Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sloweiser's Oasis Getaway Main Forum
(( HACKER WATCH )) YOU MUST READ THIS !!!! danger !!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll Gold
  Thanks !!!
View Results

sloweiser
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:43 pm
I WILL POST ANY NEW WAYS I HEAR OR COME IN CONTACT WITH ABOUT HACKERS HERE ON GAIA. CHECK THIS OFTEN !!!

Don't log in again, its a trick !!! U Be Hacked !

When you are in Gaia, if for any reason, the log in box appears, after you have already been logged in, don't log in !!!! Close your browser, and reopen it, and type in the Gaia address to come back.If using firefox, make sure you click "start new session" when its reopening.

Its a password stealer put there so someone can steal your account and take all your stuff. And you won't even be able to get into that account again unless GAIA fixes it for you.
NEVER GIVE YOUR PASSWORD TO ANYONE !!!
GAIA STAFF WOULD NEVER ASK YOU FOR IT.
ANYONE WHO ASK's YOU YOUR PASSWORD
WANTS TO RIP YOU OFF.

((Never Give It Out !!!))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you recieve a message from Gaia staff, thier name will be colored:

An "Administrator" name will be colored (Gold).

All "Moderators", "Omni Moderators", "Global Moderators", "Site Moderators", "Moderator Assistants" will be (Green).

"Non-Player Characters" will be (Red).

"Artists, Developers and other staff" will be (Brown).

(All officials at Gaia will also have a specific title under their username specifying their role on Gaia. Anyone without a title underneath their username is NOT an official of Gaia in any way !!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4/23/08
I recieved many private messages from many different user names that had this above a graphic:
(OMG! Look what I found, it's the hidden signup page for the Gaia MMO! You'll also have to install this small program to make it run correctly. You can find the program here. Click the banner to go to the MMO now)

This is total crap and a "Phishing" expedition from people that want to steal your account !!! They were also posting it in my thread "Join or Bump" in chatterbox. They were also posting a link asking For help in the arena AVI contest. When you click a link and it says you are now leaving GAIA, and you were going somewhere on the site, someone is trying to rip you off. Usually, after you continue , you will see a page that looks exactly like GAIA, and a message saying you were logged out and to log in again. If you log in again, your account will be stolen.

4/25/08
I recieved this private message today:

YOU HAVE BEEN SUSPECTED OF HACKING AN ACCOUNT
Failure to submit your Username and Password will result in the banning of the accused account

-All Questions will be answered after the screening process-
-10 minutes is given upon opening this message to comply-
If, upon inspection, the accused account is found to be wrongfully tagged, the owner will receive 10000g for wrongful accusation*
*section 114 (found in Gaia T.O.S.)
Thank you for your Cooperation
-Gaia Hacking Security

5/22/08
I got the message below after filling out application to be a beta tester for the new game. Notice how it says a message from the "Admin" will be colored. If you ever recieve a message that says they are Admin, and its not colored, its fake !!!
Heres the message:
"If you're accepted into the beta test, you'll receive a private message from the admin account, which has an orange username. If anyone without a colored username contacts you to invite you into the beta test, it may be a scam. Gaia's staff and moderators will never ask for your passwordl if you receive any suspicious PMs, please click
"report this PM" button."

5/22/08
Heres how to make a strong password. Do not use the examples I have given !!! Ok, heres how: make up a sentence that you will easily remember (example: My favorite place to go is the beach) then you take the first letter of each word (mfptgitb) and then add a number you will easily remember (13) and put that at the end or begining. So with the examples I have given, it would be (mfptgitb13 or 13mfptgitb). Thats it, you can then write the setence down some where safe in case you forget. But once you have used it for awhile, you won't forget !!! The longer the sentence you use, the stronger your password will be. Also, if you can, use small and capiitol letters, that makes it even stronger !!! Never share your password with anyone, EVER !!! I hope this helps !!!

Gaia will never ask you your password !!!

NEVER EVER GIVE YOUR PASSWORD OUT !!!

NEVER EVER EVER !!!

EVER !!!

7/29/08
Please read the following thread.Its good to know all you can
to protect yourself !!!

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/questions-assistance/how-to-spot-staff-impersonation/t.41918727_1/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:15 am
I went to the page, but it didn't send me a message saying I was leaving the site. I just didn't know what a MMO was and I wasn't interested.  

doucthec
Crew

sloweiser
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:05 am
doucthec
I went to the page, but it didn't send me a message saying I was leaving the site. I just didn't know what a MMO was and I wasn't interested.

They are talking about the new "Gaia Battle" coming soon. It will be a: massively multiplayer online game (also called MMOG or simply MMO) its a video game which is capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously. These scammers were using the recent news about the battle, to steal peoples accounts... ~sloweiser~  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:11 pm
I GOT HACKED  

MCMR
Vice Captain

sloweiser
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:23 am
MCMR
I GOT HACKED

Someone figured out your password ? Or were you tricked into loggin in again by a fake "you were logged out" message ?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:35 am
MCMR, did you send me a weird message? cause i received one that wasn't like how you normally talk. did you get control back?  

doucthec
Crew

MCMR
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:02 pm
yea i got control back
but they took over 45,000 gold  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:56 pm
ouch  

doucthec
Crew

iRetardedGenius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:43 pm
I've been hacked before. crying  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:07 pm
is there any hackers in the guild? if there is i could leaves the guild if there isn't i will not leave  

alex11uk

alex11uk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:10 pm
iRetardedGenius
try being hack by ur friend crying  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:13 pm
Here's a tip you can add! Gaia staff have colored names!!  

Plain White Panic

Generous Genius

7,600 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Turen121

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:09 pm
I would like to say how much I appreciate that sloweiser looks out for us like this. So yeah, appreciatiation = lots.

-=Edit=-
Also, my spelling = bad, lol  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:42 am
i dont like hackers!
I've been hacked before.
but they took my beautiful avi.  

princessnancy G

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

sloweiser
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:07 am
alex11uk
iRetardedGenius
try being hack by ur friend crying

This is why you never give out your password to anyone, EVER !!! Its your personal info to be shared with nobody !!! If you don't know how to create a strong password, let me know, and I will tell you how to create a STRONG password... ~sloweiser~  
Sloweiser's Oasis Getaway Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff