Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
Yoshi. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:22 pm
I've decided that yoshi is actually pretty amazing.

Discuss how underrated yoshi is.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:04 pm
I have to admit, he was buffed alot, but he's no top tier.  

Harrison Richardson

bobisfree1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:24 pm
yes, yoshi got way better in brawl  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:28 pm
Fireyblaze000

Then who is top tier Mr. tier list expert?  

nitnit
Captain

Harrison Richardson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:55 am
nitnit
Fireyblaze000

Then who is top tier Mr. tier list expert?

I don't know. I just know that Yoshi can't really make a really good stategy.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:00 pm
That statement makes no sense since the player devises strategies, not the character...  

nitnit
Captain

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:19 pm
Yoshi in fact is a beast, his A down is good for damaging, he has great recovery, not to mention his Final Smash is so damn cool.
You gotta love the eggs as well  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:29 pm
Egg roll is great. His aerials are some of the best, and he has some of the best priority overall in the game.

I will admit there's a bit of a learning curve to using him though. It isn't like Marth where you pick him and auto win.  

nitnit
Captain

Harrison Richardson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:37 pm
I've never seen someone use him correctly against me. I'm sure that, in the right hand, he could be really good.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:02 pm
nitnit
Egg roll is great. His aerials are some of the best, and he has some of the best priority overall in the game.

I will admit there's a bit of a learning curve to using him though. It isn't like Marth where you pick him and auto win.

Um no. First of all, yoshi isn't nearly as good as you are making him out to be. When we fought while you were using yoshi, you just spammed egg roll and his little butt smash thing. And marth isn't an instant win like you say. I'd love to see you pick marth and instantly beat me everytime. Every character takes an amount of skill to use, no matter what you say.  

Deathguiser

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:34 pm
Deathguiser
nitnit

Um no. First of all, yoshi isn't nearly as good as you are making him out to be. When we fought while you were using yoshi, you just spammed egg roll and his little butt smash thing. And marth isn't an instant win like you say. I'd love to see you pick marth and instantly beat me everytime. Every character takes an amount of skill to use, no matter what you say.

Did you beat him when he used Yoshi? If so, by how much?

I thought you knew Nit's playstyle. Basically "spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam "

No matter who he plays, but it works.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:22 pm
Jonnnn
Deathguiser
nitnit

Did you beat him when he used Yoshi? If so, by how much?

I thought you knew Nit's playstyle. Basically "spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam spamspam "

No matter who he plays, but it works.

It was a team brawl, and if I remeber correctly he was the first to go, at least in two of the battles. Spamming moves is not skillful at all, its simply annoying.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:45 pm
I thought we already went over like 9001 times that I wasn't trying when I was using yoshi in a team battle. Yoshi sucks for teams anyways. Fight me 1v1 on final destination. Marth is still easy mode.

Also, jon, I find it ironic how you complain about spamming when that's all you do. You constantly spam pikachu's neutral B and down B, and kirby's UpB. Also, how does one spam with yoshi? I can see how you could argue that I use wolf's laser a lot, but yoshi has no projectile other than his egg, he can't camp at all.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:00 pm
You can't be as good as you claim to be if you are only good at final destination. And yoshi seems like a great candidate for teams, considering his completely spammable egg move and butt smash  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:05 pm
It's not that spammable, you can easily knock him out of it if you use the right moves. As long as we play on a tournament stage then I'll do fine (that stupid bridge isn't considered a neutral tournament stage btw)  
Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff