Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply The Sims 2 Help
SERIOUS game problems ((((SOLVED))))

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shmarty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:45 pm
Okay so it started off small. I went into Jimmy's house (he's a vampire) and his fangs were a flashing blue color. I found out this is caused by CC (WHICH I DONT HAVE ANY OF) but I followed the instructions and fixed it. A few days later, I returnned to Jimmy's home and the last time I saved he was on his computer. Now his COMPUTER was a flashing blue color, I deleted the item and bought a new one. Then Jimmy bit Sara. She turnned into a vampire, no problem. Then Jimmy bit sara's daughter Lisa. Lisa's face turnned a very pale vampiric color but her body turnned a dark bluish vampiric color. WHATS GOING ON!?!?!?

I have NO (and I really mean NO CC or Hacks, I hardly even cheat).

PLEASE, please, please, help me!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:57 pm
It's not caused by CC, it's a Pets/Seasons glitch. No one is sure why it happens, and I don't think it was fixed with any patches. You could try downloading the Pets/Seasons patches (Providing you have one of those EPs), but otherwise I'm sorry, I haven't a clue as to what's going on. Try posting in MTS2's forums; maybe they could shed some light on the issue.

EDIT: It happens a lot with CC, but is caused by Pets/Seasons. I've never heard of the Maxis objects going wacky, other than the vamp fangs. I'd advise that you get rid of Jimmy and any glitched sims, but try MTS2. Really, they're an amazing resource. :]

User Image

Sanus Ex Machina

shmarty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:26 pm
Should I kill Jimmy, Lisa, and Sara? Should I just delete them...? I would just try getting rid of CC and hacks (but I don't have any rolleyes )  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:49 pm
Hmm... I say to kill them the normal way. Stick 'em in a pool or something.
I don't advise killing them with cheats, because that can have unpleasant consequences. >>;;

User Image

Sanus Ex Machina

shmarty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:08 am
Well, another way of getting rid of them is to just move them into a family bin then delete them.

I just don't know because I can't go on MTS2 because I don't have an account.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:25 am
I can ask for you if you'd like. I have an account.

User Image

Sanus Ex Machina

shmarty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:29 pm
That would be so great and super helpful!

No rush, I hardly get to play sims on weekdays anyway. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:01 pm
You did try the advised fix(es) for the blue accessories issue, right?

MTS2
Remove accessories from the Sims on the lot.
Save and quit.
Restart your computer.
Now come back into the game and you can put them back on the sim.

Another thing you can try is to delete the file 'accessories.cache' from your
My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2

EDIT: Are you on a Mac, or PC?

EDIT 2: Was Lisa wearing blush or makeup or something? 'Cause that could account for the skin oddities... :/

User Image

Sanus Ex Machina

shmarty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:23 am
I play on a PC, and When Jimmy's fangs were blue, I simply changed his make-up and did the rest...and Lisa was wearing some make-up while she was changed but I tried taking it off and the skin didn't change. For the computer being blue, I bought a new one and placed it in the house and it looked fine.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:48 pm
Delete the accessories cache file. I can't ask on the forums about it unless you've tried all possibilities and troubleshooted it to death. Last time I had major game issues, I was working a whole day trying all the possibilities. (Pool scripting issue. Oh, the horror D: )
Try EVERYTHING they prescribe in the FAQs. If none of that works, then I'll ask.

User Image

Sanus Ex Machina

shmarty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:28 pm
I don't really think I should be deleting files from my game! Plus I don't have a back-up.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:23 pm
Cache files are harmless to delete. But you could make a backup if you want before you start messing around with the game config. It's very simple, as long as you have the disk space. Otherwise, you'll have to write it to a disk.
To make a backup on the desktop, just copy your whole Sims2 folder and paste it to the desktop. That's all.
But I have no case on the forums unless you try everything advised.

User Image

Sanus Ex Machina

shmarty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:38 pm
I deleted Jimmy, Lisa, and Sara, plus the houses they were living (just to be safe!) and I haven't had any problems since. Thanks SOOOOO much for helping me, and continuing to help me, day after day. If I start having problems again I'll come here.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:32 pm
x3 You're very welcome.
Glad to be of service. :D

User Image

Sanus Ex Machina

The Sims 2 Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items