REALITY!
  ILLUSION!
  Wow... I never thought about it.
  I don't know.
View Results

Isabella Brooke Hart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:06 am
Something that's completely stumped me:

First of all, let me say that though I do not myself believe this fact, I cannot prove it wrong. I'd like a theory to help me [[whoever would be so kind]] to disprove it.

[[I use the word "God" as a higher being or power, including all religious fields, and this argument of course is going on the basis that there is such a higher power]]

The matrix: it is a complex system made of illusions of reality created by robots or un-human beings

We could argue that humans are created by God and that we ourselves create robots, so therefore this is reality. That by sensing and touching something, you can feel it.

However, the system of illusions could be that God himself has created a higher image for us; that he wanted to portray an image of reality, and NOT his own reality.

It also could be said that robots, in fact, did create us. SCARY thought I know. BUT if we are in fact, NOT in reality but in a simulation, couldn't it be said that some all-knowing robot could be creating us, controlling our thoughts, movement. Past what we can prove, its possible that an un-fathomable robot created us.

WHAT IS REALITY is my question. If it's simply to touch, taste, smell, talk.. those are all physicalities that could be overlooked if we are in fact in a simulated illusion of reality. This is difficult, since you look over to your friend and know that he/she is there. You can touch them, talk with them, have intellectual conversations. BUT IT COULD BE A LIE. We could be imagining it, and perhaps they are hooked up in the adjoining cable or something.

The fact that I'm here typing this... Still could be illusions. SEEING myself type means nothing. I see myself clearly in my dreams, why would this be any different?

De ja vu (sp?) [[that glitch in the matrix]] Could also be a sign that this is not reality. It could be the computer/robotic/creator's mistake in creating an order of time, so that we accidentally see our future.

WHICH MEANS that there is no free will.

Please argue me. I don't like this view of life =/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:11 pm

The Matrix, at least the first one, was a fairly spiffy movie, but it was based on the "brain in a jar" idea, and to all such ideas, it is based on screwing up/throwing out the entire idea of the burden of proof. They pose a "what if" with not a shred of solid evidence or reasoning to support it, just an imagining potential, and try to imply that you can't disprove it means something serious. There's a reason nobody goes around worrying about pink elephants in space with super-advanced technology and time machines and space ships that purposefully avoid letting people find out about them so they can avoid being pestered for information about their time machine technology to fix all their problems. Consider for example the idea of "innocent until proven guilty" -- you don't forever worry about somebody being a murder or an arsonist whenever you meet people even though it may be possible, you need some kind of additional evidence in favor of it rather than just that you haven't disproved it yet.

I'll start worrying about The Matrix being real the day I see somebody pulling off some of those crazy stunts they do in the movie or something else like that that, but until such time as I have more convincing evidence for the idea than against it I'm not concerned and I recomend you don't either. Remember that in the movie, nobody believed in the matrix before they had evidence for it, it wasn't some idea of "what if" they worried about and just so happened to be right about.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

savetherainforest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:02 pm
This 'reality' that we live in is simply what you choose it to be. If we believe with all our hearts, we could 'break out' of this reality (like Neo)- and into another. That's what I think anyways. I don't think you have to be able to touch something for it to be reality. I think that if you believe it's reality, than it is. And if you can only exist in one reality at a time, then whatever realities that you are not in would be considered illusions to those within that same reality. If you can exist in multiple realities at once (kind of like the Matrix- with being plugged in and everything)- which would most likely be for only highly advanced souls- then everything is reality and nothing is illusion. And there you have it- I'm rambling. I could explain my views further, but let me know if you are even following first. XD. On a lighter note, you should read Richard Bach's "Illusions". I think it would interest you, too.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:46 am

Somebody I know once was unjustly forced into a mental hospital for a month and only kept their that long because the place was a corrupt institution trying to keep people in their as long as they could and not admit when people were sane to try to weasel more money out to keep people in there. While they were there, they met a person in there to keep them from killing themselves in their depression. This person I know told that person about that idea they heard of as the premise for a game that if you just thought about it and focused and tried hard enough, you could change the world/break out of this reality/whatever that means what we know of as reality, they would be living in something else. The depressed person completely hooked onto this idea and got to work trying it by trying to concentrate and get themself to walk through where there currently was a wall. Having this idea they were hanging on to, they were no longer depressed, so the place ended up letting them go. A couple weeks later, that person was readmitted because they kept walking into walls and were now incredibly depressed yet again because no matter how hard they tried or what they did, reality would not bend or break to their attempts.

I admit I don't have documents of this account unfortunately, but have you ever heard of what you proposed working for anybody before? I seriously doubt, even if don't believe the account I told, that there haven't been plenty of people who were really depressed who thought they had nothing else to lose that haven't decided to go ahead and put every effort they could into doing something like that. You'd think if reality was mutable or breakable like that at any time it would already be common practice for people to change it or break out of it and we'd see things change at least once in a while or have people leave with witnesses.

Do you have any actual evidence to support your claims or just "what if?" neutral

bluecherry
Vice Captain

savetherainforest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:30 pm
bluecherry

Somebody I know once was unjustly forced into a mental hospital for a month and only kept their that long because the place was a corrupt institution trying to keep people in their as long as they could and not admit when people were sane to try to weasel more money out to keep people in there. While they were there, they met a person in there to keep them from killing themselves in their depression. This person I know told that person about that idea they heard of as the premise for a game that if you just thought about it and focused and tried hard enough, you could change the world/break out of this reality/whatever that means what we know of as reality, they would be living in something else. The depressed person completely hooked onto this idea and got to work trying it by trying to concentrate and get themself to walk through where there currently was a wall. Having this idea they were hanging on to, they were no longer depressed, so the place ended up letting them go. A couple weeks later, that person was readmitted because they kept walking into walls and were now incredibly depressed yet again because no matter how hard they tried or what they did, reality would not bend or break to their attempts.

I admit I don't have documents of this account unfortunately, but have you ever heard of what you proposed working for anybody before? I seriously doubt, even if don't believe the account I told, that there haven't been plenty of people who were really depressed who thought they had nothing else to lose that haven't decided to go ahead and put every effort they could into doing something like that. You'd think if reality was mutable or breakable like that at any time it would already be common practice for people to change it or break out of it and we'd see things change at least once in a while or have people leave with witnesses.

Do you have any actual evidence to support your claims or just "what if?" neutral

The depressed people that use this 'breaking out' method as a way to escape their depression, or to escape their 'reality'- are incapable. Well...I guess 'incapable' is the wrong word, because everyone is capable. They just are not going about it in the right way. At least, that's my opinion. They can't truly believe in it if they are just using the belief as a last resort. And if they don't truly believe, if they have any doubt at all, then of course it's not going to magically work. I know, I've tried.

People do disappear- all the time. The media chooses what to let us see, though. Just because it's not on the front page of the paper, just because we don't hear about it often, does NOT mean it's not happening. It is. (Again, read Richard Bach's 'Illusions'. I don't know if his story is true, but he has claimed it is. And I'd like to think it is, because he put what I've always believed into words. It sure seems true, especially if you read his other books.)

There is plenty of evidence out there, if you look for it. Have you ever had an out-of-body experience? That's evidence right there.

It IS possible to break out of this. Everything is illusion, and everything is reality. I believe this, and it has worked for me, in different ways, twice. I'm still learning and growing as a person- so I am certainly no expert. But I do believe what I am saying, with all of my heart.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:29 am
savetherainforest
bluecherry

The depressed people that use this 'breaking out' method as a way to escape their depression, or to escape their 'reality'- are incapable. Well...I guess 'incapable' is the wrong word, because everyone is capable. They just are not going about it in the right way. At least, that's my opinion. They can't truly believe in it if they are just using the belief as a last resort. And if they don't truly believe, if they have any doubt at all, then of course it's not going to magically work. I know, I've tried.

People do disappear- all the time. The media chooses what to let us see, though. Just because it's not on the front page of the paper, just because we don't hear about it often, does NOT mean it's not happening. It is. (Again, read Richard Bach's 'Illusions'. I don't know if his story is true, but he has claimed it is. And I'd like to think it is, because he put what I've always believed into words. It sure seems true, especially if you read his other books.)

There is plenty of evidence out there, if you look for it. Have you ever had an out-of-body experience? That's evidence right there.

It IS possible to break out of this. Everything is illusion, and everything is reality. I believe this, and it has worked for me, in different ways, twice. I'm still learning and growing as a person- so I am certainly no expert. But I do believe what I am saying, with all of my heart.

You believe they aren't doing it right, but that doesn't mean it counts as an "opinion." This is a physics question, physics is not open to opinion. Best color? That's a matter of opinion. Best food? That's a matter of opinion. Whether something exists or not or, barring maybe a technical semantic interpretation disagreement, whether something is possible or not? Not a matter of opinion, those kinds of things are issues of definite facts. Why do you think all depressed people have always been doing it wrong (other than the fact that they haven't succeeded, because claiming that would be begging the question until you've seriously shown that it just not being possible isn't an option)? And what then would be doing it right that none of them have ever done? The person I'm mentioning wasn't doing it as a "last resort" -- it just so happened when they heard about it they believed they had nothing to lose already anyway and this belief they thought would give them something. It wasn't done because they thought they had no reason not to, it was done because they thought they had an actual reason to do so (wording may look similar, but it does make a difference psychologically.) The lack of care in if they got hurt or not was not the motive, it was a coincidental that happened to pay off for them when despite their best efforts and sincerest wishes, it didn't work.

Why does everybody with claim of similar natures to this though - "changing reality through just wanting it to be so," "ghosts," "mind reading," etc . . . always seem to be blaming lack of sufficient belief for when they put forth something, it gets tested, and it fails to turn out how they said it should? How do you come about this belief that you have to believe X amount before it will work? And how come there are no well documented cases under conditions that aren't suspicious yet?

"The media chooses what we see" -- that's silly, if you had a serious, well documented case of something like what you're claiming, do you know how HUGE the ratings it would draw would be? ENORMOUS! Besides, tabloids exist saying things that the "mainstream" media doesn't support already anyway. It isn't like people in media CAN'T say these kinds of things, just the ones that do happen to have very poorly supported claims and be highly unreliable. But even in these highly poorly supported cases, there's still plenty enough people who are listening and even believing that the tabloids are well able to keep being a profitable business.

Are you aware people's brains' can be screwed with by things like disease, drugs, autoimmune issues, genetic disorders, lack of oxygen, and many other things? People may think they've experienced things at times which are due to their brain having something mess up. The classic "near death experience" for example being attributable to the problems their brain is having as they're in such bad shape, such as the lack of oxygen often making there appear to be a tunnel with a light at the end. Let me see if you can give some good evidence ever for an "out of body experience" under scientifically unsuspicious circumstances, like maybe you put somebody in a room and monitored their brain and had some things on the other side of walls which they could later inform you of what they were without leaving the room, that may be more convincing than just claiming they happen. I'm sure you'll say that would be hard to pull off and maybe people don't control when they do it, but until such a time I think there's really far too little reliable support for believing this thing which by all accounts doesn't sound like it should be possible -- existing and thinking independent of not even just your brain, but any form of matter at all.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

CheKage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:14 am
savetherainforest
bluecherry

They don't succed because they weren't chosen by themselves to succed! Because Everything is Everything and we are All part of the All, we are all the the Universe, just we are divided by persons(bodies to be more exact). Just like our brain is divided into more parts, separated by neurons!

If we can learn to control our subcouncious, we can control our whole body and do anything! If we can do anything we can create a link between all of us, and if we do that, we can think like One, and know Anything!).

We are all vibration! If we touch high speeds we directionate that vibration and touch the speed of light! Thought can be turned into matter, and THAT IS A FACT. But we use only a part of our brain conciously so we must control our subconcius by using our concious and supra-counciosness to double our percentage of the brain our person(body) uses. After we do that we just need to do what we need to do! And we will All know that, and I am SURE of that!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:54 pm

They don't succed because they weren't chosen by themselves to succed! Because Everything is Everything and we are All part of the All, we are all the the Universe, just we are divided by persons(bodies to be more exact). Just like our brain is divided into more parts, separated by neurons!

If we can learn to control our subcouncious, we can control our whole body and do anything! If we can do anything we can create a link between all of us, and if we do that, we can think like One, and know Anything!).

We are all vibration! If we touch high speeds we directionate that vibration and touch the speed of light! Thought can be turned into matter, and THAT IS A FACT. But we use only a part of our brain conciously so we must control our subconcius by using our concious and supra-counciosness to double our percentage of the brain our person(body) uses. After we do that we just need to do what we need to do! And we will All know that, and I am SURE of that!

Exactly! Thank you! It's a scientific fact that humans only use generally about 12% of their brains. 12% And that's including people like Albert Einsten. Just imagine what the rest of it could be being used for.  

savetherainforest

CheKage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:18 am
So now, that we came to this point, what conclusion do we have? In my opinion this is a very important piece of information and should be treated as such. After we come to a conclusion on which we all agree, what should we do with our knowledge? How will we use it? I have some ideas which would really help humanity, but let's first come to a conclusionary sentence. Any suggestion to end this sharing of knowledge? Or shall we continue this post until we discover all the secrets of the Matrix? If we all agree that the Matrix is All that exists which includes both Reality and Illusion, we could use the Matrix itself to discover the secrets of the unexplained...
Will this knowledge completely changeour lives, or will we just add it to our list of tools which we use in life? The possibilities are ALMOST endless.
Let us get to a logical conclusion. It would be almost impossible to make an illogical conclusion anyway, but let us not lose our heads thinking it will be easy making a perfectly logical, agreeable and intelligent conclusion. To achieve that we shall take away anything illogical unagreeable or unintelligent from our minds to achieve absolute truth. We will not need to explain everything, but whatever we explain, we shall explain it right!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:01 pm
The truth behind the matrix is all around us. Physically we are unable to see beyond reality but mentally we have enough knowledge to gain all the answers.  

Egyptian Beatdown

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:24 am
savetherainforest

Quote:
They don't succeed because they weren't chosen by themselves to succeed! Because Everything is Everything and we are All part of the All, we are all the the Universe, just we are divided by persons(bodies to be more exact). Just like our brain is divided into more parts, separated by neurons!

If we can learn to control our subconscious, we can control our whole body and do anything! If we can do anything we can create a link between all of us, and if we do that, we can think like One, and know Anything!).

We are all vibration! If we touch high speeds we direct that vibration and touch the speed of light! Thought can be turned into matter, and THAT IS A FACT. But we use only a part of our brain consciously so we must control our subconscious by using our conscious and supra-consciousness to double our percentage of the brain our person(body) uses. After we do that we just need to do what we need to do! And we will All know that, and I am SURE of that!

Quote:
Exactly! Thank you! It's a scientific fact that humans only use generally about 12% of their brains. 12% And that's including people like Albert Einstein. Just imagine what the rest of it could be being used for.

Whatever you two may be on, I recomend you get off it. It is doing screwy things to your head, be it illegal substances or terrible philosophers. ninja I'd like citation for that "thought can be turned into matter" thing. "They don't succeed because they weren't chosen by themselves to succeed!" Proof? Any kind of evidence or logic other than refusal to believe the idea has been shown to have failed and just making anything up to explain it at all? Seriously, if you told these people they didn't choose for themselves to succeed I bet you'd get laughed at at least a few times. Desperate people who may not be entirely attached to reality mentally anymore are unlikely to shy away from going whole heartedly into anything they think might help them. As for the "12%" thing, which I always heard of as 10%, that is false. http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percent.asp "it has worked for me, in different ways, twice." Have you any credible documentation? Otherwise, your anecedotal evidence doesn't count for much about the nature of reality and probably much more may be a sign you should go get a psychological evaluation before deciding to rewrite physics according to what you believe has happened to you which goes against all other existing credible sources who used things like the scientific method. Et Cetera Et Cetera, lots of things I'd like to see if you have any credible proof/evidence/logic/credible citations for.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:12 pm
bluecherry
savetherainforest

Quote:
They don't succeed because they weren't chosen by themselves to succeed! Because Everything is Everything and we are All part of the All, we are all the the Universe, just we are divided by persons(bodies to be more exact). Just like our brain is divided into more parts, separated by neurons!

If we can learn to control our subconscious, we can control our whole body and do anything! If we can do anything we can create a link between all of us, and if we do that, we can think like One, and know Anything!).

We are all vibration! If we touch high speeds we direct that vibration and touch the speed of light! Thought can be turned into matter, and THAT IS A FACT. But we use only a part of our brain consciously so we must control our subconscious by using our conscious and supra-consciousness to double our percentage of the brain our person(body) uses. After we do that we just need to do what we need to do! And we will All know that, and I am SURE of that!

Quote:
Exactly! Thank you! It's a scientific fact that humans only use generally about 12% of their brains. 12% And that's including people like Albert Einstein. Just imagine what the rest of it could be being used for.

Whatever you two may be on, I recomend you get off it. It is doing screwy things to your head, be it illegal substances or terrible philosophers. ninja I'd like citation for that "thought can be turned into matter" thing. "They don't succeed because they weren't chosen by themselves to succeed!" Proof? Any kind of evidence or logic other than refusal to believe the idea has been shown to have failed and just making anything up to explain it at all? Seriously, if you told these people they didn't choose for themselves to succeed I bet you'd get laughed at at least a few times. Desperate people who may not be entirely attached to reality mentally anymore are unlikely to shy away from going whole heartedly into anything they think might help them. As for the "12%" thing, which I always heard of as 10%, that is false. http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percent.asp "it has worked for me, in different ways, twice." Have you any credible documentation? Otherwise, your anecedotal evidence doesn't count for much about the nature of reality and probably much more may be a sign you should go get a psychological evaluation before deciding to rewrite physics according to what you believe has happened to you which goes against all other existing credible sources who used things like the scientific method. Et Cetera Et Cetera, lots of things I'd like to see if you have any credible proof/evidence/logic/credible citations for.

Rawr. gonk . What makes you think you are so incredibly right? And that everything I say is a fabrication that holds no truth whatsoever? Why is it that you are unable to open your mind to other possiblities- to think outside the box? I don't understand how one so seemingly 'intelligent' can be so closed minded. In the words of Will Smith in I,Robot: "You are the dumbest smart person I've ever met." XD. You know what I'm on? I'm on a little thing I like to call 'unbaised, unfiltered intelligence'. It derives from thinking differently, from looking at things from much higher perspectives...because when you do that- you get the bigger picture. And of course, the bigger picture can always get bigger. I'm not saying I'm right about anything- but I do know that I will get nothing but infinite wrongness without a broad mind. You know nothing of the universe, and nor do I. We are to small to comprehend it. Any of it. Telling yourself you know even one of it's secrets is a lie that fools only yourself, for comfort. All I know of the Matrix, of Reality and Illusions, is this: Everything IS. And in those words I believe the key to the universe, to the Matrix, can be discovered. But NOT by someone like you-- unwilling to believe anything that isn't in a book, that's not proven by a certified scientist. What's the point of even arguing with you if you refuse to try and see my 'opinions' as possible fact?

savetherainforest

savetherainforest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:17 pm
CheKage
So now, that we came to this point, what conclusion do we have? In my opinion this is a very important piece of information and should be treated as such. After we come to a conclusion on which we all agree, what should we do with our knowledge? How will we use it? I have some ideas which would really help humanity, but let's first come to a conclusionary sentence. Any suggestion to end this sharing of knowledge? Or shall we continue this post until we discover all the secrets of the Matrix? If we all agree that the Matrix is All that exists which includes both Reality and Illusion, we could use the Matrix itself to discover the secrets of the unexplained...
Will this knowledge completely changeour lives, or will we just add it to our list of tools which we use in life? The possibilities are ALMOST endless.
Let us get to a logical conclusion. It would be almost impossible to make an illogical conclusion anyway, but let us not lose our heads thinking it will be easy making a perfectly logical, agreeable and intelligent conclusion. To achieve that we shall take away anything illogical unagreeable or unintelligent from our minds to achieve absolute truth. We will not need to explain everything, but whatever we explain, we shall explain it right!

Huz-zah.

heart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:16 am
savetherainforest
bluecherry
savetherainforest

Quote:

Quote:

Rawr. gonk . What makes you think you are so incredibly right? And that everything I say is a fabrication that holds no truth whatsoever? Why is it that you are unable to open your mind to other possiblities- to think outside the box? I don't understand how one so seemingly 'intelligent' can be so closed minded. In the words of Will Smith in I,Robot: "You are the dumbest smart person I've ever met." XD. You know what I'm on? I'm on a little thing I like to call 'unbaised, unfiltered intelligence'. It derives from thinking differently, from looking at things from much higher perspectives...because when you do that- you get the bigger picture. And of course, the bigger picture can always get bigger. I'm not saying I'm right about anything- but I do know that I will get nothing but infinite wrongness without a broad mind. You know nothing of the universe, and nor do I. We are to small to comprehend it. Any of it. Telling yourself you know even one of it's secrets is a lie that fools only yourself, for comfort. All I know of the Matrix, of Reality and Illusions, is this: Everything IS. And in those words I believe the key to the universe, to the Matrix, can be discovered. But NOT by someone like you-- unwilling to believe anything that isn't in a book, that's not proven by a certified scientist. What's the point of even arguing with you if you refuse to try and see my 'opinions' as possible fact?

I have reason to believe the things I do and you have offered no solid evidence or arguments, just random assertions and unfounded "what if" type scenarios. And I am "open minded" in that I AM open to the possibility that I can make mistakes, I know I've learned some ones I've made in the past already for sure. razz However, I do not see anything that could possibly be gained by leaving your mind "open" to the point of accepting and/or worrying about or giving recognition of validity to every and any stray supposition and/or assertion to cross my path. My mind is not closed, it is open with a junk filter. That's a good filter to have, much like a spam filter on your e-mail. When you can give compelling evidence and/or arguments, ones I have not already come across and considered to my satisfaction that could possibly alter the reasons I had before for supporting my current position, then - and only then - am I quite willing (eager often even) to reconsider my positions on any subject what so ever.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

51: Philosophy.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces