Reply Buying and Advice
I kind of want a .223

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CptBlackKawk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:12 pm
Now, before anyone starts bringing up the AR...I want a bolt action. I'm not exactly rich.
I'm looking for a damn good .223 bolt, with magazines...Hopefully...That doesn't cost too terribley much.
I can find some damn cheap, but good .223 ammo, and I want something to go coyote hunting except for the Remington .22.
So, any help would be greatly appreciated...Especially if you could provide pictures.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:16 pm
well, i hate to say it...

but Remmington 700

Savage makes a pretty good bolt.

do some shopping, i've noticed lately some inconsistencies where bolt action's are concerned.

I've seen some pump action .223's that take AR mags. their pretty well priced. but i'm not sure if thats your thing.

Gunbroker

give that a whirl.  

Crash Maniac

CptBlackKawk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:32 pm
I was actually considering the Remmington 700.

But the thing is, on Gunbroker (where I've been looking for a .223 for weeks on), I can't find a single one for a lower price.
I mean, I understand that any gun's going to be expensive, but I was hoping lower than $500 to $700.

As for Savage, I don't know why, but I hate them. So much. I can't explain why, but whenver I see a Savage Arms gun, I get frustrated.

Pumps...That doesn't sound too great for me...I'd be a little wary if it since I've never used one or seen many of them.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:43 pm
ok, let me ask this...

whats it for? Long range? medium, tactical? dear? etc etc.  

Crash Maniac

CptBlackKawk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:08 pm
It's going to be for mostly medium, but maybe some medium range coyote shooting.

I dunno about there, but the minimum catridge you can hunt deer in is .243. That, and, we've already got a .243 that just needs a new scope.

I doubt this .223 will be used for much close range, if it's close range, I'll have my .22 with me and use that.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:44 pm
CptBlackKawk
It's going to be for mostly medium, but maybe some medium range coyote shooting.

I dunno about there, but the minimum catridge you can hunt deer in is .243. That, and, we've already got a .243 that just needs a new scope.

I doubt this .223 will be used for much close range, if it's close range, I'll have my .22 with me and use that.

ok, i know your working on a budget.. who isnt...

for that application, rem SPS sounds like a good shorter barrel, .223

Long rifles are not really my thing, I'm a CQB kind of guy. But thats my two cents.  

Crash Maniac

CptBlackKawk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:18 am
I'll check out that SPS, see what it's like.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:01 am
Remington 700, the US Marines still use it as a sniper weapon, and it's quite good if you need to reach out and touch someone.

prices vary from 500-1000. The ones here are about 700. It's a high quality gun though.  

Inquisitor Brock

tokarov

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:05 pm
Inquisitor Brock
Remington 700, the US Marines still use it as a sniper weapon, and it's quite good if you need to reach out and touch someone.

prices vary from 500-1000. The ones here are about 700. It's a high quality gun though.
try a ruger m-77

or the remington isp or 700

the isp is a single shot i think  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:37 pm
Crash Maniac
I've seen some pump action .223's that take AR mags. their pretty well priced. but i'm not sure if thats your thing.
$805. Less for the non-synthetic, and I'm sure Gunbroker has even cheaper.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

EmpressMotoko

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:48 am
I myself would probably get a mini 14  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:07 am
Fresnel
Crash Maniac
$805. Less for the non-synthetic, and I'm sure Gunbroker has even cheaper.

yeah... For that price why not just get an AR?  

Freak_090
Captain

Buying and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces