Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:17 am
User Image

Aaah the lake was nice.

Nsundu hummed absently to herself as she waded in the shallows of Lake Victoria, searching the ground for some pretty shells. With all the new life in the pride, certainly Vinya and Muujiza needed more pretty things to help make the necklaces. While it was customary for a mother to pass down a piece of her jewellery to each child, the lioness rather liked the idea of giving a child more pieces of jewellery as they got older. It made for some very nice sounds when the pride danced together, which they would be doing soon. The end of the summer was drawing to a close, and soon it would be time to welcome the rains.

The lioness grinned inwardly as she flung a shell up onto the beach. That would look nice on a necklace. Perhaps later she would go into the forested area to look for cocoons. They would need enough cocoon bracelets for the dangers at the ceremony. But for now, the day was hot enough that Nsundu was content to bask in the shallow waters and pick up shells.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:10 am
User Image

Mawi Mai was off doing her own little thing. She enjoyed spending time with her family, her sister, and her group of boys her and her sister gathered. But right now she was pretty happy being byherself but company wouldn't hurt.

She giggled as she danced around her drum. The shakers that were braided around her front paws and two parts of her tail, bounced around as she did making a rattling sound. She and her sister just got back from both of their own drum quests, she was happy to be back.

Mawi Mai blinked as she noticed a brown figure heading her way, they had lot's of brown lions in the pride, but this one was older witch could only mean one thing. It had to be Nsundu, the leader of the pride.

Mawi's ears went foreward as she smiled. "Hello!" She called out.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:55 pm
The sound of shakers caused Nsundu to look up from the lake, brown eyes glancing about to see where the sound had come from. It was always easy to hear a Nchi'mahadhi pride member coming from the clinking of their jewellery. Unless, of course, they were a huntress like Binafsi. A huntress couldn't risk making that much noise when they were stalking their prey, and so they wore no jewellery. The Malenga could never hear Binafsi coming, but she supposed it was worth it. Binafsi provided well for their pride.

Nsundu spotted Mawi as she got closer, recognizing her lineage by colour alone. This must be Taka's sister! After all, no one else in the pride was such a bright colour. The lioness had never met the father of Isithunzi's cubs, but she assumed he must have been a very brightly coloured male to have produced two daughters who were so yellow. It even looked like this young lioness had bits of red on her. "Hey there! Fancy a dip in the lake?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Mawi Mai giggled as she wandered her way to the older female. "Sure!" She said with a giggle before looking up at her. "Are you Nsundu?" She asked with a slight tone of disbeilif. "You have to be!" She grinned. Her sister told her of the Malenga. She rembered her sister talking about the all brown lioness. Mawi looked over at her drum. She was sure no one was going to take it but she always worryed when she put it down.

She looked up her sky blue eyes hopful. She really never seen many with only one color, no markings. But as she looked at the Malenga she noticed small parts like her feet and ears were a diffrent tone, slightly darker then the rest of her.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:38 pm
As Mawi got closer, Nsundu's suspicions were confirmed. Yup, there was definitely some red on that little lioness, and she was definitely almost as bright as her sister. With such distinct family colorings in the Nchi lands, it was never hard to tell which child belonged to whom. The greens and the blues were Juke and Muujiza's, anything with a lot of white or pink was Vinya's, anything with a lot of cream and brown was Binafsi's, and so on and so forth. It made identifying children so much easier, and for that Nsundu was glad. She liked being able to tell who was who.

"Of course I am! The only pure brown lioness in the whole pride. Not too easy to forget, even if I am sometimes mistaken for a log." Aaah Banjoko. She would never let him live that down, even in memory. "You must be Isithunzi's daughter. Your sister is Taka, yeah?" She remembered that one. So full of energy, and it looked like this one was too. "You can leave the drum there. We won't be going in too far, and I doubt anyone would try and pass of your drum as their own."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:06 pm
"Ok." She looked back at her drum one last time before doing a lion like skip back up to her. She giggled a bit as she weaved around the female going from one side to another. "That funnny." She giggled about her being thought of as a log, she wasn't that brown... or was she?

She nodded. "Yes Isithunzi is my mother and Taka is my sister." She smiled. "I love them both." She said as she stuck out her chest.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:30 am
"One of my friends said it to me once. He was pacing back and forth and back and forth, and then all of a sudden he's like 'Oh hi! I didn't even see you there. I thought you were a log!' Honestly, I don't know how he did it, but he apologized for it after." Nsundu grinned widely at the memory. "I was just laying there like a log, so I guess it was an honest mistake. Maybe he'd met a few breathing logs, who knows?" Males were always a puzzle.

Nsundu chuckled a little at Mawi's declaration. Of course she loved them. Who didn't love their family? "You look like your mother, a little at least. Well, if your mother is Isithunzi and your sister is Taka, what should I call you?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:49 pm
Mawi Mai giggled at her story. It was a interesting one, well males were weird. "It 'd make more sence." She laughed as she trotted at the older female's side.

"Ah, Yes I do. Mainly my tail..." Her voice trailed bit she wished she looked more like her mother then her father, some one that was around in her life. She smiled once more. "I am Mawi Mai. It means Harmony dance." She was alway proud of her name, it fit. "Most call me Mawi though."

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:33 am
Nsundu smiled as she watched the young female who reminded her very much of Taka. They were both so full of energy and life, always moving about and eager to talk. It was probably the influence of their mother, the lioness had guessed, however it was hard to know exactly what Isithunzi did that encouraged her daughters to be like this. Kitambi wasn't like this, and Nsundu was certainly a lot more bouncy than Isithunzi. It was such a puzzle.

"Mawi then. You have a very pretty name." So there was sun and dirt and harmony dance. Huh. Maybe Nsundu should ask Isithunzi to help her name things. She seemed really good at it. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you in person. You finished your drum quest, I see. Did you enjoy it?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:51 pm
Mawi Mai grinned at her comment about her name She also blushed slightly. "Thank you." She said with a smile. She nodded to her talking about the drum quest. "Yep!" She said as she puffed out her chest proudly. "It wasn't bad, I heard that my sister got lost. I just got hit in the head with a coconut because of a Baboon." She giggled a bit.  

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:02 pm
"Your sister got lost? Haha, I was waiting for the day that somebody got lost and we had to go looking for them. It's understandable. You guys haven't really been out into the real world. Still, I'm glad that she came back alright." That was one of the benefits of having a smaller pride. Everyone knew everyone – or at least, had seen or heard of them in passing – so it was easy to tell when someone was missing for longer than usual. Nobody could wander too far from the Nchi'mahadhi lands before they were found by either Binafsi on her scouting routes, or their mother came after them. It was nice.

Nsundu couldn't help but laugh when Mawi mentioned a baboon. "They're pretty nasty creatures when they want to be. I never seen one up close, but I've heard lots of stories about them. Did he yell at you or just throw the coconut?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:48 pm
"Both." She laughed. "He started fussing then threw it at me and took off." She giggled a bit. "But when I was chasing him I just stopped and started beating on my drum... Like I needed to be hit with a coconut to help me." She giggled more as she bounced around the older female. She loved hanging around with other lions.

[[Sorry for my short posts. XD]]

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:22 pm
[ No worries <3 ]

"Ouch, talk about a hit and run." Still, the young lioness didn't seem too worried about her run-in with a baboon, so Nsundu wasn't too concerned. She had returned from her drum quest in one piece at least. That had to mean that nothing traumatic had happened to her. If the worst Nchi'mahadhi youth had to worry about was getting hit by a coconut when they were out on their drum quests than Nsundu had nothing to worry about. Wasn't like a knock on the heat did too much damage.

"Did he say anything to you? 'cause I heard this one story from a friend that there was once this baboon advisor to the king of a whole huge pride. I always wondered if they were actually smart or anything." They had to be at least somewhat smart. They stayed up in the trees away from lion's jaws. That alone was pretty smart.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:33 pm
Mawi Mai giggled at her 'hit and run' comment, well she was right, it was. She grinned as she trotted at the side of the older female, she was so nice. Then she had to think, did it talk? She smiled. "No I don't think it did, but is was laughing, like a hyena kind of laugh." She scrunched up her face. "I wasn't very happy with it, I tried to chase it down but I stopped instead and started beating on my drum."  

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:49 am
Hyena laugh? Baboons laughed like hyenas now? They were really weird. Nsundu never trusted them, and not necessarily because they had ever done anything to her. She had heard some good stories about them, some bad, but she couldn't get over their face. It was just so... weird. It didn't look right to her, and that meant that they couldn't be trusted.

"Ah well, I never seen one on the ground before. I guess if they're protected by other cats then they come down, but they don't seem to be very friendly." She would have to investigate this rumor about a baboon advisor one day. Perhaps she should as Safuma. Yeah, that sounded good. "See anything else on your drum quest?"

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff