Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Rune Factory?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

south_star89

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:42 am
What is you peoples opinion of the game and why? As you all know, I'm trying to get a new game and having a hard time making up my mind (I kind of wish they'd quit making sooo many sooo quickly. No one not related to Bill Gates or Ms. Winfrey can really keep up.)

Anyway, this was a game that I really wanted until I forgot about because I took a break from Video Games to focus on School. Anyway, I want to hear you'll opinions of the game thanks.

P.S. I've played several Harvest Moon games, and even though I think they're repetitive, I get addicted each time for about a month.

Edit, one thing I want to know is if the game ever ENDS? Thats the one thing that really pisses me off in Friends of Mineral Town. The towns folk dont age and die after X amount of years and the game doesn't really have an end.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:34 am
-Yes, It's addicting for a month or so.
-No, NOBODY ages (Not even your child)
-The dungeon system is good, but a few minor flaws.

Overall, I'd suggest waiting for #2 to hit the states, OR buy It used for a lower price.  

Saturn64

Death_moogle_lord

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:37 pm
idk i havent played it yet but i love the whle harvest moon sries and i here its pretty good

when in doubt resort to magazine reviews biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:51 pm
I have the game, and I like it. If you care at all, X-Play gave 4 out of 5, the same rating they gave Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.  

Kaptain-J

Curaudo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:22 pm
I thought it was pretty good for a Harvest moon game, although the whole marriage aspect of that title was pretty useless. The only thing that changes after you're married is that your girlfriend is now your wife and she stands in the living room all day everyday, doing nothing interesting at all and you can't interact with your child or anything. Other than that, its pretty good. You even get to upgrade your own tools and weapons once you buy the house upgrade with the forge.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:37 pm
Love love love this game! One of my very favorites. I have since played 2, and the one on the Wii! I think its a great game personally, and would (and do) highly recommend it to anyone who likes the Harvest Moon games. The fantasy aspect that's thrown in really makes it even more fun than the normal Harvest Moon games. And the fighting and teaming up with monsters is fun too!  

gibblebitsy

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Rhed King

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:48 pm
Rune factory was ok i guess, but just wait for two if you're bent on getting one.

the concept is good and all, but the game is no challenge, and the characters have little to no personality. Another interesting thing? the difficulty curve goes down, drastically. Everything can be killed perfectly just by following the pattern. if you're getting hurt, it's because you were poisoned by a floor tile.

or vocabulary, for that matter, the girls can say about 4 different things on a normal day. The rest of the cast can say about 2. on holidays or events, even less variety.

In total, through the course of the game, a single character will say about 15-20 different lines as long as they aren't plot devices.

but wait, there's almost no plot to speak of anyway!

if you found all three puns, I applaud you  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:11 pm
Kaptain-J
If you care at all, X-Play gave 4 out of 5, the same rating they gave Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

Haha, X-Play, the most narcissistic show on the air.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Rhed King

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:02 pm
Wantcookie
Kaptain-J
If you care at all, X-Play gave 4 out of 5, the same rating they gave Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

Haha, X-Play, the most narcissistic show on the air.

Do they still have the Sessler?
such an amazing guy, I don't think he took anything seriously.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:35 pm
Holy necros, Batman.  

Allegro

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas