Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply .::The Surreal Sanctuary::.
Tune In! What are YOU listening to? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Phantom Magician

Dapper Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:03 pm
This is the thread for the music lover in all of us:
Here, you can tell everyone what you are listening to while you cruise around the guild. Tell us the song title and the artist.
But why stop there? If you want, you can post some of [try not to post all of] the lyrics to the song, tell us the album, the year, whatever! Share why you like that music, tell us the genre if you want. And remember, you can always comment on each others posts before you, saying if you've heard the song, whether you like it or not and why. Just try not to bash anyone elses favorite artist, okay?

Now, get out there and spread the music, friends....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:08 pm
____Save Me by Dave Matthews Band____

It is on the album, "Some Devil". I don't think that there is any kind of story behind it, and if there is, I don't know it. But it is actually a pretty good song. Along with "Gravedigger", those were the two songs off that album that they played on the radio when it came out. My favorite part of it is that it is really easy to make into a spoken word song, and it comes out pretty well.

The Phantom Magician

Dapper Prophet

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:55 pm
Tangled Up in Me - Skye Sweetnam

I first heard this song while on a long car trip with my friend Erin. I really liked it, but didn't know the name of the song or anything, and since forgot about it. Then I noticed in one roleplay, they used these lyrics, and I remembered how much I like this song. :]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:02 pm
Little More than Before (slip Out) - BEAT CRUSADERS

I absolutely love this song, and I actually sing it when I walk home from football practice... I just love the chorus. The band is really awesome, to say the least. They have a few songs and I think they've been active since '96? It's a pretty short song, but it's still super sweet. A link to the music video they made for the TV series, if anyone wants to hear the song. There are a few versions, and to be honest, I'm not sure who did some of them. I don't even think BEAT CRUSADERS did either, because the vocals sound really different, but they are credited for them all the same.  

Zyxa

Fyrethil Fyrexetha

Demonic Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:35 pm
I'm a metalhead. I listen to bands like Slipknot, As I Lay Dying...and occasionally some death metal and some black metal, I'm all out there. But at t he same time I'll listen to a little bit of country here and there ^^ I'm not all hopeless xD  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:09 am
4 Minutes by Madonna. ^_^ Catchy beat. *bobs head*

"If you want it, you already got it, If you've thought it, it better be whatcha want."  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:41 pm
Iris - The Goo Goo Dolls

I have no idea why they are named that, but anyway, this song is from their album Dizzy Up the Girl. For me, this has always seemed like a really emotional song. I used to listen to it a lot when I was younger.
"I just want you to know who I am"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:11 pm
Oh, I love that song!! And right now I'm not listening to anything. XD;; I am trying to be quiet, so as not to disturb others.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:15 pm
Who I Am Hates Who I've Been - Reliant K

mmkay, this is one of my favorite songs of theirs. It's like amaazingg<3 It was one of the first ones I put on my iPod and I listened to it five times in one day, and didn't get tired of it. That's pretty much a testament to how good they are :]  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:41 pm
Laser Life - The Blood Brothers

My friends are convinced I have the worst taste in music, so they try to "save me" very often. I actually got addicted to this song real easily when they made me listen to it. This was from my punk-rock friend, and my more classic-rock friends didn't approve, but I love the vocals and the guitar all the same.  

Zyxa

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:22 pm
Chemistry of a Car Crash - Shiny Toy Guns

My newest favorite band. I listen to them a lot a lot, and am looking for their CD, but have been so far unsuccesful. I started listenting to them via a friends myspace, and haven't stopped. Anyone who hasn't heard of them, should defiently give them a listen.

"Just take away the words I say,
'cause I know that you don't feel the same.
Just go and say what's in your head,
and I won't try to stop you.
"

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:41 am
I am listening to the cutest little song, that is sooooo addicting. I am not kidding. The tune's great, and wow... XD It's just so shiptastic. And yes, I said 'shiptastic.'

Song: Hey Juliet
by: LMNT

I am listening to the song here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7UZrG6AUg8

(Yes, it's a shipping video. xD;; I am not really watching it though. XD Just listening to the song. But, I love this shipping. *squee* A friend got me into the shipping. YAY!)  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

The Phantom Magician

Dapper Prophet

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:47 pm
____Kiss of Love from Jhoom Barabar Jhoom____

There are actually a couple of different people who sing this song, but mainly one man and one women, neither of which I know the name of. It is from the Bollywood movie, "Jhoom Barabar Jhoom" and I first heard it while listening to radio NRI, a Bollywood station. I think it stands for National Radio India, but I love it. It is addicting. I am a big Bollywood music freak now and I just finally found someone else who likes it.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:35 am
Right now I am half-hyper half-not, so I am trying to get to 100% hyperness! Don't ask. XD;; So, I am listening to a sweet love song. In a foreign language. razz

Song: Numa Numa
by: Ozone (I think)

I am listening to the song here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgXixUJdq4Y  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:39 am
And now I am listening to Hey Juliet by LMNT again. xD;; Using the same video. (I have a Bleach playlist on Youtube. I am playing it right now. xD;; Love the AMVs that have great music!)

"Hey Juliet
Hey Juliet
Hey I've been watching you
Every little thing you do
Every time I see you pass
By my homeroom class
Makes my heart beat fast
I've tried to page you twice
But I see you roll your eyes
Wish I could make you real
But your lips are sealed
That ain't no big deal