Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Calling all sewers, I need Help!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

damnatio memoriae

Dapper Dabbler

12,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:47 pm
I need some help figuring out what's going on with my sewing machine. I have all the settings set as the manual directs, however I'm ending up with a ton of thread bunched on the bottom. What gives? I know that it's not thread from the bobbin that is bunching. Please help, I want to get back to my project! Thanks for the input! whee
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:55 pm
I had a similar problem with mine once. Turns out it was because the thread was frayed and had somehow become very breakable, too. As soon as I changed the threads, it worked perfectly again. Maybe you should check to make sure your threads haven't become fragile and frayed.  

loves_funeral_song

damnatio memoriae

Dapper Dabbler

12,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:50 pm
That could be the solution. I have a ton of vintage thread from my Nana that I've been using and had wondered if that were the culprit. I just never knew that sewing machines would be so touchy! Thanks! heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:09 pm
damnatio memoriae
That could be the solution. I have a ton of vintage thread from my Nana that I've been using and had wondered if that were the culprit. I just never knew that sewing machines would be so touchy! Thanks! heart heart heart

No problem! I like being helpful. ^_^ heart  

loves_funeral_song

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:15 pm
It might also be your tension. I don't know how experienced of a sewer you are, but that always happens to me because I seem to be incapable of properly threading a sewing machine.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games