Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
Great Expectations (And Charles Dickens' work in general)XP

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So do you like Mr. Dickens' work?
  Yes. How could I not, they're all classics!!!!
  Uh, no. Long, hard to understand, and just... no, just no.
View Results

xXgoth_girl12Xx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:21 pm
Has anyone read Great Expectations?
I had to read it for english over the summer, and I didn't even get half way through it. (Of course, someone at the office messed up my schedule so while I was supposed to read Great Expectations, I was reading Call of the Wild-- but I hat both. xp )
Anyways, has anyone else read it? And any other of Charles Dickens' other works?
And if you have, did you like it?
The only story I like from him is A Christmas Carol.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:05 am
Palindromes

We did Great Expectations in honors English this year. While it wasn't terrible, I'd much prefer the Shakespeare and the banned book projects we're doing now. (I'm reading Brave New World.)

Go hang a salami; I'm a lasagna hog

Invisible Rainbows

xXgoth_girl12Xx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:01 am
The summer before I entered 8th grade, I had to read it (After we found out that the office had made a mistake with my classes and I was reading the wrong book, "Call of the Wild', which I had hardly finished over the summer... I had about two weeks to make it through Great Expectations.), and I tried but failed. I just couldn't read it. It didn't capture my interest at all.
I've never read 'Brave New World', before, or even heard about it for that matter. Is it good?  
Literature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games