because to me, it's a place of learning and serious conversations. I was walking to class when I saw a colorful poster. Leaning closer in, I saw it was advertising a TEXTING contest. I wanted to tear it down and rant about it...especially after dealing with a student who was a senior making mistakes not even high school students make in essays. But that is another story....

Now before you say, "That's not so bad," think a minute. They are seeing who can text the fastest within a time period, for hundred dollars in school credit. Wouldn't this encourage text talk in the process because it is allegedly faster?

I truly am curious as to whether this would be a bad thing. In a high school, I would understand, but in college?

Discuss, rant, rave about this.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:49 pm
I heard someone currently holds a world record in texting--less than 26 seconds.

Alas, it's the idiotic that champions the status quo...how effing sad, really. sad  

Natsuri

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:28 pm
Natsuri
I heard someone currently holds a world record in texting--less than 26 seconds.

Alas, it's the idiotic that champions the status quo...how effing sad, really. sad

26 seconds? Wow. Even for a typist that'd be difficult. Though you are right...it is indeed sad.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games