Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)
[CLASS] Protective Magic and Shields Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever used protective magic?
  Yes!
  no...
View Results

Devil_Heart_Cry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:25 pm
EDIT BY MOD
This class is complete and no longer accepting students, so it has been placed in the library for reference purposes.

Hello, and welcome to my protective magic class. You may address me as Ms. Lillet if you would like to ask me a question.

Now, protective magic is a way for Wiccans to protect themselves from many different things, ranging from dangerous encounters to hiding from someone you dislike at school, and beyond as well! This form of spellwork can be frustraiting and long, but in the end, it is definetly worth it.

Here is a look at my curriculum for this class.

Unit I : Protective Magic
a. What is it?
b. How it is used in wicca.
Unit II : Raising Energy
a. What is raising enegy and how to use it.
b. Raising energy and holding it.
c. Grounding energy.
d. Collecting energy in a spot.
Unit III : Your Type Of Shield
a. What is your shield for?
b. What is your energy's color?
Unit IV : Creating Your Protection
a. Review of collecting energy.
b. Expanding your energy.
c. Holding your energy.
Unit V : Life's Shielding
a. Recap of holding energy.
b. Using the energy for what you want.
c. Managing energy.
Unit VI : Healing
a. Using collection skill for healing.
b. Sample spells.
c. Healing magic.

As you might have seen at the end of this, I will also teach a healing spell here or there throughout this class. Healing requires the tough training that protective magic also needs, so you should be up to whatever healing spell I through at you.

Well, I think I pretty much covered unit I... Wow, that was sort of short... But, you better not expect the other units to be as easy as this, because they are challenging to a lot of Wiccans... Well, That is all for now. I do hope you sign up for my class, and thank you. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:57 am
Okay class. Today I will teach Unit II, Raising Energy. First off, raising energy is when you take energy from the earth and use it for wicca. It is better to use energy from the earth in big spells like shields, because you might wear yourself out or hurt yourself if you use your own energy from your body.

Alright! The first step in raising energy is to find a stool or chair to sit on. Once you have found that item, sit on it! When you have seated yourself, close your eyes and imaging that you are connecting with the earth. Try to visualize a tail almost, that crawls from your spinal cord deep into the center of the earth. This is much easier when sitting, hence the use off a chair. Once you feel connected, try to pull energy into your body. try to move it to different points, like your fingertips, toes, or head. Try to hold in in a spot for a little while. Imagine the energy building in that spot, but don't build up too much! That could be harmful! Now, once you have all this energy in you, you may be wondering, how the heck do I get it out? Well, that process is called grounding. Grounding is almost the same thing as raising energy, but when grounding, you release energy from your body into the earth. You never want to have too much excess enrgy in you, because it could cause headaches or other small problems. The nice thing about grounding is that you don't always have to use the method I taught for raising.

You may ground energy into a tree by pressing your hands on the tree and releasing your energy into it.
You may take a bath and imagine the energy leaving you as the water runs down your body.
You may place your energy into a stone the same way you would a tree.

There are so many ways too ground, but you should pick the most enviromentally safe way to do it. All of the ways I listed are very safe and can always be uased.

Practice these skills until you can raise and ground energy with ease! Theses are very inportant things to know for all wiccan spells and rites. Thank you for listening! I shall post the next lesson in a little while, so in the meantime, practice, practice, practice!! 3nodding  

Devil_Heart_Cry

Enemy of Oz

Dangerous Lover

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:29 pm
okay i think ive been gettin realy good at this part!!! iverealy practiced it alot and ready...........  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:22 pm
This is more difficult.

I have always had trouble with concentration and meditation, so practice is key for me. And I do know about wearing yourself out with shields. Again I feel like such a greenhorn because I have a hard time keeping those up unless I can feel negativity in my immediate region.

Besides for spells and shields, what are some other uses for Raising and Grounding energy?

Rainbow Holocaust

Devil_Heart_Cry

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:30 pm
well Rainbow Holocaust, you maight ground your energy when you are a bundle of nerves, right before a concert. grounding can relieve stress, stop a headache, or even cure nausia.

Now, for Unit III: Your type of sheild.
First off, ask yourself this qeustion: What am I sheilding myself from? Is there a bully at school? Maybe a mean boss at work? Even a scary dog in your walking route.
Have you ever been in class, and not want a teacher to call on you because you did not do your homework, or study? Did you try to appear as small and as less noticable as possible? This is an example of creating a sub-concious sheild. These shields come up without even thinking about wicca. They do, in fact work, even if the results are slight.

Now for your energy's color. What is your favorite color? What color best connects you with nature? What color describes you? The answer to these questions is the color of your wicca energy. Whenever you raise energy, you must imagine that the energy is this color. This will help you focus and keep you calm.

Okay, that is easy, so I will teach a little of part IV: Creating Your Protection.
Now, relax yourself. Raise energy and keep it in your body. Now move it to your head and hold it there. Keep focused on the energy and its color. Now try to expand it. Imagine that it is slowly growing out of your head. For your first time, imagine that the energy takes the form of a bubble around your body. You can chose what form the energy takes, but a bubble is the easiest. Now, practice holding your sheild around the house, at school, or out at the store. Practice, Practice, Practice!!!!! This is very hard!!! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:35 pm
I actually have achieved a bubble before. Granted, it wasn't major protection, and it was from a spirit that has been hanging around me for a while.... But I was only able to because I hated the vibes I get from it.

Either way I need to practice, practice, practice so that I can raise energy when I need it. Here in North Idaho, there really isn't anyone I can talk to in person.

So I'm quite thankful to have found this place :3  

Rainbow Holocaust

Devil_Heart_Cry

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:17 pm
Well, Ms. Rainbow, It is good that you have achieved a bubble before. It will help you master raising a shield, but I hope that spirit hanging around you is a good one. Bad spirits can cause harm to you are things around you.

That said, everyone please continue practicing, and I will post the next lesson in a while. xp  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:35 pm
im just gunna say this it is realy similiar to how i created a fog shield or something like it so far al this stuff isnt so new to me some of it is ......  

Enemy of Oz

Dangerous Lover

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Devil_Heart_Cry

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:23 pm
Thats very good mr. darkzombie lord. :] Hmm.. a fog shield? I can't say that I have heard of that before... What is it?  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:06 pm
Beatrice_McDumples
Well, Ms. Rainbow, It is good that you have achieved a bubble before. It will help you master raising a shield, but I hope that spirit hanging around you is a good one. Bad spirits can cause harm to you are things around you.

That said, everyone please continue practicing, and I will post the next lesson in a while. xp

Actually... It's a bad one. When my best friend met me years ago, she sensed it around me but never told me about it because she thought I wouldn't believe her. She isn't the first one to have sensed it either. This is part of the reason I'm not only a believer, but an eager learner in psychic shielding and what-not. I'm almost positive that once I can shield myself from it completely, and perhaps drive it away, my depression will lift before my dad puts me on medication xp

This is probably going off topic in all reality, but hey, gives us something to talk about and make the forum look more lively, eh? wink  

Rainbow Holocaust

Enemy of Oz

Dangerous Lover

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:58 pm
well it not realy like on how it sound i was reading my natural magick book stumbled upon fog magick and there was a phsycic *cant spell* shield spell to prevent others to read it or something like that so then i used it and tought of doing some thing like it but with a old spell *portective fog* my father tought me and then i testes it out it worked it prevented negitve energys from reaching me it was a small shield spell i call it fog for i dont know why......... its still basic  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:11 am
I can't say I know much to be honest, but I do want to lear!  

yukina_youkai

Fashionable Smoker

5,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Devil_Heart_Cry

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:45 pm
A bad spirit?!? Ms. Holocaust! You should probably try to get rid of it immidiatly! Bad spirits can cause depression and other problems. Im not an expert at dispelling spirits, but I think you could try to cast in away by doing a spell. Try looking at the topic Demon Dispelling, in the forum. I think people commented on how to get rid of unwanted spirits.  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:37 am
"Ms.Lillet, I have a question. I want to purify my home. Make it free of all negative things. But I can't burn candles in, or around the house. ALl spells do do so that I have found need candles(white to be specific). What do I do?"  

yukina_youkai

Fashionable Smoker

5,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Devil_Heart_Cry

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:41 pm
Hmm... This is not a problem Ms. Yukina. Here is a spell that I have modified to suit your candle problem.
First, you should obtain a glass jar with a lid.(of any size, but you will need to be able to fit things inside of it). Next, you will need:
A 12 inch piece of red string
A gold and/or silver candle(Don't worry!!! We arn't going to burn it!)
And two items that you feel are connected to the house(Make sure that you do NOT need these things, for you will be getting rid of them shortly. Also, make sure that they symbolize good things! No knives or other things that could hurt you!!!)

Okay now, First, Remove the lid from the jar, and fill the jar halfway with water. Next, Place the candle(s) inside the jar. (the gold one represents the god, and the silver for the goddess. You may use either or both, depending on who you want to cleanse and protect your home) Third, Place the two items into the jar while thinking about what they mean to the house. Fill the jar up to the top now and securely fasten the lid.(So no water gets out!!) Now tie the red string aound the jar.(This symbolizes blood, a cleansing element, in some cases.) When you have finished these steps, Bury the jar in any corner of your yard.(This is where having a smaller jar comes in handy!!) Make sure that it is firmly safe underground.

This will Purify your home and also protect it from things that mean you harm. :] I hope you are able to do this!! 3nodding  
*~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff