Reply +Illusionary+
Two different worlds - United by Manga [Prp]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reseil Mesai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:05 pm
The world of black and white was a fascinating subject. Lines so strategically woven. Ink becoming image. Image forming story. Emerald orbs scanned the parchment beyond the books spinal lifeline, assessing the value of that world and its inhabitants. Whatever the subject, it seemed to satisfy her. However, the girl standing in the plaza, grazing the market's manga was alone only figuratively.
At her side was the world of living color, a small boy uninteresting in the short tomes that surrounded him. More so, he was interested in making his own marks on a small notepad. This was proving rather difficult as he possessively clung to a dilapidated rabbit plush. The endeavor being frustrating, he paused for a moment to scan the crowd. Surely there was some inspiration to make his labor worthwhile.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:28 pm
Eri was visiting a manga lot at the plaza. Instead of her usual victorian dressing, she was sporting jeans in a pink halter. Daichi was with her of course, and sat on her shoulders, straining to see around the winged fox girl's big, fluffy ears. With a tiny, pale hand he tugged one down so he could read too.

Books were scattered all over in piles, and Eri was having a great time, practically hovering over the mountains of art, with her fluffy tail wagging in excitement. Her raven wings were sealed away, only appearing as a tattoo on her shoulderblades, so she didn't accidentally hit anybody with them; after all there was a large crowd. She adjusted her glasses on her nose with her index finger, as they began to slide off. She giggled, picking up a few titles of her liking. She paid as they were placed in a bag for her to carry.

When she was done at the first little stand, she moved down the line to see more. After all, one can never have enough manga.

Daichi sighed in frustration as he had just begun, at least 'attempting' to read the cover of the first book his Momma had been holding. He gave up and decided to people-watch instead. His eyes came to rest on a boy his age. He tugged at Eri's long hair, suggesting she walk in that direction; almost like leading a pony. The girl let out another chuckle and moved that way.

((omg you're so good at writing XD *totally intimdated now* lolz))  

Erina_Nobara

Sugary Snack

Reseil Mesai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:39 pm
(( Oh you, I am not. xd I just like to play around with my work. ))

Sapphire eyes ascended to meet those of his peer. Their common bond was unmistakable. Victor knew him without words, without shallow perceptions. The boy was an Illusion, just as he was, and that in itself made him worthy to be tolerated. Victor quickly tucked the minute notepad into his pocket and readjusted Mr. Rabbit infront of him. The dull glass marbles stared at the stranger with an intensity equaling that of a living creature, but no movement stirred the stained burlap fray. "Mother..."

The soft utterance of her newly bestowed title caused ebony tipped mane to sway as Josie turned to look at him. He didn't speak again, but knowing him as well as she did, she followed his gaze in compensation. That which he beheld was rather interesting and so she set aside the novel she'd been leafing through to face the woman and her charge. They seemed to be penned into life, though through two different worlds. The darker forming of spider-thin lace that clung to her endowed frame was a sharp contrast to the more easy going jeans and halter. Not that she didn't unconsciously note how it certainly wasn't an unwelcome change from her clothes... Josie dismissed it and smiled. "Hello there, I hope I'm not blocking you off from the manga."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:55 pm
((heehee suriously! XD <3))

"Oh hello! Not at all. You're not in the way," Eri replied with a smile. She was in a strangely chipper mood today. Perhaps it was because she was getting to spend more time outdoors then cooped-up working at the Manor. But it made Daichi happy to see her happy.

Though his attention now was focused on Victor. Someone like me.... he thought with a smile. He immediately motioned for his mother to put him down next to the boy. Somehow he just knew they were alike in origin; another Illusionary.

"Well, it seems Daichi wants to be friends. Oh! And I haven't even introduced myself!" She blushed a little in embarassment, folding her ears down in a cute, apologetic manner, and bowed. "Gomen nasai, my name is Eri Nightshade, head of Nightshade Manor. I-I'm not usually so... ditzy..." she added, for lack of a better word. She had spotted the other's pretty, dressier clothes-and suddenly felt a little under-dressed, and so sbut she quickly set that aside. These two seemed nice enough. Maybe they could all be friends. Daichi needed more playmates, other than the crazy residents of their home.

Daichi folded his pink blossom wings, as a breeze slightly caressed them and sent the boys bangs, dangling in his face. He brushed them away with one hand and reached out the other to shake.  

Erina_Nobara

Sugary Snack

Reseil Mesai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:27 pm
Josie chuckled softly, swiping away an errant strand of her tresses. "It's fine, really. I'm usually not so...lacy. You could call these my work clothes, so to speak." For wasn't work more common these days than apprenticeship? Her personal practices weren't so much the world's concern, in her opinion. What mattered was the goings on about them here. Said goings on involving their tots. Josie gently pushed her fingertips to Victor's back, encouraging him. "It's nice to make new friends, isn't it?" her attention turned back towards Eri, "My name is Josie Arrikanez, by the by. It's nice to make your acquaintance."

The excess encouragement was not so needed to get him to respond to this Daichi as it was to get him to shake. He hadn't met many his own age, so he was tactful as to how he went about it. He reached out and took Daichi's hand delicately, shaking it once. "My name is Victor, this is Mr. Rabbit." To which he released the other and gestured to the one he held.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:42 pm
"Nice to meet you, may I call you 'Josie' then?" Eri asked. "You can call me Eri if you want. Actually I think your outfit is very pretty," she added, silently wondering what sort of work Josie did. "And friends are a wonderful thing to have, right Daichi?"

The little boy nodded, as his hand was shaken. "Hello Victor sir, and Mr. Rabbit." His eyes lit up at the bunny. It vaguely reminded him of a 'stuffed animal' he had at home, though he wasn't really sure it was a rabbit exactly. And there was the small problem that it spoke to him on occasion. But he wan't quite sure what a Legdem was, undoubtably it was actually alive, but Daichi wasn't sure if Eri knew that, so he said nothing. I wonder if Mr. Rabbit is alive, he thought curiously. If a stuffed animal was alive, was it really a stuffed animal at all? A quizical expression briefly crossed his face before it lit up again with enthusiasm. Why not ask? "Does Mr. Rabbit talk too?" he questioned, in a somewhat shy manner. He didn't want the question to come off as offensive or anything.

((Ledgem is a strange-looking creature that.... acutally guarded the gate to teh Underworld in Rhapsody a Musical Adventure. It just sits in Daichi's bed and talks to him. xD And Daichi's like '.....is this normal' O.o;;;
*finds pic* Ledgem He's not really important to Daichi's history though. He's just sorta there. xD; *rambles more*))  

Erina_Nobara

Sugary Snack

Reseil Mesai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:56 pm
"Of course, Josie's alright. I like your outfit to, Eri. The top compliments your hair very nicely."

Victor pondered the question. Of course he talked, that's why he was MR. Rabbit - and not some dumb bunny toy. Despite being one of his only "toys" Victor did know the normal differential though. Mr. Rabbit wasn't really supposed to be talking. Other people couldn't hear him, he'd managed to discover, and he already made his mother a little uneasy. Thus, without but a few seconds passing, he shook his head. "No, of course not." A little white lie in lieu of a very dark look that passed from Mr. Rabbit towards the boy.

(( Mr. Rabbit is a possessed plush toy, just for the record. xd He can't be heard but anyone but Victor, and doesn't move unless no one is around. ))

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:12 pm
"Why thank you," she said, her cheeks turning just a shade of pink. She was always a sucker for compliments, though she'd never admit it. Turning her head, a little perplexed by Daichi's question, she listened to the two boy's conversation.

"Oh I see," Daichi replied with a wise nod. Maybe it wasn't normal for stuffed animals to talk. Maybe then something should be done about Ledgem, though it didn't seem dangerous at least. He'd make note to interrogate the creature later. He hadn't even noticed the glare Mr. Rabbit gave Victor. Shrugging lightly, he smiled once more and decided to move onto a new topic. He had seen that Victor had a notepad. He wondered what was on it. They were at a manga lot, maybe it was drawings? So he asked the next thing on his mind, trying to learn more about this new and possible friend. "Do you like to draw?"

Seeing that the strange question was now no longer the topic of interest, Eri focused back on Josie. "I like art myself. I write and illustrate manga on the side. And I just love to read it. How about you? I would guess you're a fan too since you're here and all. But I could be wrong." ^^

((oooooh *is intrigued* xD))  

Erina_Nobara

Sugary Snack

Reseil Mesai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:21 pm
Josie shrugged a little. "I dabble here and there. I'm particularly interested in the horror mystery genre..."

Draw? Well, it was a way of drawing, he supposed. Victor pulled out his notepad and allowed him to see what he had been working on. On the opposite end of the spectrum, Victor didn't know that musical composition was not considered normal for a young child. The entire page was scathed with scales, notes, ledgers, and observations in tone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:40 pm
"Oh-oh wow," Daichi mumbled in awe. He wasn't sure what it was, but it looked neat. He had only ever seen those on the papers that Baron occasionally flung around when he felt like dressing as a Jrocker. Of course little Daichi still didn't understand that Baron was actually someone else at those points in time. Multiple Personality Disorder and Ghost Possession was something far beyond his understanding. The way he saw it, his momma's friend was just crazy and liked to dress up a lot. "It's so pretty! What is it exactly?" he asked, a little embarassed that he didn't know.

"Oooh horror mysteries. I have to admit I like those too. Though I'll read just about anything. I've read some XXXHOLiC (supernatural stuff), Vampire Doll(comedy actually), and Case Closed. But I also like fantasy, and action. Romance too." She picked up one of the books nearby. "This is one of my favorites. It's called Rozen maiden. About an alchemist and these dolls he made." Eri had yet to notice what was on Victor's notepade. If she had, she probably would have been gawking in amazed shock. The child was brilliant!  

Erina_Nobara

Sugary Snack

Reseil Mesai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:22 pm
Victor looked at the paper for a moment before starting. "Music. B minor dirge of distortion." Or in other words, his own musings. He didn't know why he liked the way the differentiation in pitch and emotion made the piece sound. Granted, a requiem was supposed to be more somber. After all, it was a funeral piece, though the boy did not seem overly cynical about the matter of context. "I like it a lot, in my head. I have to see what it sounds like on the piano first."

"I don't have any particular favorites. I only read them in my spare time, for entertainment." Meaning she didn't stalk them issue to issue. She did have a few that she collected here and there, though she usually only got to read them half way before her work began. Glancing over the selection she pointed at a copy of Bizenghast. "That one isn't too bad. The art is good, the plot straightforward."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:33 pm
"Gosh, I've never seen music before. I've only heard it. So this is what it looks like..." Daichi mused. He rather liked the look of, and fluttered his wings a little in approval. He wished he had a talent like that, but none came to mind: perhaps it was all a matter of perspective. After all, mommy would say he was talented at times. "You play piano? That's amazing! I wish I knew how to play an instrument. I spend most of my time making pictures and singing." Now singing had never occured to the boy as actually qualifying as music; he had always thought of them as two different things for some reason. But he was actually quite good at it, though he didn't sing out of books or anything, he only repeated songs that he had heard before whether it be on tv, the radio, or what he remembered from dreams. "I like singing though, whatever I hear..." he stated quietly, not sure if that really counted or not.

"Bizenghast! I remember reading about it once. I first saw the art on a website I frequent. She's really good. I like the style, it's unique compared to others. I guess it hadn't come out yet here when I first started looking for it. I suppose I gave up, and sort of forgot... heh... But it does look like something I'd read. I'll have to try it. I'm glad you pointed it out to me," Eri said with a smile, picking up the manga.

((teh artist is on DeviantArt. xD I had her on my watchlist for a while. True story! I really did look for it for a long time and gave up. XD *gave up too soon apparently* though my book store sometimes doesn't carry entire series of books I want. Like Zombie Loan. They stopped at book 1. xD I had to watch the rest online. xD; ))  

Erina_Nobara

Sugary Snack

Reseil Mesai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:15 pm
Victor nodded, unsure of just what to say upon the vocal arts. He didn't listen to much in the way of it so there was no educated response to the boy. "Singing...is alright. I prefer instrumental pieces."

"Oh, that's a pity. It's one of the few I collect." For what else would dwell within an apprentice's reading list? "I mostly read texts and such. The Human Anatomy Composed is one of the more interesting pieces."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:26 am
"Anatomy eh?" This peeked Eri's interest even more; her taste in manga, the way she dressed, her choice in books. "Do you mind, may I ask what your job is?" was the question that escaped her lips. Perhaps this was a person she could talk to about her x-excorcist/alchemist ward, amongst other things.

"I see," Daichi replied, his pale cheeks turning a little red. He wasn't sure what else to say. He'd never really been able to hold a conversation with someone his own age, and he wasn't sure what else to say or talk about. Instrumental pieces? "Well sometimes, the man we live with, Baron, he plays guitar. Sometimes he even dresses like a rocker. He's kinda strange though. His personality is always changing. Sometimes he doesn't even remember certain conversations we had just awhile before," he finished, looking a little disapointed.

Eri's eyes grew wide in slight panic. Did Daichi really have to bring that up. She'd have a doozy trying to explain that one. What would she tell them? That he had multiple personality syndrome.....or the truth......he was possessed? Well the multiple personalities wasn't really a lie. But the cause of it was...different.

Eri forced a smile, and patted Daichi on the head, and gave a nervous laugh, unsure if the woman she was talking to was paying attention to the children's conversation at all.

((sorry took so long to reply xD <3))  

Erina_Nobara

Sugary Snack

+Illusionary+

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas