Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply The Legend of Timestock RP: U/C and Accepting Profiles!
The Legend of Timestock: Must Read Before Applying

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ilik Sarver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:32 pm
THE LEGEND OF TIMESTOCK

Intro:

This world we live in, this universe, this Earth, is all a lie. The real world, the Multiverse, exist to us only through mere glimpses of our dreams and our imaginations. Everything that we think up exists somewhere. In this place, magic rules the metal. Technology is backed by greater forces we humans only pretend to be familiar with.

Here, in the Multiverse, magic has been abused. The strong use their gift to assault the weak. Against them all has risen the rebellion, lead by the Engineer. During the onslaught of the mechanical mastermind, a weapon was created to destroy magic on a whole. A race known as dinosaurs was created, born without magic, unaffected by magical enchantments, and unable to be given any traces of the gift.

These various species of reptilian abomination were sent forth to the enemy, causing destruction uncharted. In a desperate move, a council of gifted gathered to create the greatest achievement in the history of magic. Led by a revolutionary mage named Gaia, the mages and the mistress created a place in a far away galaxy called Earth. Here, the race called dinosaurs were transported, given a world to dominate and satisfy their carnivorous cravings.

No one in the Multiverse would be threatened again by the reptilian menace. when the gifted had regained their strength, the rebellion grew weary. This time, the Engineer knew he would be forced to eat the gifted away from within. Amongst the persons of the Multiverse, the Engineer sent them mankind of a particular distinction. This men and women were ungifted, and immune to the magic before them. Not only was this a problem, but when the ungifted reproduced, their offspring would also be ungifted. This would happen even if they were to mate with a gifted lover.

Once again, led by the mistress seer Gaia, the council decided to cast a great spell sending the humans to Earth. Having great sorrow for the innocent amongst the ungifted, the council sent a devastating meteor to Earth, eliminating the dinosaur race that once ruled the distant planet. After the planet returned to growth, the council cast a web over the Multiverse, sending all of the ungifted to Earth.

Now, mankind thrived. However, temptations and pride overtook them. threats of nuclear war adorned the powerful. Words of a third world war ripped through the papers. No one knew of the Multiverse, at least non that cared to share its secrets with the rest of the world. On high, from scrying in far off observatories, the council realized the terror of the world of Earth. One of the council, becoming inwardly sociopathic in failed attempts to stop the continuing war with the rebellion and the Engineer, sent forth a destruction unto Earth.

Soon enough, a disease spread through the United States and surrounding countries. It wouldn't be long before it moved over seas. Doctors were astonished at the viciousness of the virus. Soon, physicians began calling it "lycanthropy". It seemed only mammals were effected by the disease. Smaller mammals served less immunity to the disease, often dying before the full effects of the disease took place. Larger mammals, such as wolves and bears, were extremely effected. Some proved immune, but few. Once a creature contracted lycanthropy, they were sent into a rage. They would attack other creatures on a whim, without cause, often resulting in fatal casualties.

Humans contracted the disease in two ways, one completely unlike other mammals on the planet. The first was through viral ingestion. This form of contraction led to the worst cases of the disease. Once infected in this form, the person would slowly turn into a large, alien form. They closely resembled a black, worm like beast with rows of teeth vertically down the bottom of their body. Two eyes were seen on the head. This form of transformation was extremely deadly to others, resulting in increased speed and heat sensitivity.

If bitten by and animal and contracted, the person would begin to take on qualities of the beast that had transferred the virus. The person would soon be outcast, joining groups of others that had been infected by creatures of the same type. Soon, they would fight amongst the others for territorial domination. Death plagued the world with viciousness. This is how the world will end. This is the beginning of the end of the Multiverse.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:42 pm
RULES:

[1] Follow all Guild Rules.
[2] Be sure to PM the character forms to me! (Do not post them). (PM subject TIMESTOCK)
[3] Be active...this means RPing fairly often. If you are quitting the RP or if you are going to be busy, please let me know via PM or via OOC post. This is a long-term RP so don't join and then leave.
[4] No Godmodding! Or powerplaying... or any others of the like.
[5] My word is law, because I am the Creator of this RP. Do not complain about the rules please.
[6] You can RP one character at a time. If you are to start another, you must kill them off in an exceptable fashion, then proceed to PM me anther character creation.
[7]You may mention other non-characters to support your character, like family and such. You may not continuously mention them and control them likewise. This rule is to help build character plot.
[8] All these rules can be changed, edited, added to, or deleted by me.
[9] HAVE FUN! (oh, and make sure to write literate posts with proper spelling and such. But since you are in this guild, I am assuming I don't need to add this as a rule.)

I stoel a lot of these rules form Otulissa, but they work. Thanks, chica.

Additional rule: Keep OOC chatter to a minimum, and go to the OOC thread to discuss things OOC. Do not quote, ever.  

Ilik Sarver

Ilik Sarver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:46 pm
Setting;

Make sure your character is in a major city, ex: New York, Chicago, etc. Wherever your character is, make a sub-forum for that area. When leaving an area for another, place an (()) OOC under the post announcing what area your character is going to so others know. When entering a different city, place a (()) OOC over the post stating where your character came from. Negate this for your first post.

All characters must remain within the United States (Hawaii and Alaska count)

This RP will take place in a not so distant future, on the world we live in. Governments all over the world are turning against each other. Nuclear threats and massive air and land raids are a common experience. Due to international turmoil, exporting and importing with any place over seas has ceased to exist. The government and public are in fear for a biological attack from any of our main enemies, Russia, Iran and Iraq are our prime suspects. When the other-worldly virus picks up, the U.S. Government believes it to be some sort of attack. There are those that know otherwise. In each major city is a branch hidden that belongs to a group called the Farsword. They commonly move around under the radar and are actively seeking a cure. They are led by a group of individuals who know of the true existence of Earth. You may seek them out in your RP's.  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:45 am
There are two other sticky three other sticky threads in this sub-forum.

1) Announcements: Keep view of this sub-forum, it will explain when there is a change to the forum or any other important information.

2) OOC Thread: This is the out of character chat thread for questions, references and comments. This is the only sticky thread you may be allowed to post in. Please do not post nonsense posts in my OOC thread. I will end your characters life. Just kidding, but keep it cool.

3) Profile Thread: Here, I will post the form for application as well as the NPC characters and other user's profiles.  

Ilik Sarver

The Legend of Timestock RP: U/C and Accepting Profiles!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games