Reply Buying and Advice
Vests... yeah, i went there.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:43 am
Ok, so... the prospect of me moving to AZ is looking better and better... And so are the possibility of me buying my very own DPMS M4.

that being said, no AR is complete... (in my book, which is very long)

without the proper tactical gear. Vest, thigh/drop down rigs.

I'm looking for a basic rifleman's vest, mags, mags and more mags. but i want a modular system. I want to be able to mount 6 mag pouches, but still put a 12gauge pouch on, and i need a place for a gas mask pouch.

I was looking into the Molle systems, which are pretty nice. but i wanted to get some feed back from people that might have been down this road already. (sierra, i'm expecting something from you)

maybe to better give you an idea of how i'm going to carry myself.

loadout:

M4, so at least four 2-mag pouches.
I'm also going to be carrying a 9mm, ruger. I'll figure out how to get a thigh holster for that later... but still 9mm mags.
fixed blade knife.

I want a butt pack, canteen/hydration system (i'll be living in AZ for christ sake.)

and all the little pockets one needs for useless survival crap. compass, radio, light... etc. etc.

suggestions welcome... i like educated input from those with operational experience...

i'm going to try.. yes, try to keep this whole project under the $200 mark. but we'll see. i told my wife that outside of the rifle i want... i'll be spending about another grand on equipment, ammo... and optics.

she scowled at me.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:45 pm
So you're not sure what to get exactly or you know what you want, just not where to get it?

If it's the latter:

www.cheaperthandirt.com
www.uscavalry.com  

ArmasTermin

I am an eggplant
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:57 pm
I'm not sure you could throw that together for <$200 unless you hit up CTD.
In the long run, you'd probably be better off saving up and getting a Blackhawk of some sort.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:21 pm
ArmasTermin
So you're not sure what to get exactly or you know what you want, just not where to get it?

If it's the latter:

www.cheaperthandirt.com
www.uscavalry.com

i want options...

i know basically what i want... its just a matter of putting it together. I've seen some of the vests that blackhawk, and some other's make... i'm not impressed. i mean those pre-made vests that you just throw on and go.

thats why i'm so attracted to molle. i can put it together the way i want. is there a particular maker, that makes a molle type vest that stands out, for a reasonable price?

i also was looking for experience, if you've used a particular brand/type and had good results...

thankies for the links  

Crash Maniac

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:56 pm
Crash Maniac
ArmasTermin

If it's the latter:

www.cheaperthandirt.com
www.uscavalry.com

i want options...

i know basically what i want... its just a matter of putting it together. I've seen some of the vests that blackhawk, and some other's make... i'm not impressed. i mean those pre-made vests that you just throw on and go.

thats why i'm so attracted to molle. i can put it together the way i want. is there a particular maker, that makes a molle type vest that stands out, for a reasonable price?

i also was looking for experience, if you've used a particular brand/type and had good results...

thankies for the links

That's why I like CTD--they have reviews on the products made by customers that on it, so you could get an idea of what to expect quality-wise before buying. And they're generally less expensive than most places. US Cavalry sells great, high-quality stuff, but is a tad overpriced in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:45 pm
i was noticing that on CTD... i saw a few things i might start a vest build off of. so thanks.

i was also considering getting an AK, over the AR... just for the sheer fact that the money i save off buying an AK alone will pay for gear...

just a thought.

I just like the damn AR so much.  

Crash Maniac

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:27 pm
Crash Maniac
i was noticing that on CTD... i saw a few things i might start a vest build off of. so thanks.

i was also considering getting an AK, over the AR... just for the sheer fact that the money i save off buying an AK alone will pay for gear...

just a thought.

I just like the damn AR so much.

I know exactly what you mean. I think I'll be going for an STG-2000, an AK variant with a black polymer stock. I love the AR, but it's just so damn expensive.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:21 pm
After talking with Sierra... I'm just going to get an AK for starters. Shoots cheaper, costs Cheaper... parts cheaper...

it'll hold me over till i can work up to getting my AR.

the gear still stands... biggrin but my question is... will AK mags fit into pouches meant of AR mags?

I've only dealt with AR's and its gear so i dont know.  

Crash Maniac

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:10 pm
steelhawkairsoft.com Duty Rated Gear available here!  
Buying and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games