First up, the Bad News... - I love it!
  Meh, it's alright.
  ... What are you on about?!
  I don't like it.
  ..... DROP BEARS!
View Results

Enetirnel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:02 am
Is anyone a fan of GNW (Good News Week), it's on Channel Ten.

Originally it was on the ABC, before it was axed (what Paulie called "The longest commercial break), it's how Rove got his show (but I prefer Paulie's show in comparison as Rove pulls all of these sad, sorry and overall lame name puns in attempts to get into a "Pun War" with Paulie... but there's also other reasons to why I prefer Paulie).

Because GNW is also a sub-production of GMW. TV which is Paulie's main production group... they also produced the show called ABC's The Sideshow with Paul McDermott until it was axed last year.

Paul McDermott was a member of the comedic group called DAAS (Doug Anthony All Stars) that were around and basically, helped create The Big Gig and there really haven't been any good Australian comedians since they split up - but that's just my opinion as my parents are DAAS fans and I've grown up watching them.

But the newer version of the show isn't as good as it originally was, I miss Julie... I hate Claire Hooper - moron. Saw her at the live shows of the Sideshow and Good News Week and she had no idea what was going on and when she turned her head away from Paul, Paul made gestures of shooting himself among other things.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:34 pm
I do watch it when I can, and I did watch it when it was first on, but seeing as how I'm in Japan at the moment it's a little hard to get a hold of episodes.

Paul McDermott has given me good times though.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

Enetirnel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:45 pm
Ah I understand, try going onto the Ten - GNW website, under Good News Week they've got episodes online as well as some extras.

I hear you on that, I find it funny and also somewhat sad that Rove has stooped to the lows of making little puns on the names of things Paul has done on GNW, when Rove got his break on television from the original Good News Week. Then again, Paul solves this little problem with a little snarky comment.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:55 am
Never been a fan of Rove anyway..he's just too childish.

Thanks for the link, I'm getting me a vodcast.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

Enetirnel

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:09 am
I agree with that, I just really don't find him funny at all.

You're welcome, hope you enjoy the latest one with Julie back on GNW as a guest.  
Movies, Television & Entertainment

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games