Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Newspaper - Yay or Nay?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:34 pm
So today I was going to make the newspaper, but there were very few articles. Should we even bother having a guild newspaper?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:32 pm
Well, if we have enough articles, I say yay, because our first edition was really good and interesting.

Without enough, it boring, so nay.  

PhoenixBlade983

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:41 pm
I guess I could start doing the newspaper again if you want, just remind me to do it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:44 pm
I hereby remind you to do it xD  

nitnit
Captain

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:28 pm
Newspaper? Yes.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:46 pm
Unless someone wants to interview me, nay!  

Jonnnn

iOath

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:49 pm

Yay? It was very intriguing, though no one does it now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:35 pm
I thought the newspaper would be a good way to use the reports that the sub-fourm mods send, that way it kills two birds with one stone. Yay?  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:25 am
The subforum reports seem kinda pointless though, since not a lot of stuff happen in the subforums. And a quick peak inside of one is all that's needed. Or did you have more coming-soon games and reviews type of things in mind?

I'm curious to know though how many would be really interested in those type of things since a trip to IGN or something would be easier o_o Though I've kinda been wanting to write reviews.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:47 am
If I can write about stuff like last week when I pretended to be a nihilist shopping for clothes, then yay.

If not, nay.  

pathetic_negi_magician

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:09 pm
Pay Per Cuts
The subforum reports seem kinda pointless though, since not a lot of stuff happen in the subforums. And a quick peak inside of one is all that's needed. Or did you have more coming-soon games and reviews type of things in mind?

I'm curious to know though how many would be really interested in those type of things since a trip to IGN or something would be easier o_o Though I've kinda been wanting to write reviews.

I had coming game / reviews in mind personally. It makes something interesting for people to come to the guild and read / comment / discuss on a weekly basis, and by making the subforum moderators do it weekly, there would always be a good amount of content... unfortunately only deathguiser actually made anything substantially entertaining (digitial knight made a comic as well)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:29 pm
Well my suggestion is to start kicking some of the subofrum moderators in the a** to get started so I can put together a paper. I stopped doing it last time because I was one of two or three people writing things.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:38 am
Licking or Kicking?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:01 pm
lmao I must have pressed L and not checked what i wrote lol...thats funny. No, I meant kicking *edits old post*  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:22 pm
Ok, because that completely changes the context of your statement.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games