Reply The Twilight Movie
Tis Interesting.......

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

6vampire6mistress6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:23 pm
You know, ever since it was announced that Robert Pattinson was going to play Edward, I've seen SOOOO many girls who claim to be in love with him. They put it in their signatures, their profiles, they've got I heart Pattinson shirts, they have him on posters and they'll send up fireworks declaring that he is "theirs".

Now, I don't have a problem with this, but it's interesting...

This same guy was in Harry Potter as Cedric, and NO ONE CARED. I'm sure there were some girls who were taken by him, but the majority of girls I spoke said "EW, I don't want HIM to be Cedric!!" And oh sure, now that he's EDWARD they chase after him. Funny how that goes...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:00 am
It's only because these girls are in love with a fictional character from a book. The funny part about it is, is that we have no idea what he looks like. Now, since this Robert is suppose to look like Edward....yeah.

I find the whole, "oh my gosh edward is sooo dreamy and hot," thing to be really pathetic. :/
The book is good, yes, I understand. BUT GEEZE.

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

6vampire6mistress6

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:02 am
Exactly. I love Edward, don't get me wrong! But you're right, we don't know what he looks like since everyone has a different image of him in their mind.... and I bet not ONE of them matches Stephenie's image!!

It's just funny that most Potter fans complained about Robert being Cedric but now that he's Edward those same people who hated him then absolutely adore him now rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:01 pm
I think he is good for Edward, but I am not crazy about him! I hate it when these people only like people because their in a movie or something!  

Emo Oompa Loompa

LexiLu Latte

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:55 pm
Punky-Perfect
I think he is good for Edward, but I am not crazy about him! I hate it when these people only like people because their in a movie or something!

exactly  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
What's wrong with liking people because they're in a movie? How else are you supposed to know about them?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

KiraLight
Crew

Emo Oompa Loompa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:58 pm
KiraLight
What's wrong with liking people because they're in a movie? How else are you supposed to know about them?

lol, I am talking about the people who get obsessed over people just because there playing a certain role!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:15 pm
Oh..right..lol

Well..okay, Im' going to give my opinion..just..let me think of how to put it into words...

Um..I think the reason why people are so obsessed about Robert now is that they're actually noticing and acknowledging him.
Maybe it's just me because I wasn't a huge fan of the Harry Potter movies, but when I watched the Goblet of Fire and I saw him as Cedric Diggory I was just like, okay he's really not that good looking but whatever, keep watching the movie. I didn't know what his name was until after and I was reading reviews on the movie and they casually mentioned Robert Pattinson.
But for people who were following the HP movies and news probably made a big deal about Robert. Much like how us Twilight fans who know the casting news the day it's announced.
Like..the news was really in your face kind of..like Robert is Edward! Instead of Cedric is Robert. Also Cedric Diggory was in like 1 book..whoever got cast for Edward would most definitely get more hype than whoever was cast for Cedric..

Hasn't it ever happened to you where you are watching a movie and there's this character that you just fall in love with, so you go look the actor up and realize he was in a movie you've seen before?

For example, Ellen Page. Look at all the hype she got about Juno! Like 90% of the people I know didn't even realize she was Kitty for XMen.

An example that applies to me, Isla Fisher. I absolutely LOVED her in Wedding Daze and after seeing Wedding Crashers she became one of my favorite actresses ever. I looked her up and WTH, she was in Scooby Doo? NO way!

I could list alot more examples but this is getting quite long so hopefully it wasn't too confusing. It was hard to put what I was trying to say into words..it made sense in my head..but what I'm basically saying is that the character an actor is playing definitely makes a huge difference in people's reaction towards them. If they're a big and anticipated character in a movie (e.g. Edward Cullen) obviously more people are going to check him out and there's a big chance that alot of those people are going to find him attractive.

KiraLight
Crew

rags to ribbons

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:54 pm
ehh... at first i didnt like him for the part of Edward. but after seeing him in the Goblet of Fire, i changed my mind.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:08 pm
No... I'll see one movie that an actor I like is in and then I'll go and see if they're in other movies.

What I'm tired of is how girls who used to not like him and said he sucked in GOF are now saying "OMG, Robert!! He's so hot, I've always loved him, he's my favorite person in the world!!" and it's only because he's Edward.

And in my opinion, he's not even so great and never really was. Talented sure, but wrong for the roles he's done.  

6vampire6mistress6

xe brat prince

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:26 pm
It Doesn't Make Any Sense, That's Why I Trust It.
I'm Involved Now.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

{> He's HP's Cedric?
Huh. I had no idea.

x-x

He really screwed up his hair.
I think he'd look waaaaay cuter and better for the part if he had it like in HP.

As for girls pining over him, it's merely the fact that he's playing a great character. They'd pine over anyone doing that part.

I honestly think its... Well, to put it bluntly, dumb, but I'm not one of the girls doing that.
In fact, when I saw who was gonna play Edward, I screamed at the computer....

^-^;;;

I don't think he looks good enough to play Edward. Or at least not with that hair! x-x Ugh, sorry, I can't get over that.
<}

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
You Jump I Jump, Right?
I'll Never Let Go, I'll Never Let Go.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:46 pm
Yeah..his hair looks really...stupid..I'm sorry..that might be a little harsh, but that's the first word that came to my head when I saw the pictures of him in character. Even though I don't think he's good looking, he looked alot better as Cedric...

KiraLight
Crew

beiber_fever69

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:38 pm
I was having the idea that everyone hates Robert Pattinson for playing Edward. They're like" Wtf he's not Edward", Seriously I love him. ;/ But all my friends think Im a f** for it. I liked him as Cedric , and I like him as Edward.
Why does it matter if people like or don't like him? He's an actor , and hes playing different characters. No one really knows him.

Lol @ his hair. I think its adorable.
Im a nerdd.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:43 pm
I love Robert Pattinson. <33
I didn't care until now, 'cause I never saw the HP movies. >___>;
Sad, I realize that.

Robert Pattinson has such cute hair. Hehe. xD

misleading space shibe

6vampire6mistress6

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:53 pm
I don't have a problem with him exactly, I mean, he is a cutie pie... but not the first guy I'd stalk!!!

I just don't think he's ever been in a role that's truly HIM.

It just pisses me off that he looks drunk in so many pictures lol Have you noticed? He's not, but he blinks and he looks so stupid >< If you go to Stephenie's site and look at the pics of her and the cast, you'll see what I mean. The poor guy looks plastered!!!  
The Twilight Movie

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games