Reply Debates and serious discussion
Can 'Hunting'

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stargazer21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:55 pm

So normally I'm pretty ok with certain kind of hunting, deer, rabbit, duck etc. I think if you do it only now and then and don't waste anything and its not an endangered or threatened species, its fine. But today on animal planet I heard about this other kind of 'hunting'

Basically you pay a guy for an exotic animal. They keep it in a cage for most of its life and then when you want it, they go and file down its teeth and claws and you bring your gun and hunting dogs. They let the animal out of its cage and your dogs attack it and then you shoot it. Take a picture then time to pack up and go home with your new trophy.

Alright, I can see the appeal of going out into the wild, stalking an animal and then shooting it with a typical hunting weapon (I see the appeal, I don't agree with it) But how on earth could you consider just letting an animal out of its cage and then shooting it hunting? Its like putting a tv dinner in the microwave and saying you cooked a gourmet meal!

So yea, its illegal if your wondering but that doesn't stop people. What do you think, would you consider that hunting?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:35 pm
No way!! If I hunted (which I don't), I would never do it that way. Not just because it's illegal, but because it's cheating. I mean, they file down the teeth and claws and send dogs after it? Where's the challenge, the danger, the thrill? That's not "hunting," it's just butchering.  

Gunr

Debates and serious discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff