Reply Breaking Dawn
A Midsummer nights dream... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilWarlordGu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:53 am
Has anyone else done this topic? that Breaking dawn is supposed to be LOOSELY based on "A Midsummer Nights Dream?" Like Twilight was based on "Romeo and Juliet" (Very loosely).

Breakdown of midsummer nights dream MAIN couple's plot:
Hermia and Lysander are in love. Helena loves Demetrius. Demetrius loves Hermia.
One day, they go into a fairy-infested wood and get caught up in a love potion.
Lysander now loves Helena. Demetrius now loves Helena. Both want Helena, not Hermia now.
BUT it's a COMEDY, which in shakepeare terms means that everyone gets married at the end (Lysander to Hermia, and Demetrius to Helena, which is VERY unfair to Demetrius, since he doesn't REALY love Helena, and it's just an affect of him getting hit with yet another love potion after everyone else get's their potions neutralized.....)

Now, if I were to translate this to Breaking Dawn terms:
Love potion=imprinting
Lysander=Edward
Hermia=Bella
Demetrius=Jacob
Helena=MYSTERY of the YEAR!

Since it's LOOSELY based on Midsummer, I'd say it will go as far as this:
Edward loves bella. bella loves Edward. Jacob loves Bella. Jacob takes a love potion and fall for (AKA imprints) on random chick X. Jacob really loves bella, and your left feeling it's completely unfair that he's forced to love someone else, but, well, s**t happens. Bella and Edward get married and everything is happily ever after! yay!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:47 pm
Interesting theory.
And if you're right, then mystery girl is most likely Leah.

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

I_Luv_Gaara

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:10 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
Interesting theory.

CAN'T happen.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:23 pm
I_Luv_Gaara
Pubic Genital Lice
Interesting theory.

CAN'T happen.

Maybe something mystery happens.
It IS a fictional book you know.

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

IceKittyeKat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:56 am
Hmm.. interesting theory. But in the end of a Midsummer Nights Dream everything works out for the BEST. I don't like the idea of it being Leah (mostly because we would KNOW if it were Leah by now) but still. I can't think of anyone that would be perfect for Jacob.

Few girls that it may apply to :

1. Angela
2. Leah
3. Jessica

some of the girls mentioned but I don't think a new girl will show up.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:12 am
That is a really good theory and I don't think it will be Leah.
Maybe Angela and it's most likely not Jessica :/

I highly doubt Stephenie would add a new character to the book for such an important plot-line (even though you could be wrong).

the house of gaunt

Fashionable Flatterer

10,700 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hero 100
  • Signature Look 250

moffity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:50 am
Quote:
Stephenie is also influenced by classical books. Twilight was loosely tied to Pride and Prejudice, and New Moon was more obviously influenced by “Romeo and Juliet”. She said that future books will NOT be as strongly linked to another story as New Moon was.

I don't think she would totally rip off of Shakespeare's play http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/?p=274<Type in romeo, the first highlight you get)

Quote:

Q. Did Jacob imprint on Bella?

A. No. And this is how you can be sure: in New Moon, after the first time Jacob becomes his wolf phase, he is mean to Bella. He won't tell her what is wrong. He says he can't see her anymore. If he'd imprinted on Bella in that moment (and it happens the first time you see the person after you've phased), he would have answered all her questions. Pretty much, he would have given her anything in the world she wanted. (When he's staring at her on the bottom of page 173 in Eclipse, he's trying to make himself imprint on her. But that's not something you can force.)

This applies to Leah because he's already met her http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/ecl_faq.html  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:39 pm
La Vie en Blanc

I highly doubt Stephenie would add a new character to the book for such an important plot-line (even though you could be wrong).

I think that she might not have to add a new character. Why not Jane? I don't think Jake has met Jane...

alicecullen021

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:31 pm
alicecullen021
La Vie en Blanc

I think that she might not have to add a new character. Why not Jane? I don't think Jake has met Jane...
Hon, she's a vampire. He'd want to kill her and she'd want to kill him.
I understand that it'd be like Edward and Bella's relationship, but Bella doesn't want to kill Edward, and Edward doesn't want to kill her anymore.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:28 am
The Kraken
alicecullen021
La Vie en Blanc

Hon, she's a vampire. He'd want to kill her and she'd want to kill him.
I understand that it'd be like Edward and Bella's relationship, but Bella doesn't want to kill Edward, and Edward doesn't want to kill her anymore.
Quite True. It would be interesting though.  

alicecullen021

Xenologista

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:57 am
EvilWarlordGu
Has anyone else done this topic? that Breaking dawn is supposed to be LOOSELY based on "A Midsummer Nights Dream?" Like Twilight was based on "Romeo and Juliet" (Very loosely).

Breakdown of midsummer nights dream MAIN couple's plot:
Hermia and Lysander are in love. Helena loves Demetrius. Demetrius loves Hermia.
One day, they go into a fairy-infested wood and get caught up in a love potion.
Lysander now loves Helena. Demetrius now loves Helena. Both want Helena, not Hermia now.
BUT it's a COMEDY, which in shakepeare terms means that everyone gets married at the end (Lysander to Hermia, and Demetrius to Helena, which is VERY unfair to Demetrius, since he doesn't REALY love Helena, and it's just an affect of him getting hit with yet another love potion after everyone else get's their potions neutralized.....)

Now, if I were to translate this to Breaking Dawn terms:
Love potion=imprinting
Lysander=Edward
Hermia=Bella
Demetrius=Jacob
Helena=MYSTERY of the YEAR!

Since it's LOOSELY based on Midsummer, I'd say it will go as far as this:
Edward loves bella. bella loves Edward. Jacob loves Bella. Jacob takes a love potion and fall for (AKA imprints) on random chick X. Jacob really loves bella, and your left feeling it's completely unfair that he's forced to love someone else, but, well, s**t happens. Bella and Edward get married and everything is happily ever after! yay!

i started reading it and the similarities were apparent immeadiately  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:51 am
Wikipidia says that breaking dawn is based on two novels. One of then was midsummer but the other one has not yet been announced so that one may have a bigger hold on the ending. I just hope that Romeo and Juliet doesn’t get mentioned again because that would mean a bad ending was probably coming. gonk  

Blade678

drea lee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:52 am
not leah cos he already met her; he would have imprinted already.
maybe not jessica or angela cos i just can't see either of them being brought into the middle of the vampire/werewolf scene.
plus jake did go to the school once in eclipse, so if they were near he may have like, sensed something.
but just judging how The Host ended, i think breaking dawn will end happily..  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:29 pm
Blade678
Wikipidia says that breaking dawn is based on two novels. One of then was midsummer but the other one has not yet been announced so that one may have a bigger hold on the ending. I just hope that Romeo and Juliet doesn’t get mentioned again because that would mean a bad ending was probably coming. gonk
Yeah...but that would be bitter sweet. crying  

WineChan

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:23 pm
hmm I can see right away where the similarities are.
Somehow, I don't think we're done with Jane yet...
Ok heres a question from the Eclipse FAQ off Stephenie's website:

Quote:
Q. Can a werewolf imprint on a vampire? What happens if a vampire bites a werewolf? Will Renee and Charlie flip out about the engagement? Is Jacob gone forever? Will Bella have a superpower as a vampire?

A. I'm not going to comment on any speculations about future events. No matter what the answer is (ex: *snort* "No, that's crazy!"), I'm still giving you something about the future. I don't want to spoil anything about book four.

So now we see the "Can a werewolf imprint on a vampire" question has been asked, and Stephenie didn't answer incase she gave anything away.
Now this doesn't mean a werewolf will(or can) imprint on a vampire, but now we know it is a possibility. So I'm thinking maybe Jacob imprints on Jane and Jane kills him! (haha I'm just looking for places Jacob can be killed off now) Okay, well, we all know that probably won't happen, but I'm pretty sure Jane has a much larger part in the series than we're led to believe...
So I still think that mystery chick X is Jane, and remember its loosly based on Midsummer Nights Dream, so that means that Mystery Chick X doensn't have to be the one Jacob falls in love with.. Okay well my thoughts are a wee bit on the scrambled side because I only just started thinking abou this right now so I'm just writing what comes to mind.
I'm having a little bit of trouble forming my thoughts into coherent sentences, so hopefully you get the idea of what I'm trying to explian here...

Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff