Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Too much clothes or too many clothes? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quatrina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:13 am
Either way, that is what I have, and I can't bring myself to get rid of more than a trash bag full. Not quite full, even. :[ I think I need to go down to Linens 'n' Things or whatever and get me some Yaffa blocks or something. This puny dresser is just not cutting it. D:

Wheee, home organization! So how messy are your rooms? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:34 pm
I don't have a room at the moment.

Stupid renos.  

terramaster

Niccea Majeare

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:10 am
Umm. I haven't cleaned my room in over a month. I'll let you imagine. But since I have a tidy roommate, there is an obvious line between our sides of the room. I don't carry my clutter over to her side.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:49 pm
I think it should either be "too much clothing" or "too many clothes".

As for my house, it's usually pretty clean. I rent 2/3 of a 3 story house, 6 rooms in total an the only mess I accumulate is the occasional glass or empty soda can here or there. It can get semi messy when the girlfriend comes over but we clean the place together so it's all good.  

Mikhalia

Emilem

Quotable Dabbler

6,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:56 am
"...and who are we to be but kings...
My first thought was "too many".
But actually, I think both are correct.

Be thankful for an abundancy of clothing.
I don't have enough.
Well, I digress.
My room is rather clean.
[[Compared to all of my friends' rooms.]]
..in this noble game of chess..?..."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:56 am
Heh. My room is a semi-mess. I don't have an explosion of clothes, but I have wrappers and such all over the place. I live alone, thus I pick up about as often as I like a garbled 'text talk' message.

Also classes and work consume most of time time, so I'm really too tired to care what it looks like. That will soon be fixed, though. -picks up the mess-  

Patron with a Mission

dark_elf

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:02 am
My room...yeah.... sweatdrop I do know where most things are though.  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:51 pm
My room = messy as hell (Right now)
Now as for the clothes issue--
Is there anything that doesn't fit or you haven't worn in over a year??
If so, it either--
Send the ones in good condition to the Good Will.
Or, for anything that can't be donated--
A) Cut apart the ones that can't be donated and sew parts of them onto clothes (Jeans, white shirts, ect.) And make something new out of something old.
Or you can burn them. Burning things is the solution to all. twisted
B) Make pillows out of some of the Shirts that you have, or cut them apart and make a quilt.
C) Cut them apart and use them as cleaning rags (For things like polishing wood, ect.)

That's what I usually do, anyway.  

xXgoth_girl12Xx

Quatrina

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:34 pm
I did pull out a few, but most of it I can't bring myself to get rid of. D: I think I just need better organizational skills. And equipment.

In other cleaning related news, this can of flea spray that my mom brought home insists that we "Retreat as necessary." At what point would retreat be necessary? When the can explodes? When the fleas mount a massive counteroffensive?

Remember, hyphens are your friends!  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:35 pm
I have SO much clothing I need to give away and throw out. I'm going shopping in a week or so and then its bye bye to my old clothes!  

Astral Charmer

Sparkling Senshi

Tric A Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:05 pm
Too many clothes. I have too many clothes. Not I have too much clothes. That just...doesnt make sense.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:43 pm

The state of my room usually depends on how busy I am that week.
But my inclination towards general cleanliness pays off, so I don't have cups and things littering the floor.

Shigures Editor

Kali Eyad

Ruthless Ladykiller

9,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:20 am
I shudder to think of the state of my room. It's awful.
Quatrina
In other cleaning related news, this can of flea spray that my mom brought home insists that we "Retreat as necessary." At what point would retreat be necessary? When the can explodes? When the fleas mount a massive counteroffensive?

Perhaps it just means the fumes? We sprayed some raid inside not too long ago and I couldn't walk through the kitchen without getting a headache. I would like to see the fleas' counter! Would they use human spray? Or just force of numbers to increase the infestation to epic proportions?  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:30 am
I'm a real neat-freak, so my parents could never say "Go clean your room!" My room was always the cleanest in the house...and my mom's a really messy person, so we would tease her about sending her to clean her room instead!  

Annikaya

a_shy_girl_1999

Newbie Conventioneer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:35 am
I actually need more clothes, I don't have many outfits to use besides my work stuff.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff