Welcome to Gaia! ::

Art Freebie Land! Artists of All Skill Levels!

Back to Guilds

We allow all artists to improve their skills by drawing users in a friendly atmosphere 

Tags: Arts, Freebies, Art Freebies, Contests, Artists 

Reply Freebie Land: Artist Listings! (Welcome!)
5T4R5 ☼ 21 ☼ ART STUDENT [closed] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I ♥ ...
  Local H
  Ween
  Arctic Monkeys
  yo mama!
View Results

5T4R5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:55 am
User Image

**I'm taking a break for school and work**
If I owe you something, please PM me so I don't forget.

So, I have just switched my major to art from biology. Vastly different... I would have liked to continue with biology, but certain subjects stood in my way that I could not seem to surpass (OChem and Cell Phys). I've also switched schools and even states. Things are drastically different from when I started this thread. Things are hectic, so I won't have time to take requests on demand, but if you post a request in the appropriate section of this thread, and I'm bored, I may just respond 3nodding

I'm not big on drawing anime, so if you want you avatar into some big beautiful masterpiece, it's probably not going to happen. I prefer to work with real faces, but I make exceptions. Just give me a general idea - if you get too specific, I'll be more likely to disappoint you. Wouldn't want that sad

I don't have any particular style. I don't get to practice much. I may not get back to you right away. Once I finish it, do whatever you like with it, just be sure to credit me, ok?

So to sum it all up, drop me a line if everyone else is too busy and you just don't care anymore rolleyes

Some examples:

MS Paint:
Abbysnail614(new!)
Alex Eternal/SilverM0on(new!)
pizzapie148(new!)
Lady Kira X(new!)
The Mother Goose_(new!)

Tablet Quickies:
Machine Akuma, Nul-2, Jamboree Jess
Kazwha, Orielle, SuicidaL_RaGe
cHickeN PooP 45
nixtey, lemom, Sir Ska
Jahni Okami, [ Mad Hatter ], skylarkza
Sir Ska, Iaruk, Hostile Paper Clip
Iaruk, Rue Bunny, Earyn, KerryFox
p0jo, Malice Liddell, PunkyPanduhh
Clarissa Crossette-Gahn
Ole(new!), Tsuki no Kigai (new!), Jimmey Page(new!)
Iaruk(new!), Stupidism(new!), Pheonix_Vamp(new!)
Dark_Vixen_Vampire(new!), Insanity_Of_The_loveless(new!)
Earyn(new!)

Traditionals:
Fluffy
Effi Las
tervasulka
Sugafied
Pyros_Blood
Clarissa Crossette-Gahn
xDark_Storm25x
Iaruk
Seichinoyami
Rei Sakurazaki
DJ XIII
kutelilkittie
Self-Portrait(new!)

My Graphite Art (currently unavailable):
Nate
James
Nate & Aubry
Diego Luna
Rob

Declypse
Orielle(new!)

Yes, clearly I suck at anime, I suck at photoshop, and I suck at color (unlike pretty much everyone else here). Oh well. I try.

Currently Commissioning:

[]  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:02 am
User Image

I need love, too. Most of you are used to avatars, so here are some of my avatars to choose from:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And for the latest event, here's 3 variations from my camp:
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Waiting on You whee *
Kazwha
Mignion
Pyros_Blood
Sugafied
seichinoyami

Thanks in advance heart -- 5T4R5

*This is a reminder to myself to check their threads, not to apply pressure on the artists x_x

Done!:
ChicKeN PooP 45, Jahni Okami, SirSka
Effi Las, Clarissa Crossette-Gahn, Iaruk
Hostile Paper Clip, DJ XIII, Declypse
Rei Sakurazaki, nixtey, kutelilkittie
Rue Bunny, Earyn, Malice Liddell
Iaruk, Clarissa Crossette-Gahn, PunkyPanduhh
l- S t a r l i t 3 -l, Dark_Vixen_Vampire, Insanity_Of_The_loveless
Lady Kira X, Pizzapie148  

5T4R5

nixtey

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:53 am
First of all i want to say that you're art is gorgeous! I like the way you are more of a graphite artist! It's extremely difficult to get everything right when it's all in colour!

Second of all, i would like to have a shot at drawing you and your friend... i'm not great but i'll give it a shot biggrin

oh and welcome to the guild! if i posted this too early and you would like to add more posts, please tell me and i'll delete it biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:59 am
Thank you whee I only started graphite in my last semester of high school, so I pat myself on the back sometimes :p I've been drawing for as long as I can remember though.

Thank you again for taking a chance on my request. I'll PM you links to some photos shortly.

And nope, you posted just fine. If I want to add more stuff, I'll just edit my first two 3nodding

Thanks Thanks Thanks 4laugh  

5T4R5

nixtey

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm
not a problem at all! i'm looking forward to seeing some more of your art biggrin
and wow! you mastered graphite quickly then! i've never used the powder before but i used to use the pencils alot...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:40 pm
Welcome to the guild - i love your pencil work - really impressive stuff - i couldnt work with pencil that well if my life depended on it xD i seldom use them D: and im rubbish at realism =0 but yarr really nice work <333  

Suiish
Crew

5T4R5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:14 pm
I've also never used the powder. Just pencils and blending sticks. I've used the paper before for tracing, though xp

Thank you, Rage ^^ I drew [lousy] anime from 5th grade-freshman year of high school, but then I decided I was terrible and wasn't making a lot of progress, so I leaned more into semi-realism and realism.

I don't have a lot of time to do the graphite art between classes, so that'll probably wait til summer.

Here's a fun fact:
Notice I've mostly only drawn guys in that fashion. It's because my inspiration was a crush I had on them at the time. You can tell I was especially enamored with Rob at the time, because his is the best xp Unfortunately, I don't have that piece anymore. I gave it to his mom x_x  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:19 pm
Ah that's kool then... Oh and i've done a sketch of your picture... i just need to scan and colour it biggrin i hope you'll like it  

nixtey

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

5T4R5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:57 pm
Awesome ^^ I can't wait  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:41 pm
your pencil art is....love xp  

incognitotea

Pheregames
Vice Captain

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:32 pm
~Sponsor me please~

User Image

Wow. Your realism art is amazing.

You.. wouldn't by chance have an crush on me, and want to draw me lovely art like Rob...? sweatdrop

Nice. I'm sure his mom hung it on the refrigerator door.

So I can go nude!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:17 am
Thanks guys ^^;

If it weren't so close to finals, I'd give it a shot. Since it is close to finals, though, that means school is almost out. Then I'll be happy to try it : ) But something I cannot do is make an anime/avatar character into a real person. That is an amazing talent that I don't possess (check out this guy on dA, though, he's AMAZING!!!). I'd need a [decent resolution] photo reference.

Oh, and Rob's mom put it in a frame on the mantle xp She's such a sweet lady.  

5T4R5

incognitotea

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:02 pm
sure. we can do an art trade ><  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:31 am
Thank you so much for the drawing, I love it! heart
And welcome to the guild, you have some excellent sample drawings.. I especially love the one of Diego Luna, and Nate and Aubry!  

Orielle
Crew

S1NC0S

Shameless Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:28 am
~ Wooow ~
Your traditional art is simply fantastic. You should stick on those a little more, or atleast scan them to use as a reference for your digital pics. It would be a waste if you had to resort on only the tablet at your school.

Anyway, your art is amazing, I love it. 3nodding
And welcome to the guild if I forgot to say that. ^^

Freebie Land: Artist Listings! (Welcome!)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games