Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply JENOVA's Witnesses
Love Ta Meet'cha IRL! - A Convention Attendance List - 2008 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:15 pm
I love to meet Internet Freinds In Real Life! Particularly my guildies!

and I've found that the best place to do that is Conventions! So I wanted to find out where people are going! We'll make a list of conventions here and who's goin' where so those who want to can meet and greet their gaian freinds!! 3nodding

Califurr (May 16-18 )

* Ermak Lorde - I'm attending this one! 3nodding

Anime Central (May 16-18 )

Strategicon [a.k.a. Gamex] (May 23-26)

Fanime (May 23-26)

A-Kon (May 30 - June 1)

* Ermak Lorde - I might be going to this one! sweatdrop

Origins Game Fair (June 25-29)

Anthrocon (June 26-29)

Anime Expo (July 3-6)

* Ermak Lorde - I'm DEFINETALLY going to be here! xd

Comic-Con (July 24-17)

Blizzcon (August 3-4)

Otakon (August 8-10)

Gen Con (August 14-17)

SacAnime (August 29-31)

Strategicon [a.k.a. Gateway] (August 29 - September 1)

Kumoricon (August 30 - September 1 )

Dragoncon (August 29 - September 1)

Izumicon (?-?)

FFXI Fan Festival/ (? - ?)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:15 pm
The next Convention on my list is Califurr!!

is anyone else going?  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Cecil Helden
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:28 pm
I may go to Gencon with my sister or friend... not too sure

Um, you misspelled the title... just sayin'.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:43 pm
ah, so I did... *fixes*

Indy GenCon right? I really miss GenCon... we used to have one down here in Southern California... it's SERIOUSLY an Awsome Con!!  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Cecil Helden
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:17 pm
Yeah, Indy GenCon

I've never been, but my sister said "Hey, we should go sometime!" and I have a friend who I think would love it...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:09 pm
The Indy GenCon is supposed to be alot bigger than So-Cal was....

my suggestion is to find the "Wizards of the Coast" booth... at the So-Cal con, they'd have game testing every year, and I could always come out with swag worth more than the ticket to get in! wink

of course... if you don't like D&D or Magic and stuff... that might not work out so well for you.. confused  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Mariku -- Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:30 am
Anyone going to Anime Boston next year? xp  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:29 am
How about SacAnime? (or any of the small Sac-cons?)
http:// sacanime. com
www. sacramentocomics. com
(get rid of spaces)  

MysteryCorgi

Generous Entrepreneur

Kitrina Marcus

Dapper Gaian

3,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:39 am
Heyla Ermy, you put the wrong link for Gen-Con... it leads to the San Diego Comic-Con page.... Unless it's supposed to....  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:58 am
Anime Boston is a bit far for me.... I mean, Ideally I'd go to every convention I could! (but I drive to them mostly... sweatdrop )

*added SacAnime to the list* .. I hadn't actually heard of that one before, that's close enough to attend! I had to pass through Sacramento going to Sakuracon!

Have you ever been before? Is the Artist's Alley any good?

*fixed the gencon link*  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Mariku -- Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:04 pm
I know, I meant in general ^^;

I'd love to come to those cons~ But sadly I really can't, yet. I'll go freaking con hopping once I move to the west.*must graduate first*  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:13 pm
well.... my con-hopping keeps expanding it's radius, and if the convention has a good Artist's Alley, than it might be worth my while...

we'll see... I'll have my first AA-tables at "Califurr" this year.. and if THAT pans out well, I should be at A-Kon, followed by Anime Expo! (both with tables)... if THOSE all pan out well.... I'll be trying to find ways to attend the best conventions where-ever they're held. xd so who knows? maybe I'll be able to go to Anime Boston in a year or two. 3nodding

I want to try to attend Sakuracon again next year if I can too!  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

MysteryCorgi

Generous Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:25 pm
*Sweeeeet*
I go every year (except when I got kicked out of the house sweatdrop ) And it's REALLY fun. There are Two big ones in summer and Winter (1 each) and some smaller ones in between (the "saccons").

It's a really nice con. I mean, it has lots of people but it's not huge like AX. It has a very familial quality to it, like everyone is friends o at least knows each other. (It's the weirdest thing having about a hundred people chatting it up with you and knowing your name and following you around/fighting for your attention and you're not really sure who all of them are. XD)

The summer artists alley is better than the winter just because more people come. Some really cool people do amazing art and sell hats, and there's an awesome lady who does wigs, among other things. And Tim (This guy) has a really neat comic, and since I bought one he did magic tricks. (He's a professional magician.)

A friend and I might be doing a table.
Yes. There will be Mini-Vinis.

----
And in case any one is interested:
Oh, and my friend, who incidentally is a Rude cosplayer, also has one down in Silicon valley called, well, "SiliCon." It's in October and I'm trying to go.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:38 pm
xd : I'll see what I can do! Like I said... if I make good money at the Cons I'm attending I might be able to arrange for that one too! 3nodding that would be spiffy-cool!

I get that at AX alot too... sweatdrop as soon as anyone hears that I'm "Ermy" or "E-chan" all the sudden there's people I don't know around... User Image

Sounds like fun! XD and I want a MINI-VINNIE!! User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Mariku -- Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:35 am
I'm not really sure if ABs Artists Alley is considered good in comparison to other cons, but a lot of people do love going there. I bought some adorable keychains of Sephy, Vincent and Link there <3  
JENOVA's Witnesses

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff