Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
hey all

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deamond

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:51 am
Hey, all. I'm new, but I'm a Pagan Druid in the organization of OBOD at the bardic grade. Nice to meet you all!

De-typo'd by Atma  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:41 am
Nice! I don't know a whole lot about OBOD. There's times I've had passing thoughts that Neodruidry might be an appropriate path for me, except I'm not particularly Celtic in slant. I'm more of the raw tree-hugger sort and commune with the Natural world in a very direct fashion. Anything interesting you have to share about OBOD?  

Starlock
Crew

Deamond

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:00 pm
Starlock
Nice! I don't know a whole lot about OBOD. There's times I've had passing thoughts that Neodruidry might be an appropriate path for me, except I'm not particularly Celtic in slant. I'm more of the raw tree-hugger sort and commune with the Natural world in a very direct fashion. Anything interesting you have to share about OBOD?

Erm... Well, it was founded in the 1960`s from an older order that formed in 1717 in the 2nd Druid Era (we are currently the 3rd, the first forming from the Celts).
Back then, it was mostly a Christian Druid religion based mainly upon poetry and philosophy.

Around the 1960`s, I think, the main (I might be wrong) Paganism aspect came back into Druidry, and OBOD is the biggest order of Druids.
There are 3 grades, starting at bard, then ovate, then Druid, but there is no hierarchy between these. All Druids are very tolerant of each other and other religions.
Also, there are not just Pagan Druids, but there are Christian Druids and pretty much any religion can have Druidry added on to it, but the main ones are Pagans and Christians.
I'm a Pagan Druid. I think Pagan Druids are the main aspect of the religion.
Also, you can learn loads of aspects of Paganism in it, like Shamanism and the art of seering, divination, elementals, and... well... everything.
You are sent books to learn from every month and you learn your techniques from them.

So there you go.

Detypo'd by Atma  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces