Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yay Or Nay
  yay
  nay
View Results

Gaylord Mule 3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:00 pm
I move to coin this phrase. i'm fed up with the words"i became a goth..." goth is in the heart and thus we have as far as our memory goes always been goth. but to come out can describe when one first started dressing the part.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:18 pm
Lazarus The Resurected
I move to coin this phrase. i'm fed up with the words"i became a goth..." goth is in the heart and thus we have as far as our memory goes always been goth. but to come out can describe when one first started dressing the part.
freshmen year, i just gradulaly started dressing in more black, no shorts. Also revoked my current religion and everything. Thats basically what happened my mum put up a short battle and that was it.  

Hunter of the Dammed

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:33 pm
Hunter of the Dammed
freshmen year, i just gradulaly started dressing in more black, no shorts. Also revoked my current religion and everything. Thats basically what happened my mum put up a short battle and that was it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
QFT

That's what went on with me, too.

Funny though, I've come out of the closet, the broom closet, the wardrobe...
I like this "casket" term, I've always wanted a term like that for "coming out" as goth. XD

Simim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:48 pm
Simim
Hunter of the Dammed

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
QFT

That's what went on with me, too.

Funny though, I've come out of the closet, the broom closet, the wardrobe...
I like this "casket" term, I've always wanted a term like that for "coming out" as goth. XD

Simim

ok homosexual, witch, goth but i have no idea what teh wardrobe signifies.  

Gaylord Mule 3

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:55 pm
Couldn't tell you when I started I can tell you when I stopped though.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:49 pm
Rellik San

stopped?  

Gaylord Mule 3

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:22 pm
Started dressing the part....I tried when I was 10 but I got beaten up by certain individuals, so I was too afraid to do anything else for 2 years, then I started to aquire a "gothy" wardrobe, and it's still not complete. Put it this way, if it was complete I probably wouldn't be here and typing these things to you. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:53 pm
Sometime in sixth grade I started wearing black and listening to Evanescence and generally being the most annoying babybat ever. *hangs head in shame* Then in about sophomore year in high school I started listening to goth music and finding places other than Hot Topic to shop at.  

j3ll0_m0nk3y

High-functioning Shapeshifter

17,000 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Ghost Hunter 250

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:57 pm
I remember beginning to listen to Cure and Joy Division at some point early my sophomore year... followed by later getting things like buckled boots and nifty jewelry.
Then in the following summer, I began to get a strong interest in DIY - fabric paint especially.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:14 pm
Lazarus The Resurected
Rellik San

stopped?

Oh yeah I stopped being goth, because my tastes sort of floated away from goth into thrash and power metal, so I went with them... that was when I was about 13.  

Rellik San
Crew

Deleted Accnt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:28 pm
When I was about 12/13. I went shopping one day and came home with black clothes. My mum thought it was just a phase.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:17 am
From the moment that I picked up my first Marilyn Manson album, I knew it.
A lot of people can't exactly classify the kind of rock that he plays, but you can't help but look at him at first and think "goth".
Too many people say that he gives goths a bad name, and thus that is why so many deject him as so, but his message is clear: nonconformity.
His views are a lot like my own, and in saying that I am pledging that I am a goth in the heart, and in the soul. mrgreen  

Bloody Ocean Romantic

Gaylord Mule 3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:18 pm
ever read his book?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:59 pm
I couldn't say.
I've always been a bit gothy at heart.
But I have only started considering myself one recently.
I think I still have yet to "come out".
xD  

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:07 pm
Bloody Ocean Romantic
From the moment that I picked up my first Marilyn Manson album, I knew it.
A lot of people can't exactly classify the kind of rock that he plays, but you can't help but look at him at first and think "goth".
Too many people say that he gives goths a bad name, and thus that is why so many deject him as so, but his message is clear: nonconformity.
His views are a lot like my own, and in saying that I am pledging that I am a goth in the heart, and in the soul. mrgreen

Lol wut  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces