Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Breeding Questions & Suggestions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gelfin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:28 am

I have to agree with Bulls. Breedings are supposed to be random with NO guarantees as to what exactly will pop out of the baskets. I like the randomness. Do I like tasteful edits? Hell yes. Do I like edits where I'm trying to figure out if there's even a damned horse under there? No. Do I want to agree to a system that forces a colorist to create something where no one can tell if it's a horse or not under the ******** guaranteed edits? Oh good christ, no.

Edit: Not to mention that such a system is in no way fair to the colorists from a monetary standpoint. 12K per breeding where some would end up with a s**t ton of edits guaranteed depending on the parents? Not fair to them in the least.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:05 am
I have to agree that i like letting the colorists do edits to babies at their digression. The babies always come out lovely with or without edits like their parents.

Personally, in the light of uberedited customs, I paid for that particular custom to be unique. Why the hell would i want more of it running around when i wanted it to be special? I actually have couples where i -do not- want their uberedits to pass down. I'd actually rather the babies have the standard additions for their race

Edit: And to the co-owner thing and being given a basket then just entering one pair after that. I still dont agree.

You -made the choice yourself- to say you were not getting anything from that breeding. You have already agreed that it is alright with you that you -will not- be getting anything from that breeding should it happen. Stick to your guns and deal with it. It's by your own choice that you do that.

I am unfortunately going to look at the bad side of everyone and if you allow people to do that then it still leaves it open for people to abuse the system. Take me for example. I have 40+ Soquili. I could co-own all of them each with a different person. Then they could -all- enter the raffle and i could say that i just wasn't claiming rights to 38 of them. That gives me 38! chances for someone to 'gift' me a basket that i wasn't suppose to be getting. Which is completely ******** fair to everyone else. Even if you say after the fact that i could then on for the rest of the month only enter one couple that still means that i had 38 chances no one else had to get a basket. And then the next month i could do it all over again.

It's just unfair. If you say you are not going to get any baskets from a breed then do not take any baskets from that breeding like you agreed

TheMadHatter

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:06 am
Alright, I think I'll come out of lurker mode just for a moment to support something I feel strongly about.

Kamiki
TheMadHatter
Since people are still up in arms about the chance of actually landing a breeding ..

How about changing the time that it takes for a Soq to grow? As of now it takes less the a month usually to go from pregnant female to adult, which is pretty damn fast all things considered. If it took longer for soquili to hit their adult stage, and then with the two month limit, it would cut down on the number of soq's each month that were old enough to breed, thus reducing the number of breeding couples

I'm actually very fond of this idea. Of course I get really really antsy-excited to see foals grow, but honestly I think this would be a great way to slow things down a bit. Maybe a min 2 weeks in a basket, and 1 month as a foal?

I really do support this, for a couple of reasons.

First, for the obvious reason that has been stated - it simply slows things down.

Secondly, I'm an avid RPer, and while I know this shop is not necessarily meant to cater to only those owners that RP, I do feel that the foals growing so quickly is a little hard for me (and others I'm sure). I build a lot of my characters in their youth, develop friendships and traits that carry on into adulthood. As it is right now, I barely have time to blink before my foal is grown, and that really isn't incentive for me to RP. Jumping into role-play with my soquili as an adult is awkward for me, and while I know I could do backlogs with them as foals, I think it would just be easier to have a little more time to work with them in their youth. I think if there was more time to role-play with a Soquili before it was an adult, there would be less emphasis on finding it a mate and breeding it and more emphasis on actually playing it as a character. I really think it would make people appreciate it more as a pet instead of a baby-making machine. As it stands right now, with how little time there is for me to role-play, I end up just randomly pairing up most of my Soquili and throwing them in raffles. With more time, I feel I'd actually want to role-play, and in the long run I'd be more likely to try and find plots instead of just breeding for pretty new sig candy.

I know that sounds harsh, but that's how it is for me and a few other people that I know. I really do enjoy role-play, but with how things work here I've just never been able to get into it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:47 am
Kamiki

I don't think that's why people. But as some people have mentioned, its a breedable shop. Breeding I think is one of the most fun factors, and seeing what the colorists come up with is awesome. And on the RP note, when they have children it can be very important to their storylines. That said...

I guess they way I see it is, breeding is fun because you get to see how the parents MIX. OMGUBEREDITS shouldn't necessarily pass down OMGUBERERDITS, and I never said they should, but I think if they have 1001 body edits, it makes little sense to me that they might have a child that has none. In theory a baby is 50% of each parent... not a 50% CHANCE of being like each parent. I just don't like the ALL or Nothing, because since that rule has been implemented, I, personally, think the shop has seen more babies that while being beautiful, don't always look as much like their parentage as we've seen in the past. Maybe I'm being more critical. I don't think its "You're just trying to be greedy and get uber edited babies" - no. I never said the edits passed on had to be anything major. But if you have a Soquili that has a REALLY distinct trait, I just think there should be more than a 45% that each baby might get at least a part of that trait. Doesn't have to be a major edit. It could just be a unique horn style, or a splatter of scaling from a draconic parent, a tusk from a troll-ish mother. I think having three babies with TINY but unique edits is preferable to two completely unedited babies and one baby with mod edits. That's really all I'm saying. I think the colorists should the ability ti add little small edit "easter eggs" to babies, but has iit stands now, you have a 55% chance to get nothing at all unique.

No. I didn't mean to direct that post towards you. As I stated, it's what i've been SEEING around the thread, and more than one person has brought up the issue.

to what breedings do you refer to, that the kids didn't obtain edits? x( from the many i've seen these days, almost all of their kids inherit little edits here and there. although, in a case of a troll... Although he didn't inherit the -SPECIFIC- edit the owner wants, he inherited edits. The babies -did- inherit their own tiny and unique edits, like that little fur tuff. but if it doesn't meet the owner's satisfaction of not having a tusk, so be it. x( big deal, no tusk ! and that also shouldn't be used a point to the colorist because it is actually the fault of a randomizer.

i agree with gelfy and madhatte~ xd  

Saiyukii

endejester

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:48 am
Almost a good idea? but really it'd just draw out the problem for a longer period of time?
Plus I already mark my calendar for growings, stretching out over longer periods of time sort of feels like a pain? < sad
You're all free to pretend you soq is still a foal, many people save all stages to their own PB so that they can leave the foal stage in their sig for longer. Likewise I think all the artists provide uncerted images that could be used for this purpose as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:10 am
Sythe's kids rolled very very badly for his last breeding, though the people whom received said pets were, last I heard happy with the colors and patterns that appeared. But out of the sheer number of rolls made it was such an unlikely event I doubt it would happen again any time soon.  

endejester

Feral Cat

Ameh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:04 pm
the thing that confused me most was that scythe is a mutant. avalo is a regular. mutant + regular = wind? i think the owner of scythe in no way intended for scythe's kids to be wind, and that his bloodline is purely that of a mutant unrelated to a wind. just because you roll something for a completely nonedited, i don't think it's meant to say that you have to find the next best thing that looks like a trait to put on because it doesn't require you to edit, but yeah. it'd screw up a lot of rp and the history of a soq imo. so in some cases, common sense should override the mechanical results of dice.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:43 pm
*sneaks in between studying*

Because it was mentioned...

I've talked a lot with Dixie about the VaraxScythe breeding and we both agree that it was bad luck rolling with the edits but are still very happy with how Ende treated the resulting foals. I don't think that Dixie was upset that Scythe's kids ended up with wind wings instead of no wings at all and neither am I. Quite frankly, it didn't even occur to me that it should have been a problem in RP.

I don't really have my opinion worked out for the proposed changes in the editing system, but I would like to confirm that it was a beautiful breeding and I have no problems with the way that Ende handled the results of the randomizer... and I haven't heard any problems from Dixie, either.  

Roniel REVOLUTION

Ameh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:17 pm
in addition, if I had customed a mutant with feather wings, I would have had it customed to be unique, and not of the wind heritage. if I had wanted a wind mutant, I would have customed the suitable wind wings to fit.. or at least have them in the same position if it was an edited wing. in this particular breeding, the owners may have been fine with it, as what's done is done, but I have knowledge of a couple of people who would be quite distressed if the same result had happened if they had a similar breeding. =x

problem in rp = I mean by if I had customed a MUTANT, the background story would most likely be that it descended from mutant parents as well, and has no affiliation with winds? if it suddenly spouted foals that were winds, it would have been as if they came from nowhere, which is how I would view it if I had the same breeding.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:00 pm
TheMadHatter
And to the co-owner thing and being given a basket then just entering one pair after that. I still dont agree.

You -made the choice yourself- to say you were not getting anything from that breeding. You have already agreed that it is alright with you that you -will not- be getting anything from that breeding should it happen. Stick to your guns and deal with it. It's by your own choice that you do that.

I am unfortunately going to look at the bad side of everyone and if you allow people to do that then it still leaves it open for people to abuse the system. Take me for example. I have 40+ Soquili. I could co-own all of them each with a different person. Then they could -all- enter the raffle and i could say that i just wasn't claiming rights to 38 of them. That gives me 38! chances for someone to 'gift' me a basket that i wasn't suppose to be getting. Which is completely ******** fair to everyone else. Even if you say after the fact that i could then on for the rest of the month only enter one couple that still means that i had 38 chances no one else had to get a basket. And then the next month i could do it all over again.

It's just unfair. If you say you are not going to get any baskets from a breed then do not take any baskets from that breeding like you agreed

That was the point i was trying to make but i think i worded it wrong xd

As for edits- maybe a garunted hairstyle edit? maybe not MAJOR like...a crasy hairstyle with braids and chaind and...yeah, crazy...but simple? Like Kami's Torey and my Sadiki's manes? hair should definetly be passed down (Kind of like a family signature?), but at the colorist's discertion when it comes to WHOAOMGCRAZYHAIR (I think i've seen somthing like that..not sure...)

Something i've been thinking in my spare time-
What if there is a limit to the number of baskets a person can be gifted?
Maybe a limit to how many of your Soqs can be co-owned?
i'm probably gonna be shot for this but it's just a suggestion and i'm just throwing them out ^^;;

Gelfin
I have to agree with Bulls. Breedings are supposed to be random with NO guarantees as to what exactly will pop out of the baskets. I like the randomness. Do I like tasteful edits? Hell yes. Do I like edits where I'm trying to figure out if there's even a damned horse under there? No. Do I want to agree to a system that forces a colorist to create something where no one can tell if it's a horse or not under the ******** guaranteed edits? Oh good christ, no.

Edit: Not to mention that such a system is in no way fair to the colorists from a monetary standpoint. 12K per breeding where some would end up with a s**t ton of edits guaranteed depending on the parents? Not fair to them in the least.

Agreed. But i restate what i said about hairstyles.

-Should be doing work- ok yeah, my 2 cents in, and now i take the piece of gum and flee  

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:16 pm
I want some clarification.

Quote:
19. Individual owners may have up to two Soquili pairs involved in breedings in a given month as long as they personally enter one pair and their second pair is entered by the other owner. <-updated 4/28/08

So I'm being told that I can't enter a pair involving one of Baneful's soq's because someone ELSE already entered a pair with one of Bane's soq's. How the hell is this fair? How is it giving anyone an unfair advantage in any way, shape, or form? Bane isn't trying to enter both pairs herself. So what's the deal?

First off, Bane doesn't live with the same timezones as most of us US people do.

Secondly, now I'm in a position where someone has entered a couple that one of my soq's is part of. Now, if I ASK Bane to enter for us, now I'm the person who isn't entering on my own behalf. Basically, it's a neverending circle of WTF.

Explain to me how this is fair.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:31 pm
That is some serious WTF. I thought the whole point was that no individual owner have more then two pairs entered... who really cares WHICH owner initially puts them in. O_O?  

Celeanor
Crew

Dangerous Lunatic

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:45 pm
Celeanor
That is some serious WTF. I thought the whole point was that no individual owner have more then two pairs entered... who really cares WHICH owner initially puts them in. O_O?

That was what I thought but I'm apparently disqualified from the raffle for my entry?

ARGH.

THIS is the crap that is driving me away from soquili. All these rules are being put in to close loopholes that don't even really exist and are being so complicated that innocent people are going to be subjected to inequality. I've done nothing to deserve having my breeding rights limited and neither has Bane.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:03 pm
Uhm, I agree with Jade. I was stalking Antigra's raffle and noticed Jade's couple couldn't be entered because she was entering it? I looked over the rules a second ago and was like... W... T... F...?

Okay so if someone enters a pair for Bane and then Jade goes to enter a pair she can't because Bane has to? Uhm... what does it really matter who enters the pair, there's still only two being entered? o_O; That's like saying, "Oh your partner can't get online in time? Too bad, you're disqualified!" What is the rule supposed to prevent in the first place...?

In my honest opinion I think it's going to turn more people away than anything... I really disagree with this rule and I don't get it at all.

Sorry if I'm whining or complaining just... it seems really unfair and not really needed... Not that I'm an owner or anything... could the rule at least be explained and could people have an answer to the reason behind it?

Dovaxy

Dangerous Cultist

Thamin

Lonely Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:08 pm
Quote:
This also does mean that in order to have two pairs bred in a given month, one of the pairs MUST be entered by you and the other pair MUST be entered by the other owner. You may not enter two pairs yourself NOR may you have both pairs entered by someone else. In time, extrenuating circumstances might become a factor, but at the moment if you can't enter one of your pairs yourself, then you'll have to make do with only having one entered.

This ALSO means that if you personally enter a breeding event ('you personally' as in, you post the couple for the raffle, you claim the speed slot, you respond to the prompt, etc)at the beginning of the month and win, you may not personally enter any more breeding events that month. If you have other pairs that you wish to enter, they must be entered by the other owner. Contrary-wise, if someone else entered a pair involving one of your Soquilis and that pair won, then if you wanted to try for any more breedings that month you would personally have to enter your entries.

I have an issue with this. I won a breeding, but not a couple I entered but the couple the other owner entered. I am fine with that.

However, I co own a mare, Adaya, that Sky Goddess has rights to for the first breeding. I still retain rights to her in the event that there is a third basket I have a possibility of getting it. I have no problem with Sky's breeding taking up one of my two per month availabilities, and would have gladly set aside any breeding plans I had for her to get a slot.

With this rule in place though, and my winning a slot through someone else's entering, This makes it to where Sky, who has had no pairs entered, unable to breed Adaya without breaking this rule, and she should be able to without me having to pop in and say something because I already won a raffle through someone else if I still have one more pair that can win a raffle (and believe me, if I had only one slot left like this time I would put any plans on hold for her to try).

I of course gave up my rights so she could enter, but I do no believe that to be fair to Sky. What if I was not on and could not post that I was giving up my rights? As a co-owner she has the right to post Adaya in a raffle if both of my two slots havnt been taken without fear of her entry being disqualified.

I of course, could have entered the pair, but it is not my turn to breed her. It is Sky's and it is clearly stated in our agreement that it is so.

I agree that an owner should not be able to post two pairs on their own, but I do not agree that one shouldnt be able to have their two pairs posted by other people.  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff