Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Classic - Old - Independent Movies
Juno - Hit or Miss? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you like Juno?
  Of course!!
  Hated it.
  Uh...what?
  POLL WHORE!!
View Results

Sugar Syndicate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:14 pm
Personally, I loved the movie Juno, starring Ellen Page, but I've heard a good and bad argument about it. So, did you like it? Why or why not?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:21 pm
Yeah I think it was a nice movie, good ending too whee  

T3h Antek

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:12 pm
I didn't go to see it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:28 pm
I have a copy on blu ray I've yet to watch. Looks good though.  

Sir Raunchy McTendersoft

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:00 am
I loved it! They were so cute together, and the song at the end was really adorable.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:28 am
Best movie of 2007.  

Trichromatism

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:42 pm
I haveent seen it yet but its got the superbad guy on it aye? looks cool  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:59 am
Raging_Blazing_Fire7
I loved it! They were so cute together, and the song at the end was really adorable.
Interesting fact, that song that they sang was actually sung by them! domokun  

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:02 am
Otakkun
Raging_Blazing_Fire7
Interesting fact, that song that they sang was actually sung by them! domokun

I thought that was so cool when I found it. That made it that much cuter. Fav line: "We sure are cute for 2 ugly people." 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:36 am
Its a cute film for people who have never seen Once but I found it to be really blah "I don't care why does Juno sound like every other person in the film"

3 to 25 charactersWhoops

BloodandIvory

Vicious Reveler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:33 am
this was an independent movie question

It definitely gets the thumbs up from me.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:54 pm
Brainthought
Its a cute film for people who have never seen Once but I found it to be really blah "I don't care why does Juno sound like every other person in the film"

I'm sorry, did you just insinuate that Juno was a rehash of Once? Once is a great movie, but Juno is on a totally different level. Though Once gets points for originality (shot in digital video and is a musical without being campy), Juno wins on pure heart. On the surface, Juno and Once appear to be very similar, but Juno's themes reach much deeper than those of Once. I think both movies are great, but Juno is superior to Once.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Hilabeee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:01 am
I dunno. It was like.. Movie candy. Ellen Page was not at her best for sure. (Hard Candy, plz. Great movie) So I was a little disappointed in her. Cute movie though, it made me want to hug a pregnant woman. haha  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:03 am
Brainthought
...Wasn't Once released after Juno? Either way...they were in production at the exact same time...
...So it would be impossible for either one to influence the other.

...That, and Once was terrible. xD!! All I got from that movie was blah "I don't care why does Irishman sound like every other whiney street performer in the world" xp

Seriously, though, I don't think either one can be compared to each other in the way that you suggested. ^^;;  

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:29 am
Otakkun
Brainthought
...Wasn't Once released after Juno? Either way...they were in production at the exact same time...
...So it would be impossible for either one to influence the other.

...That, and Once was terrible. xD!! All I got from that movie was blah "I don't care why does Irishman sound like every other whiney street performer in the world" xp

Seriously, though, I don't think either one can be compared to each other in the way that you suggested. ^^;;
Juno came out after Once.

I think Once is far superior to Juno. emo

I thought Juno was cute, but the dialogue was obnoxious. Clever, pretentious language and hipster references to horror movies and music so Diablo Cody can show off how cool she is because of her ~*knowledge*~.  
Classic - Old - Independent Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff