Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply ^-~ Anime/Manga Planet ~-^
Manga! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like manga?
Yes!
64%
 64%  [ 11 ]
It depends on the genre and/or storyline...
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
No; I prefer novels/nonfiction books.
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
I haven't tried reading manga yet, but I will!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Never tried, never will.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
What's a manga? (me: I will define it for you! PM me)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No; I hate reading anything. Mangas, novels, whatever. (me: ...)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:47 am
Manga are still books, so why don't we have a manga discussion thread for those of us who like to read manga?

So here it is. wink

Enjoy, fellow manga fans!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:01 am
Hahaha, so yeah. I really like Naruto, Death Note, and Bleach. I like some other smaller stuff like Re:play, but those are my 3 favorites.  

Haru Uchiha Teh Wolf

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:33 am
My absolute favorite manga is Vampire Game by JUDAL. I also like Death Note a lot, but I prefer the anime. (and I've only read like 3 of the mangas. xD)

Oh, andI've watched a few episodes of Bleach, but I haven't read the manga. Are the storylines similar or completely different? (The anime's got me so hooked... XD)

Hm...for mangas, even though Scrapped Princess and Princess Ai are both trilogies, I love them so much. Beauty Pop is funny, and cute. XD;; I just started a whole bunch of mangas, like only books 1 or books 1 and 2... xD  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:05 pm
Haha, I'm like, a Death Note addict. L is my hero. I own all the books and the novel. Heh. Obessionnn.
XD
And as for bleach, I think that they're similar. It seems that way.
I've heard of Vampire Game, but I really never get around to reading a lot of manga series, especially since I have quite a few friends whom fangirl over the yaoi stuff. Bleh.
Like they want me to read Legal Drug, Gravitation, and Loveless. Loveless kind of creeps me out, but I like the wordspell battles in it.  

Haru Uchiha Teh Wolf

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:20 am
L is my favorite character from Death Note. wink I <3 Death Note; it's one of my favorite animes. But I don't read as much of the mangas; just a few. But... on a larger scale, I am not as obsessed with Death Note (the anime) as much as some other animes.

And manga-wise, I don't think it's really one of my favorites, considering that I haven't read them all.

Hehe, really? XD;; I like Yaoi stuff...but not ALL yaoi. Same goes for shippings. It all depends one whether or not it 'hits me.' I guess I ship a variety of shippings. xD;; I ship L x Light together. Mello x Near is cute too! I usually don't ship someone who's dead with someone who's alive, but in Death Note, a lot of the main characters die. xD;; So...yeah. It's an exception. Hehe...

Hm...I haven't read any of those yet.  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:27 am
Haha. Yes~!
L is the coolest.
I keep telling my friend Renee that she's Kira. ahahaha. She says I'm L. Lulz.
Anyways. Yeahhh. I had to explain to Smoldered what yaoi was.
Kinda awkwardddd.  

Haru Uchiha Teh Wolf

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:40 pm
Hehe, oh really? XD;; Yaoi/Yuri...hm...I don't think it's THAT hard to explain. It's basically homosexual - gay/lesbian stuff. But in anime/manga. wink I like yaoi/yuri...in kind of depends too. I am not the kind of person who's all, "I love all yaoi shippings!" because some yaoi shippings are kind of "out of the blue." I like yaoi and straight too. It all depends on what shipping. I don't judge by if it's yaoi or not. xD;; Just in general. I guess, I just like the 'good, cute, nice-but-angsty' shippings. XD;; I love L + Light together, though!  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:35 pm
-rolls eyes-
I want to know why I'm talking about yaoi?
XD
Cuz, like, ew.
I can't be like, oh, I like this guy and this guy together. Cause yaoi is ewous.
ahahaha. like soubi and ritsuka. ewous. just get on with the fighting. it'll make me happy.  

Haru Uchiha Teh Wolf

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:59 pm
Oh, you don't like L x Light together? XD;; You're against yaoi? Or you just don't like it much?

By the way, visit my Fanfiction thread in this guild:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=12165007

I have a Death Note fanfiction called Life Note. biggrin I would be honored if you would care to read!  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:35 am
Mmmmm, I will. When I get around to it. Ehehe. Sorry if that sounds mean, but, I'm really busy right now. Fina;ls are coming up so yeah, busy as heck. Plus I' m writing my story, roleplaying, doing a few art projects, and babysitting. -___-; It's too muchhh! Lulz. But yeah. I just don't like yaoi much. I'm not completely against it, but it's just.... meh.  

Haru Uchiha Teh Wolf

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:57 pm
Oh, okay. XD

By the way, please vote in the following poll if you haven't already:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=11978867

I want to create an anime subforum, but I want to make sure that I won't be the only one using it. razz Also, if I create an anime subforum, there raises the question of whether or not it should be anime and manga together, or just anime. I personally think manga belongs in this subforum, because it IS a book. XD  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:03 pm
Mhmmm. I did.
And I think that they belong together, just because, they do.
Haha. Even though Manga is books.  

Haru Uchiha Teh Wolf

SunnyNights

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:11 pm
I think I finished all o' Real Bout High School. there's only 6 books i think. sad wahh...oh well. >_>;;  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:42 am
Aw... sad At least it's six. Scrapped Princess has only 3 books. crying And so does Princess Ai.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

SunnyNights

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:20 pm
yay for princess mangas!! lolz...soooooooo random/hyper right now. LOLZ  
^-~ Anime/Manga Planet ~-^

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers