Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Game Assistance and Talk
Phase 1, Skeith INFECTION Help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skeith is......?
  A phase....
  Haseo
  Sora...
  I'm right HERE!
View Results

Meliu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:33 pm
So I'm STILL playing Infection, ( I broke my ps2, but now got a new one. )
and.... I'm level 25. DX
BlackRose is 24..
Mistral's 25 also well.

Every time I go into that stinkin' dungeon, I like, level to 29 ish and then die because of leck on health drinks... ( i have 30 )

Also cuz blackrose keeps dying and using up my resurect...

SO.

Any tips on defeating this terror of death?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:19 pm
Oh God, I HATED that battle. XD
My friend and I were stuck on it for days.
Hmm... I think we finally beat it by leveling up REALLY high, maxing out on health potions and everything, then just pwning him. XD
Also, I favored a balanced Kite (I always made sure he had spells and everything.) I'm a big fan of using magic, and I think that gave me an advantage over Skeith, because I was able to use the scrolls continuously and make it more difficult for him to attack.

User Image

Sanus Ex Machina

Jack2634

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:24 pm
Ooh goody, it's been a while since anyone has had this problem.

First off, you'll need to get more health potions, a lot more, like, 99 of them, if you can.

Second, do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT bring Mistral. Spells are useless against Skeith. Bring Sanjuro or Gardenia, hell, bring Piros, just make sure you don't bring a wavemaster, you'll be the one doing most of the healing during the actual fight.

As to the fight itself, like I said, bring another fighter and keep far away from Skeith yourself. Just heal and resurrect as needed. Once you DD, then it's alright if you try to take a few whacks at him, but be careful, he moves faster after then, and casts more spells, though they usually aren't as bad as his Judgement attack.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:50 pm
I don't really remember the battle, but I would bring a wavemaster for healing. 3nodding  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

Tayu Yuu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:19 pm
Jack2634

First off, you'll need to get more health potions, a lot more, like, 99 of them, if you can.

Second, do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT bring Mistral. Spells are useless against Skeith. Bring Sanjuro or Gardenia, hell, bring Piros, just make sure you don't bring a wavemaster, you'll be the one doing most of the healing during the actual fight.

As to the fight itself, like I said, bring another fighter and keep far away from Skeith yourself. Just heal and resurrect as needed. Once you DD, then it's alright if you try to take a few whacks at him, but be careful, he moves faster after then, and casts more spells, though they usually aren't as bad as his Judgement attack.
i brought Mistral when i did it and won i had no real trouble  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:28 pm
Goldengame253
Jack2634

i brought Mistral when i did it and won i had no real trouble

I never said it was impossible to win with a wavemaster, but they're fighting against Skeith for the first time, and it's usually far easier to beat him with the method I prescribed. I've beaten him with Mistral too, but I was level 31, had given Mistral certain equipment, and bought tons of Sp regenerating items.  

Jack2634

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:55 pm
For this battle I brought Kite, BlackRose, and Mistral/Elk. I believe in the first gameplay through I brought Elk. Either way it doesn't matter, because at the same level, Elk and Mistral are pretty much the same. I beat Skeith at level 27, so it may be wise to level up to that before going into the dungeon.

1: Always max out Health Drinks at 99 and have about 50+ Mage's Souls. Sell any unneccesary items and purchase at a minimum 30 or so Resurrects. Also, have your Wavemaster equipped with equipment that can cast Rip Maen [the revival spell] and La Repth [the spell that heals 150 to all members]. Have Kite have a similar La Repth spell. I highly recommend bringing both the the items that heals the various status effects [Antidote and Restorative]; probably about 10-20 each. Equip all members with their highest weapons and armor. It would also be smart to have some Speed Charms, Beast Bloods, and Knight Blood, as well as the Bloods to increase Physical Attack [Warrior Blood?]. If you can get your hands on some Pure Waters, that would be wonderful as they can sharply reduce the damage received by Judgement. It may sound like a lot, but it is well worth it and the items are stil useful in the next game for a little while. REMEMBER: IT IS BETTER TO BE OVERPREPARED THAN UNDER.

2: When going through the dungeon, only use magic to heal. NEVER USE ITEMS UNLESS COMPLETELY NECESSARY [as in all party members are dead and you have 3 HP]. You can recover MP, but it will be a challenge to find more Health Drinks. Before going through the Purple Mist, make sure your characters are at full HP, full SP, and then use some Bloods on the characters. Here is my recommended setting for coming into the battle:
Kite: 500+ HP, Speed Up, Magical Defense Up [Water Element Damage Down]
BlackRose: 600+ HP, Speed Up, Physical Attack Up, Physical Defense Up, Magical Defense Up [Water Element Damage Down]
Elk: 450+ HP, Physical Defense Up, Magical Defense Up [Water Element Damage Down]

3: In the battle with Skeith immediately back away to a corner. Set BlackRose's target on Skeith and tell Elk/Mistral to follow you. Guide him/her to the corner and set them up as a healer ["First Aid!"]. If Skeith ever gets close to Elk/Mistral, it is quite likely a single Quake or slash will kill them. In this case, when you see Skeith get close to the healer, dash to another side away from Skeith and call them over.

4: Battle Jobs:
Kite: Run/Heal/Item Magic/Risky Attack
BlackRose: Attack/Skills/Decoy
Elk: Heal/Magic [after Data Drain]

Run: Job is to run around the area and guide the Wavemaster/stay in one spot away from the boss and cast item magic or heal.
Heal: Job is to heal other of HP, MP, Status Effects, Strengthening Items, Resurrect
Decoy: Job is to guide the boss and have it attack them head on
Magic: Job is to cast learned offensive magic
Item Magic: Job is to cast offensive magic using items
Attack: Job is to attack the target
Risky Attack: Job is to attack the target, but on the condition that one knows the timing of Skeith's attacks well enough to avoid the quake attack
Skills: Job is to use Weapon Skills to attack the opponent

5: Now to the battle. Skeith's common attacks are Cross Stab [Quake], Cross Swing, and Judgement. He may use Data Drain anywhere from 3-4 times during battle, possibly even more. Sweith dashes madly aroudn the arena when he is getting attacked, which is why Speed Charms are important. BlackRose and Kite can keep up, and Kite can run around Skeith to avoid the Cross Swing and can run away quickly enough to avoid the Quake. Have BlackRose and yourself attack. Staccato or some other attack kill is very useful to Kite because it continues to hit Skeith even after he runs away. If you would like to bring a Blood to increase your attack power, it could provide Kite with that extra attack power. MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS AVOID THE QUAKE AS IT CAN DO 400+ DAMAGE TO ANYONE CLOSE TO IT. The Wavemaster will focus on healing BlackRose as a result and all you have to worry about is Judgment. A safer route would be to have only BlackRose attack and you run around the arena and cast Item Magics, with the ESSENTIAL addition of increasing Magical Accuracy [another Blood]. If you try to cast without increasing Magical Accuracy, you'd be lucky if three or four times it hit. Anyway, if character drop below 350, heal them with an item. Don't worry abotu casting, it will take too long. You will probably be busy healing when the Protect Break comes up, so make sure Speed Charm is at least continuously active in you. Keep a constitant Physical Defense Up on BlackRose as well.

6: After Data Draining, Skeith will move incredibly fast. However, he is twice as dangerous in this state. His Quake now does over 500 damage and can easily wipe out all characters that are even slightly weakened. His attacks comes more quickly as well, and though Judgment and Data Drain are no longer a problem, Skeith's physical attacks have sharply increased. Switch Elk/Mistral to Skills! so they will perform various strong magics and STAY AWAY FROM SKEITH. From this moment on YOU ARE THE HEALER. La Repth/Health Drinks and Rip Maen/Resurrect are now your best friends. USE THEM OFTEN. Don't worry about Elk/Mistral's Magical Accuracy; it's very high compared to yours. If you want to still attack and have Elk/Mistral still heal, however, Staccato is now your good friend. Use and heal SP, repeating the pattern until Skeith falls. AVOID HIS QUAKE AT ALL TIMES. RUNS VERY FAR AWAY WHEN HE RISES, AND HAVE KITE CONSTANTLY HAVE SPEED UP ON HIMSELF.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:35 pm
What I did is I went with Blackrose and Sanjuro. I had them up in like 28, 29, 30 range. Also I had a bunch of Ressurects but I was stupid and did not bring anything to heal them...So I was in the back while the slashed at him and when they died I used a ressurect and with no healing I used ALOT of ressurects. My method might not work but it worked for me....I did the same thing for Innis in Mutation but with Mistral I had to attack 2  

BrotherXInsanity

5,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Voter 100

Lelandra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:28 am
Black Rose and Mistral were my party

you need to get a Cermaic Helm or Helmet. It should be a rare item, I'm sure if you look it up the spelling will be different, but it has 2 very cool effects that if you make sure to cast for "support" she'll cast it and it won't take as long for her to die.

secondly, spells do work - I casted them and did damage.
what you need to do is just stock up on every kind of healing item there is, because, yes, you do use them.
the other idea is to fight the least amout of battles before hand so just cast Fairy's orb and fight what you HAVE to. But use the other character's healing items first
you can access them if you use the command action option. Mistral is pretty good at healing too.

There are status increase books you could get if Black Rose still is having problems, but really, you just need to try and time the skills you use after hers.

(something I picked up for this battle that comes in handy for the later games)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:48 pm
I considred the fight with skieth as the most easiest battle, i used every single scroll i had aginst him and i won i only died about 4 time but it wasn't to bad  

auragleaf02

Zira361

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:10 pm
I was a level 33 and brought Blackrose (unoptional anyways XD) and Elk (both at 32).
What I did was I had 78 Healing drinks (150 HP) (used 51), 8 Healing potions (400HP) (used all), and 2 Nobel Wines (max HP) (used 1). I only had to use 1 ressurect (on Blackrose [I wasted money on over 60!])(neither of them had ressuresting skills). I also used a crap load of scrolls and mages souls [don't know the numbers XD].

I stayed as far away from Skeith as possible, while using scrolls out the a**, while Elk and Blackrose were using skills. When ever it was using Judgment, I set them on First Aid! Then, I set them back on Skills. once they all healed.
Kept repeating that process (and healed when nessisary myself) until I data drained him. After that I kept the process except it couldn't use Judgment so I just put it on First Aid! (or healed them myself) when nessisary. I only gave him one physical blow, and that was after he was Data Drained. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:16 am
trade with tim he's got an item that you can give to ur wavemaster that can bring your other charaters to life and that was an easy battle for me i kept every one alive just keep your sp and your wavemasrer sp up and use items that boost your atk and def make shure you can remove all abnormal/bad stats skaith only datadrain black rose for me cause i was running around him and useing skills till its time to datadrain him then i went head on but that my way i defeated him... my lv27  

herzlos niemand

1,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

Amarah Couture

5,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:20 am
MIstral= no no.

just get 2 people constantly attacking, and you have tons of health potions,etc, etc

Have theother 2 use skills, keep their MP up, and when it goes to do a little attack- have them follow you so they dont take damage.
send them back out and repeat!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:01 pm
go on gameFAQs.com they got walkthoughs if you dond wanna take anyones advice from this topic...  

herzlos niemand

1,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
Game Assistance and Talk

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items