Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply PC and other Platform Gaming
Final Fantasy XI

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:35 am
anyone play it?

if so look me up on the pandamoneium server as sutachi  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:27 pm
used to. I got to level 30 and quit, the game was waaaaaay to tedious for me. I mean, I swear to God you had to do five thousand different things just to accomplish one task. Wanna go to Kahzam to start leveling? Well find 3 super rare keys in these dungeons or pay like 250,000 gold....I mean seriously. Don't even get me started on the job quests.  

Deathguiser

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:19 pm
lol. going to aht' Urgahn is worse. you gotta collect six items. the three for the dunes subjob quest, and the three for the windy one.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:27 pm
That fat that you have to party to level sucks (unless you go for beastmaster, which is hard to train I hear.) I always wanted to be a ninja, but buying that one scroll that is completely neccessary forl eveling is just way to much effort. Alas, somehow I know that one day I will find myself back in this game, as I have come back more than once.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:08 pm
Why not just play an MMO with a questing system that makes sense like WoW? Granted it'll still take you a long time to hit max level, but at least you do quests, and there's so many that you can just skip an entire area and go to a different one (unless you're an insane azn grinder)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:36 pm
the quets are fine, but not really too necessay. FFXI main purpose is to get people to socialize more, by forcing them to form parties or join linkshells for help with difficult quests. its really great when a friend joins at the same time, as you can party together to the high levels. Combat is fairly fun too, but basic jobs like warrior start to get old around level 20 (which sucks, considering that is the main sub job for nearly every close combat job...)  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:27 pm
In WoW you can be as social or as antisocial as you want though. (well you have to be in groups to do the dungeons and end game raids)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:53 am
No,No one play FF XI in my country talk2hand  

ZelnichDoom

subway23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:13 pm
nitnit
Why not just play an MMO with a questing system that makes sense like WoW? Granted it'll still take you a long time to hit max level, but at least you do quests, and there's so many that you can just skip an entire area and go to a different one (unless you're an insane azn grinder)
i hate wow after bc came out yea its easy but thats about it when you hit end game well thats just it you hit end game yay lets go do some pvp and get loot then sit in org all day smile but ffxi i played it along time ago when it first cAme out only got to like lvl 13 i was thinking of makeing a new acount and playing again  
PC and other Platform Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games